Hbo's CURB YOUR ENTHUSIASM: SEASON 8

Steve Buscemi this week, Matt Berry next week.

Oh boy are we blessed.

Having Steve Buscemi & Conan on this week's episode was so good.

Larry chasing Leon around in the backyard made me cackle.

Curb Your Enthusiasm ending feels like the end of a particular era for HBO and it's going to be strange to not have it on anymore. This show's been on the air since 2000- other shows like The Wire, The Sopranos, and even Band of Brothers weren't very far into their runs at the same time, and this series aired right alongside them. Sure, we still have comedies like The Righteous Gemstones, but not having sardonic Larry David on our screens every Sunday night after today will be a somber feeling.

Curb Your Enthusiasm ending feels like the end of a particular era for HBO and it's going to be strange to not have it on anymore. This show's been on the air since 2000- other shows like The Wire, The Sopranos, and even Band of Brothers weren't very far into their runs at the same time, and this series aired right alongside them. Sure, we still have comedies like The Righteous Gemstones, but not having sardonic Larry David on our screens every Sunday night after today will be a somber feeling.
It is an end of an era but I think the only reason why I don't feel as profoundly about it is because it did sort of feel like the show ended after season 8 when it took that long hiatus and everything from season 9-now almost felt like it was a revival series.

I hope the last episode is an hour long, at least. I know some of the episodes this season have been 40 or so minutes, but the last one should be even longer.

I hope the last episode is an hour long, at least. I know some of the episodes this season have been 40 or so minutes, but the last one should be even longer.
I believe it is an hour, looking at HBO's schedule. Though this being the final episode, it could go over. And after watching, I quite enjoyed that. It ended in a way that only Curb could, but obviously was going to have parallels to Seinfeld's finale. Sad to see it go, but glad for the laughs it's given us after all these years.

Last edited:
I was so sure that
Allison Janney was going to end up capping Larry after that remark Lewis made.

dean-norris.gif

I like when conservatives spend 100% of their time making heinous accusations about everyone on the left and then, at the end of it all, are like “Wait, why doesn’t that lib wanna be my friend??”

The finale was a perfect farewell to the series and I loved the meta Seinfeld references.

It’s funny to watch clips of the older seasons when Larry would seem so alarmed around Susie’s outbursts and then the last handful of seasons when he doesn’t hesitate to go at it with her. I’m not sure I’m up for a full series re-watch, but I’m curious when that shift occurred.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"