Guardians of the Galaxy: General Discussion & Speculation Thread - Part 3

Discussion in 'Guardians of the Galaxy' started by Thread Manager, Apr 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chamber-music Infinity Ammo

He should of Bautista bombed some deer in richmond park :woot:

2. Steve Holt STEVE HOLT!

and grabbed a tree branch and shook it like a ring rope

3. misjuevos WUUHAAAAAAAAA!

i hope it's in the movie too. speaking of which,this is an excuse to repost my gif i made. made in program called blender.

[​IMG]

4. Starhawk Registered

these reports do not debunk that we wont see the "future". As a matter of fact with Knowhere there is a very good chance we will see at least glimpses and perhaps some time travel.

5. cherokeesam SHIELD Director Coulson

Except for the part where it says:

6. Darthphere Kneel before 'Drox!

Get out of here with facts.

7. mkilban2 family1stclothingco.com

Your facts have no power here.

8. summerteeth Registered

So confusing! I was probably the only one that was actually liking the idea of The Collector being in the film. He seemed like such a good idea for a villain because his intentions are not necessarily villainous, but his actions stand in the way of our heroes and place them in danger while his intentions are wholly for the purpose of good (to save the universe). It would really be something different than the villains we've seen so far who are obviously just either greedy or pure evil.

9. TheVileOne Registered

Who reported the Starlord was going to be in Iron Man 3

10. Crimson King Superhero Novelista

I think Mayimbe said that IM would get a distress call from Star-Lord in the after-credits scene.

11. TheVileOne Registered

Another fake story he put out?

12. Crimson King Superhero Novelista

Marvel changed it up on him at the last second! They're out for BLOOOOOOOOD!!!

13. TheVileOne Registered

I wonder if WB changed it up on him for Justice League with Nolan and Bale coming back too.

14. Crimson King Superhero Novelista

That could still come true, just like Planet Hulk. If it doesn't happen, someone saw his report and changed the plan.

15. metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

This is why I take no scoop rumors seriously unless they are reasonably and proximately falsifiable. If its too vague, too obvious, and/or too far into the future, its worthless.

16. Crimson King Superhero Novelista

It's like his most recent "scoop" on Dr. Strange. Oh, the lead villain will be Dormammu? You don't say.

17. TheVileOne Registered

But Goyer already said if Justice League happens it will be a different Bruce Wayne and Batman. Not Nolan's.

18. Norrin Parker Majestor of the Shi'ar

I'm pretty sure you joking just want to make sure, but you really don't think Marvel would change their plans just because Eh Maybe figured out what they were doing.

19. TheVileOne Registered

Oh wait, I get it now :) .

No they didn't. I'd maybe believe someone could've fed him false information. But I think El Mayimbe/Latino Review has striked out more than once.

20. Starhawk Registered

and if there is time travel the following statement would also work in parallel with the above:

but that it does take place in a different time as the current phase 2 films.

I dont think the statement debunks time travel. Yes all of it could be in the same time but a small portion of it could also be set in a different time.

Also, technically you could have time travel thats only set in the present day...Look at Galaxy Quest where they travelled what 5 minutes into the past? :)

21. cherokeesam SHIELD Director Coulson

There could be time travel in the movie, yes. But that statement, assuming it's accurate, says specifically that "it takes place in the same time as the current phase 2 films." Meaning that yes, someone like Yondu might time travel *to* 2014 from the 31st century; but the movie will still be set in 2014. We won't see the 31st century he came from. Or any other eras/dimensions/alts. Just 2014, in another part of the galaxy.

22. jaqua99 ....I need a horse!

We don't know that. If Knowwhere is definitely involved, we very well could hear of these futures, and maybe even see glimpses of them from Knowwhere, for like, a total of 30 seconds, that is still entirely possible with the movie taking place in "the current universe"

another thing, in the synopsis, doesn't it say something about everyone being after something everyone wants?

what do we suspect that is? an infinity gem?

#897 jaqua99, Jun 22, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2013
  23. R_Hythlodeus Nerd Supreme

the soul gem would be the obvious choice. but if you asked me one year in advance what the mcguffin in CA:TFA would be, my answer propably didn't include the words Cosmic or Cube. so...
    IF it's the soul gem, does anyone think it will get a new, less corny name like the renaming of the cosmic cube in tesseract?

24. Starhawk Registered

yes thats definetely what im talking about (the glimpses). The same thing happened in the 2nd guardians of the galaxy series.

I think the Infinity Gem is an obvious one...had it been set in the future i would have said Captain America's shield :)

25. Joeyjojo72 Registered

lol happy to oblige! Cool gif!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.