Guardians of the Galaxy Guardians of the Galaxy: General Discussion & Speculation Thread - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, like his actual on-set trailer that he stays in, haha, shoulda been clear.

Really excited for GOTG. With all the diverse casting and the myriad of rumors I feel like this is gonna be an all-time sci-fi epic, or it's gonna be a disaster. Seems like it's all over the place. But I like James Gunn and I have total faith in Feige and Marvel, so I'm expecting a great, entertaining movie. I really can't wait to see a cast list, set photos, etc. And of course the film itself. Gonna be interesting!

Found out that the working title is Full Tilt.

This guy is playing someone in the movie....probably a Nova corps member.

If filming really does begin next week I hope we get a press release like we got with Winter Soldier where roles are revealed and we get a good synopsis.

Kevin Feige said that's probably the way they'll announce it.

Also, found this "inquiry to Fabric samples" for GOTG.

I am working as the fabric buyer on a huge new Marvel comic film being made in the UK. We have hundreds of costumes to make over the next few months and would be wonderful if u could sent us some samples to start with. We are looking for good stretch fabrics in heavy weights , they could be plains or with interesting textures in the weave, also ribbed knitts. We need stretch wools and also any high tech / futurist looking fabrics . Colours are quite broad at the moment but particularly all shades of greys, and yellows and then more basic blacks/whites/browns/ etc. When i get more specific briefs after that i can feed these through.

http://www.bizearch.com/buy/Fabric_samples_for_film_174312

JoBlo got some cool details on GOTG and Cap 2

Our source dropped some information on GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY, once again reiterating that Ronan The Accuser WILL be the film’s lead villain and that Thanos does indeed play a large role in the overall scheme of things. In terms of iconic locations, The Guardians will operate out of their base of operations, called Knowhere, a space station with the ability to teleport throughout the universe. Lastly, our source confirmed that there would be no members of THE AVENGERS featured in the film, but that it does take place in the same time/universe as the current phase of films.

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/exc...erica-2-cinderella-the-good-dinosaur-and-more

Dave Bautista ‏@DaveBautista
Hell of a day! Beans 4 breakfast,trail riding thru Richmond Park,Thai food...calm before the storm! start filming Monday! GAME TIME BABY!

I'm kind of glad she's not. Why should that character make it to the movies instead of other characters that actually do have more history and matter to the Marvel mythos?
Exactly how I felt when they chose to go with a GOTG movie instead of a Black Panther or Dr. Strange movie. =P

Exactly how I felt when they chose to go with a GOTG movie instead of a Black Panther or Dr. Strange movie. =P

I think you're comparing apples to oranges, but I get your point.

At least everything showing up in GOTG comes from established Marvel characters though. Not some bimbo that Marvel acquired in a creative deal.

They're still harping on that. There's been no one cast who could be Ronan, unless it's Benicio del Toro.

Wait, so it IS
Ronan the Accuser
?! I'm so confused.

Ronan's name keeps cropping up among various "sources," so I'm tempted to believe this rumor has more legs than a lot of the others. Of course, just a few days ago, the blogosphere went ape**** saying JCR was playing "Rhomann Dey the Accuser," and they had to retract, so there's a lot of ignorance and confusion about the actual characters themselves. (Hint, "sources": Rhomann Dey is not Ronan the Accuser. :whatever: And The Controller is not The Collector. :whatever: Or vice versa, in either case. :whatever: yadda yadda yadda )

I'm more interested in finding out just who the **** is an actual villain in this movie. So far, we've heard "lead villain" applied to Yondu the Archer, Lee Pace's still unknown character, Ronan the Accuser, The Collector, whatever role Karen Gillan plays, and Thanos himself. Either somebody's wrong, or everybody's right: I still think it's a hodgepodge of enemy groups bearing down on the Guardians, each with their own motives.

Ronan, Magus, Thanos...3 main "antagonists" sayin it right now. and the thing they are all after, as the synopsis says, the soul gem, that's my guess

Wait, so it IS
Ronan the Accuser
?! I'm so confused.

apparently...but JCR is still Rhomman Dey, or whoever, this recent bit of info is irrelvant to the John C Rielly casting, I would think

Dave Bautista ‏@DaveBautista
Hell of a day! Beans 4 breakfast,trail riding thru Richmond Park,Thai food...calm before the storm! start filming Monday! GAME TIME BABY!

no one seemed to address this. This is great..I love how enthusiastic he is about this

Booyah, even though we likely won't get many photos for a long while, it's really awesome that it's finally happening. Looking forward to the press release and (hopefully) teaser pic that comes with it. *fingers crossed for Pratt-Lord*

I knew it didn't take place in the future. Glad that has more or less been debunked.

I knew it didn't take place in the future. Glad that has more or less been debunked.

Yeah, me too.
It'll be hard enough to sell audiences on a reason to care about people and events on planets light-years away from Earth, let alone if all that takes place in a different time period or alternate reality. GOTG needs to have connections to the Here and Now, as it does in the comics, and by all indications, it will.

Its sort of a minor point but I really hope that knowhere in the movie is a Celestial head. Even if they never identify it as such. I can imagine a conversation like "so what's up with the giant head?" "Long story bro". Or some such.

Its sort of a minor point but I really hope that knowhere in the movie is a Celestial head. Even if they never identify it as such. I can imagine a conversation like "so what's up with the giant head?" "Long story bro". Or some such.

That would be awesome. You've got this head floating up in space that is almost the size of a football field. It would open up the possibility of the Celestials showing up down the line to maybe oppose Thanos in an IG-centric Avengers sequel.

Even a a Dreaming Celestial -type storyline in the future (TA4), or even an Asgard vs Celestials (Thor #300) storyline for the future sequel of Thor (Thor 4?). Although admittedly these two are probably one of the less likely stories to be adapted to film.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"