Harvey Dent/Two-Face Thread

I think they could explore Bruce and Harv's friendship. TAS did it, but it was so long ago, and Telltale too but those games aren't that mainstream. Make Harvey a close friend to slowly transform him into Two-Face would be a good approach IMO, and even explore his villain side more. I love Harvey's arc in TDK but it was too quick, and 15 years ago already.

Two Face needs a full movie to himself.

I cant believe hes been in 2 movies and had to share the spotlight with Riddler and Joker.

Im sure they'll use Joker for one movie if Reeves does a trilogy, but I think a Two-Face movie would be awesome in this style.

Two Face is nowhere near as Iconic as The Joker.
He is not getting his own movie.

Two-Face deserves to be a lead villain. He was killed by Batman twice, which is a huge missed opportunity.

The major difference between him and the other villains is that his arc is pretty much complete. He has the most powerful story of all the villains and has a story that really sort of tells itself. The only problem with Two-Face is that we haven’t gone much in depth about what sort of criminal he really is. His stories always seem to fall back into robbing banks or something else that’s generic. We seriously need to see his story done justice by bringing in his wife Gilda, exploring his psychosis and giving more depth to his evil side. There’s no need to make a lot of drastic changes to his character.

Yeah even though Nolan told a complete Story with Two-Face he still left a lot on the table as far as things to do. Theres the abusive childhood, his Wife, Big Bad Harv.

The theme of duality can be pushed further As well.

An interesting idea I had was that since we know Gil is the current DA and he for all intents and purposes is probably gonna die this film we could have Harvey replace him. But taking that further we also know that Sal Maroni was recently in a drug bust so maybe Dents first case just so happens to be the Maroni one and he gets scarred in the courtroom.

That could all play out in flashback or in the GCPD case.

I don't think we'll ever see another Batman movie where there's only one villain since the only time that's happened before was in Burton's Batman but I do think that Two-Face will certainly be showing up in Reeves' movies and we'll be seeing a lot more of him than we did in The Dark Knight.

My own preference, if you want to use Two-Face extensively, is to make his post-scarring plans and goals "To take the crime he once fought as District Attorney, and rule it". He wants to become the Kingpin, basically, both to indulge his own desires that he used to forgo as a law abiding part of the city's government, and as retribution against the criminal establishment that he always hated and still does. If honesty and integrity just leaves you scarred and left for dead, then its time for violence, corruption, and fear.

Which yes, would mean that being taken over by Two-Face is a rather fraught position for a gangster. Your boss is mentally unstable, and he hates you. Unfortunately, Two-Face is actually really good at what he does, both due to being essentially an Evil Action Hero, and also an entire career learning how organized crime works and accumulating information about it and its corruption most of which he couldn't quite use before, because of laws.

My own preference, if you want to use Two-Face extensively, is to make his post-scarring plans and goals "To take the crime he once fought as District Attorney, and rule it". He wants to become the Kingpin, basically, both to indulge his own desires that he used to forgo as a law abiding part of the city's government, and as retribution against the criminal establishment that he always hated and still does. If honesty and integrity just leaves you scarred and left for dead, then its time for violence, corruption, and fear.

Which yes, would mean that being taken over by Two-Face is a rather fraught position for a gangster. Your boss is mentally unstable, and he hates you. Unfortunately, Two-Face is actually really good at what he does, both due to being essentially an Evil Action Hero, and also an entire career learning how organized crime works and accumulating information about it and its corruption most of which he couldn't quite use before, because of laws.
Gangster Two Face is the way to go

The Dark Knight featured the best live action Two-Face to date, but there is still a lot of room to explore the character. Harvey’s mental illness can be explored in greater detail, and he should be portrayed as a crime boss. Considering the way The Batman went, the stage is set for Harvey to be introduced. I got the impression that Colson had been the DA for a while, so Harvey will likely become the DA in the next film.

Christopher Abbott just got cast as the villain in Kraven, I’m kinda hoping someone plays Two-Face that hasn’t played a super villain before..but it’s a minor nitpick.

The Dark Knight featured the best live action Two-Face to date, but there is still a lot of room to explore the character. Harvey’s mental illness can be explored in greater detail, and he should be portrayed as a crime boss. Considering the way The Batman went, the stage is set for Harvey to be introduced. I got the impression that Colson had been the DA for a while, so Harvey will likely become the DA in the next film.

Christopher Abbott just got cast as the villain in Kraven, I’m kinda hoping someone plays Two-Face that hasn’t played a super villain before..but it’s a minor nitpick.
It's true Abbot was cast today as some villain called the Foreigner, that doesn't kill the chances of him potentially being one day in a sequel since he will probably die in the film like they did with Riz Ahmed in Venom but I think they'll go for someone else.

Clayne Crawford or Corey Hawkins.

Who can they get who is in the level of Rob and Dano?

Who can they get who is in the level of Rob and Dano?

John David Washington or Oscar Issac?

__bruce_wayne_two_face_robert_pattinson_oscar_isaac_and_john_david_washington_dc_comics_and_2_more_drawn_by_thisuserisalive__b9064476d70640bc6a6bfed59cf1ce24.jpg

If they go for a bigger name, I like Pedro Pascal. But otherwise I say go with Toby Kebbell. Skip the origin and jump straight to Two-Face.

I’d love to see the ‘Harv’ split personality too.

I think Dent's descent into madness is so rich and emotional, that you kinda have to show that again. Sure it will seem like a riff on TDK to a lot of casuals, but this time we could get all the Two-Face/duality stuff in the third film.

I'd also love Oz to make a dig at Batman saying now Dent is fighting on the opposite side of the law now that he's a freak like them.

Maybe Harv’s physical transformation was part of the story in Batman’s Year One.

The partnership between Batman and Gordon is forged through fire after the tragic murder of D.A. Harvey Dent, allowing time for Coulson to assume the office in time for The Batman.

When Two-Face appears in a sequel, he’s the literal personification of Batman’s failures and the negative affect he was having on the city of Gotham before his realizations at the end of The Batman. It’s no longer just the sins of the father, but the sins that Bruce himself is committing. Is his war on crime actually helping things, or is he simply stoking the flame?

Heck, maybe a certain unseen Arkham Asylum inmate was also involved in Harvey’s downfall. A sequel can include flashbacks/dialogue to flesh out this cinematic universe’s shared histories.

Maybe Harv’s physical transformation was part of the story in Batman’s Year One.

The partnership between Batman and Gordon is forged through fire after the tragic murder of D.A. Harvey Dent, allowing time for Coulson to assume the office in time for The Batman.

When Two-Face appears in a sequel, he’s the literal personification of Batman’s failures and the negative affect he was having on the city of Gotham before his realizations at the end of The Batman. It’s no longer just the sins of the father, but the sins that Bruce himself is committing. Is his war on crime actually helping things, or is he simply stoking the flame?

Heck, maybe a certain unseen Arkham Asylum inmate was also involved in Harvey’s downfall. A sequel can include flashbacks/dialogue to flesh out this cinematic universe’s shared histories.
Nope, the Maroni case which happened before Batman's time is what led to Colson becoming DA. It is stated several times in the movie that the Maroni bust is what allowed Falcone to out his corrupt puppets in power. They all worked on the case and it made their careers.

This might sound sacrilegious for me to say, but maybe- just maybe... we don't need Harvey Dent or Two-Face in this universe?

I love the character and there are a multitude of great actors out there that could step in and play the character right now. But if household villains like Penguin and Riddler were able to storm an absence during the Nolan trilogy, I think the same can be said for Two-Face as well.

As it stands, the timeline just doesn't work in the favor of Harvey having already come and gone as Gotham's D.A. and I really think the sequel would run the risk of feeling too repetitive to TDK if we start from the ground up in one film to establish Harvey as the new D.A. and then show his descent into Two-Face all over again.

Nope, the Maroni case which happened before Batman's time is what led to Colson becoming DA. It is stated several times in the movie that the Maroni bust is what allowed Falcone to out his corrupt puppets in power. They all worked on the case and it made their careers.

Fair. Harvey could still be involved. Coulson is the assistant district attorney who snuck acid into the court room or a bomb into the DA's office, thusly removing Dent & allowing Coulson the opportunity to take lead on the Maroni case and assume office.

Just spitballing here-- I tend to not want to see Dent in this universe anyway. Especially since Joker has taken on the heavy-scarring motif.

I definitely think if they do Two Face, they'd have to do something different with him than being " The White Knight Savior" archetype that Nolan went for in TDK.

Mayor Real pretty much filled that role as the idealistic politician who wants to bring change to Gotham.

At the same time, I don't know if the " Bruce's best friend" model would really work with this version of Pattinsons Bruce.
His doesn't seem to have any friends.
He's isolated and reclusive as opposed to the out- and -about sociable Bruce Wayne of the Kilmer through Affleck versions of Bruce Wayne.

I don't see this guy being having a best bud or friend outside of this Selina, who really understands him, and gets him, in spite of all of his issues.

Now, I could see Harvey as this Batman's ally working with Gordon and being a "fellow solider in the foxhole".

But other than that, it'd find it hard to believe the guy Bruce is now would even allow himself to be that vulnerable outside a of a few people.

I think they'd have to do something very different, and that probably would be what most fans tend to prefer in terms of following the comics, TDK, and BTAS.

Just saw Belfast the other night and now I'm obsessed with the idea of Jamie Dornan as Harvey/Two Face. The 50 shades movies are kind of what Twilight is to Pattinson I guess but he's a great actor with the needed darkness to him to pull that off.

Do you think Dent's exit and potential scarring made the way for Colson or Colson's death will make Dent the new D.A?

My choices for Harv right now are Jonathan Majors if he is race swapped and Chris Abbott @shauner111 's boy

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"