Guardians of the Galaxy Guardians of the Galaxy: General Discussion & Speculation Thread - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
the soul gem would be the obvious choice. but if you asked me one year in advance what the mcguffin in CA:TFA would be, my answer propably didn't include the words Cosmic or Cube. so...
IF it's the soul gem, does anyone think it will get a new, less corny name like the renaming of the cosmic cube in tesseract?

You lost me here Soul Gem and Cosmic Cube are awesome names!

the soul gem would be the obvious choice. but if you asked me one year in advance what the mcguffin in CA:TFA would be, my answer propably didn't include the words Cosmic or Cube. so...
IF it's the soul gem, does anyone think it will get a new, less corny name like the renaming of the cosmic cube in tesseract?

idk. I mean, nothing wrong with it. Put it this way, yeah the cosmic cube got renamed. But if and most likely, when, the IG shows up, it's such an iconic story, such a weapon associated with one character, there is NO WAY they WON'T call it the Infinity Gauntlet. The 6 gems are a part of it. For me personally, I have no reason to think they won't call it the soul gem.

yes thats definetely what im talking about (the glimpses). The same thing happened in the 2nd guardians of the galaxy series.

I think the Infinity Gem is an obvious one...had it been set in the future i would have said Captain America's shield :)

I'll be SHOCKED if we don't get glimpses at the future. bad place, maybe that will be the reveal. Obviously we know Thanos is a villain, the audience probably would too, but the twist could be how much he controls, and that he is essentially destroys the universe in the long run or something.

Then preventing him from doing so is the main plot, the main story up till avengers 3.

Its strange how Chris Pratt hasn't said anything about his casting in this movie. Dave Bautista posts about it all the time in twitter, and Zoe Saldana has talked about it in interviews, but we've heard nothing from Pratt. I've heard he's in pretty good shape now. I wonder when we'll see him, maybe comic con? They'll filming, though, won't they? Hopefully by then we'll know who are playing Rocket and Groot.

Also, we're probably not going to get many set pictures, as its going to take place in space, and will likely mostly be on sets.

Whoever they get to voice Groot will literally be stealing money. I-AM-GROOT.

Heres my vote.
SamElliottGroot_zps88a89719.jpg~original

if thats the cow boy ghost rider from the ghost rider movie i think thats a great choice...that guy has a very distinct voice

Yep. Sam Elliott's got a great voice and it would go great for a talking tree lol.

Assuming it'll be an early start, as it usually is on big films, the shoot for GotG should get underway in just a few hours from now.

ea1soj.jpg

And still no Rocket or Groot... Well, we should know who are playing them by opening day, or hopefully by the time it comes out on DVD. Maybe we'll never know.

Also, 27 seals and counting.

the only casting a care about now is Thanos, I could care less who voices rocket or groot.

Interesting that we still haven't heard anything about Thanos.

Interesting that we still haven't heard anything about Thanos.

I'm still operating under the assumption that Thanos is Del Toro, and I won't be convinced otherwise until I see him in character as any other character.

my guess is Marvel is waiting until SDCC to announce the voice or Rocket Racoon and Groot

assuming it doesnt first leak

Not for voice actors. They don't usually get cast until later.

Won't be voice actors. They don't hire voice actors for big budget live action movies like this.

Won't be voice actors. They don't hire voice actors for big budget live action movies like this.

Transformers disagrees. But I think what Crimson King meant was that we won't learn who is playing rocket and groot til post, similar to MCD as Kilowog and Geoffery Rush as Tomar-Re.

I mean actors that have a role that isn't live action, not actors who only provide voices for a living. You don't have to cast voice-only parts with the rest of the actors. A lot of the voice work is done later in the process.

Transformers disagrees. But I think what Crimson King meant was that we won't learn who is playing rocket and groot til post, similar to MCD as Kilowog and Geoffery Rush as Tomar-Re.

Hah! Yes, I was going to mention Transformers.

I'm sure there will be some mocap involved though, especially for Groot. They will likely try to put some of the actors likeness expressions into Rocket Raccoons face, so I don't think I do think they will have actors present on set, and not just voice acting.

Yeah, I don't know about that. Groot has one thing to say, so I don't know if they're even going to get a high-profile actor for that role. As for Rocket, he'll definitely get a known voice, I think, but the live raccoon shown on set has more of a chance to get mo-capped than the actual actor does. Raccoon faces are too different from humans to get the most out of capture.

Yeah, I don't know about that. Groot has one thing to say, so I don't know if they're even going to get a high-profile actor for that role. As for Rocket, he'll definitely get a known voice, I think, but the live raccoon shown on set has more of a chance to get mo-capped than the actual actor does. Raccoon faces are too different from humans to get the most out of capture.

Not at all. Benedict Cumberbatch is doing the mo-cap for Smaug in The Hobbit, that's a way bigger physical difference to a human than a raccoon is.

Moreover, Rocket isn't just a raccoon. He's an anthropomorphic, big-ash-gun-toting, space raccoon. Quite a bit of leeway there for facial features.

And isn't a big part of acting classes studying & recreating animal movements?

I'd be very surprised if they didn't use mo-cap for Rocket (and Groot). It's just too useful (& way faster than keyframe animating from scratch). You basically get to have you're CGI characters there on set acting and reacting with the rest of the cast in real time, rather then getting a voice actor in months later when everything is already set in stone. Makes for a more genuine performance.

Ted is a good example of what I think they'll do:
[YT]rEmMlc43RMM[/YT]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"