Han Solo Will Return

Discussion in 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' started by FilmNerdJamie, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Gianakin_

Gianakin_ SW Prequels Defender

Only Ford was amazing as Indy in Crystal Skull. The acting was the least of that movie's problems.

2. Gianakin_

Killing him off to kill him off would indeed taint Ep7 (not the OT). But if it's poignant and serves the story and a theme, then I don't see what's the problem.

3. Gianakin_

They're old, and so are their characters. It's not like we're getting a "Roger Moore in the last 2-3 Bond flicks" deal here.

4. Gianakin_

Speak for yourself, please.

5. jmc

jmc away for a while

It's not so much about bloodlust, but I think there needs to be a transition to a newer generation because lets face it the principle cast members are in their 60's and 70's now, produces can't be relying on them to take the series forward to episode X and beyond. Solo especially is that one that has to be killed off I feel, at least the first one.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2013
  6. Gianakin_

Han somewhere during Ep7. Luke at the end of Ep9. Leia whenever.

7. jacobed

jacobed Well-Known Member

Carrie Fisher got crazy skinny and looks good

8. Gianakin_

Are there any recent pics of her and Mark?

9. NiteMare Shape

NiteMare Shape Livin' like a Sheen

They should be left open ended. They don't have to die on screen in order for it to naturally progress. They could simply hand the reins over to the next generation.

10. Raiden

Raiden Wakanda Forever

As a huge Han Solo fan, this news is terrific. I still want a confirmation from Lucasfilm and Disney though, but if Ford does reprise his role I think the new trilogy would already be amazing, at least to this fan. I hope Hamill and Fisher will follow suit shortly.

11. Nerial

Nerial Hopeless Sci-Fi Geek

I just don't understand the love/devotion to these actors who aren't even that good. Harrison Ford is the best of them, but Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher aren't exactly winning Oscars, and there are so many better (and younger) actors out there who would be great in these parts and would do a better job than the original trio.

So we really want the old cast back--for what? So we can see a version of characters we love in their 60's and 70's just so the actors can reprise the roles?

I love the characters, not the actors. They barely resemble the characters they played thirty years ago, and the last thing I want is this huge, unexplained gap between what happened in the last movie to their lives as senior citizens. At best, we'll get a story where the original trio play the roles of spiritual guides to a younger group, instead of what we could have, which is a movie where Luke, Han and Leia come back as the main heroes.

Trekkies let go of Shatner for the 2009 Star Trek movie...why can't we let go of the original trio for a new Star Wars sequel?

12. Darthphere

Darthphere Kneel before 'Drox!

That statement would be true if it wasn't for the fact that Trekkies didn't let go of Nimoy.:o

13. Obi-Ron

Obi-Ron Deal with it

Also, **** Star Trek

14. Destructus86

Destructus86 Well-Known Member

Because the characters are very crucial to the story. You can't have a theme of "passing on what has been learned" if the people who are supposed to be passing it on are not in the film. :)

15. Kevin Smith

Kevin Smith Well-Known Member

Seconded. :up::up:

16. Nerial

Nerial Hopeless Sci-Fi Geek

Okay...so everyone seems pretty content on having Luke, Leia and Han as cameo spiritual guides instead of main leads because we want back actors who barely look like the characters they once played.

And Nimoy had a small cameo role in ST09, simply because ST happens to have time travel as one of their plot devices. That won't happen in Star Wars (probably not, at least).

And Batman or any other iconic character would make a good example of my point, not just ST--it's not the actors that are fundamental to the universe, it's the characters.

17. Victarion

Victarion Iron Captain

I agree.

My only concern is Ford being fit enough for the action scenes.

18. Sawyer

Sawyer High King

Very mature. :o

19. Solidus

Solidus Knights of Ren

Well there is a thing called stunt doubles as well. And more importantly Han Solo has never been as "physical" as Indy was. And if he could do Indy 5 years ago, he could still easily do Han. Mainly Han is known for his blaster shooting, and flying the Falcon. I doubt he will have anything more than that. Mark will have to be getting in shape if he is doing any lightsaber fighting which is the most intense stuff being done. The majority of the action I'm sure will be with the new cast. Except maybe Luke he might have some more to do in there.

20. Sawyer

Sawyer High King

That voice, though... :o

21. Solidus

Solidus Knights of Ren

They'll probably tweak it some in post...or get James Earl Jones to do her voice. Which I'd be down for.

22. Octoberist

Octoberist point blank

For a man his age, he is fit and can get fitter for Han. And if you saw 'Cowboys & Aliens', he still can rock a vest and high boots!

23. Octoberist

Octoberist point blank

Carrie got super skinny in 2004-2005. I'm sure she can do it again (if she lays off the boozes and el-drugos......snark-snark-snark!)

24. Solidus

Solidus Knights of Ren

I believe she already has lost a lot. I remember less than a year ago she was on some talk show and she had lost a ton of weight.

25. Doctor Jones

Doctor Jones It's All One Story

Well it seems she lost 50 pounds in 2011. She looks pretty good there.

I wouldn't worry that much. Diets only really work for a year so hopefully she stays committed. Not to mention, movie magic will make her look better.