Hbo's CURB YOUR ENTHUSIASM: SEASON 8

Jack Nicholson in CyE would be *chefskiss

I love that the news drought brought about by the strikes has gotten so severe that Deadline is repeating this old ass story like it’s some kind of revelation.

Prediction: First episode of the new season…

Larry: “God, I can’t believe Jeff and Cheryl both died in freak accidents like that. What a shame.”
Susie: “What the ****??”
Larry: “What??”
Susie: “You don’t say ‘what a shame’ when you actually think it’s actually a shame. You say ‘what a shame’ when you don’t give a ****! You don’t give a **** that they’re dead??”
Larry: “… ehh.”

FINAL??? *cue Larry fainting gif I’m too lazy to look for*

It was already strange not having Veep and Silicon Valley around when they ended, but now Curb will also be bowing out?

Well, at least we still have The Righteous Gemstones for the time being.

FINAL??? *cue Larry fainting gif I’m too lazy to look for*

be-back-will-you.gif

I'm gonna catch heat for this but I'm fine with it ending. Let Larry go out on top rather than letting it drag out. Honestly if it weren't for the long hiatus between seasons 8 and 9 the show probably would have ended a while ago anyway.

The bigger issue is HBO being severely crippled in the comedy department now that this is ending.

I mean, yeah. With 80 being just around the corner for LD, it’s fair enough to call it quits now. No one expected him to do this for forever.

But… it would’ve been fun to see him try.

I'm gonna catch heat for this but I'm fine with it ending. Let Larry go out on top rather than letting it drag out. Honestly if it weren't for the long hiatus between seasons 8 and 9 the show probably would have ended a while ago anyway.

The bigger issue is HBO being severely crippled in the comedy department now that this is ending.

Nah I agree man. Better for him to go out on top now. I’m very much fine with this being the final season. It’s been such a great run and I can’t wait to see what they have in store for us.

This won't happen, but if the finale doesn't stick the landing (and I have no reason to think it will be bad), I would find it funny if, in a year or so, Curb came back to do a 'reunion' within an episode like they did with Seinfeld. I just found it funny in that season where the entire Seinfeld cast kept talking about making up for the finale, but Larry's the only one who went "There's nothing to make up for!"

This won't happen, but if the finale doesn't stick the landing (and I have no reason to think it will be bad), I would find it funny if, in a year or so, Curb came back to do a 'reunion' within an episode like they did with Seinfeld. I just found it funny in that season where the entire Seinfeld cast kept talking about making up for the finale, but Larry's the only one who went "There's nothing to make up for!"

Seinfeld is my all time favorite sitcom and I remember watching the finale when it aired, and I honestly have no problem with it. How do you really end a show like that? I dunno but what it did worked for me so I’m with Larry haha.

Funny to see Tracey Ullman sticking around, at least for a time. I figured the holocaust shoes would’ve burned that bridge permanently.

Would be extremely on-brand for Larry to officially get himself cancelled for choking out a puppet.

We’re almost back, y’all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"