HBO's THE WIRE:The Final Season.

I'm actually up to the third season. Excellent. Seeing everything from the point of view of the cops, hoods, politicians, the docks really enhances the story. The hard hitting part of the story for me is seeing decent people involved in the various crime organizations fall or fail to escape.

Jimmy McNulty and Lester Freamon are my guys.

I just watched seasons 1-5 took me about 3 weeks but it was an amazing run.

Such an amazing show I'm still reeling from the death of Wallace and D'Angelo.

Things were better off with Avon at least he had a code, Marlo kills just to kill.

I can't believe I was saddened by Bodie's death then remembered what he ad Poot did to Wallace.

I think season 4 was my favorite, each of the kids' story arcs are amazing, tragic, hopeful, theres an emotion there for everyone.

But I loved the ending, I loved what happened to all our main characters in the end. I loved that it ended on a shot of Baltimore. Baltimore was its own character on the show, each season highlighting a different aspect of the city.

This was a great show that goes up there with "The Shield". I really do miss it. And I thought the finale was just as satisfying as "The Shield" finale. One of the things I liked about the finale was when the Tristan Wilds' character (I forgot the name) was basically taking over from where the Omar character had left off. And that was kind of the theme of the show: a constant cycle, life keeps going on.

Seasons 1 and 2 are my favorites but don't get me wrong, I like the entire series. And as another person had said, Baltimore was a character itself. I lived not too far away from Baltimore and I know what its like and know the whole vibe of the city. It was like watching a documentary. I hope Hollywood continues to make shows like this that takes place in Baltimore and the Washington,D.C. area. Its very refreshing to see places that are not New York or Los Angeles every once in awhile.

Finished Season 3. Excellently written, and although I'm sad at some developments--mainly certain character's departures--I understand why it happened. This show just doesn't seem the same each season. It progresses and changes the focus. I rarely see that in the shows watch.

Apparently the creators got a lot of angry letters when that certain character "departed." I can understand why. Up until that point, the show without that character seemed almost inconceivable.

Apparently the creators got a lot of angry letters when that certain character "departed." I can understand why. Up until that point, the show without that character seemed almost inconceivable.

I take it your talking about
Stringer Bell

Naturally.

I was just watching a documentary on the Season 5 disc, [BLACKOUT]and they said they made "I did not kill Stringer Bell" t-shirts because of the amount of mail they got.[/BLACKOUT]:woot:

Finally finished watching the final season.

The Series Finale...was incredible.

I just read an article, from about the time the series finale aired, written by David Simon on the story everyone missed that was in the show. A critque, if you will, that kinda went unnoticed. I admit, even I missed it.

Anyone know what I'm talking about?

They should make a movie of this. Wish the series never ended it was great.

Great series. I enjoy watching it ONDEMAND.

Marlo/Stringer/Da Bunk/McNulty/Freemon/Omar/Maj.Colvin..all GREAT characters. It's a crime that this show never won any emmy awards, or whatnot.

My only gripe with the finale is that Templeton (the reporter that was making things up about the homeless killings) got away with it and won a Pulitzer. :cmad:

Last edited:
Well Golgo-13, like the reporter, in this world alot of criminals get away with things. But what oges around comes around. Maybe he would get his in the future.

And yes show was great man amazing. It is a crime it did not get any emmies but this is the new age of hollywood we talking about. Barely do great things get the things they deserve.

I just wish they would of had more seasons. They could of started with a new era of Micheal and them doing their thing and the old guys riding off into the sunset.

I kinda like the way it ended, plus it ended on a high note and covered all the major avenues of our society; politics, the media, the school system, Law Enforcement. The moral of the story was that whenever someone setps down, or dies there's someone just like them to take the other persons place ie Michael/Omar or Duke becoming the dope fiend after Bubs finally kicked the habit, etc....

..... i know the reporter is gonna get his eventually i would have just liked to see it.

It would have been cool, however, seeing Marlo becoming a seasoned business man.

I am on episode 3 of season 1 right now. I have a long way to go.

I only watched parts of 5 and 6 and I Dukie broke my heart. :( OMG the final scene of the series made me so sad.

I kinda like the way it ended, plus it ended on a high note and covered all the major avenues of our society; politics, the media, the school system, Law Enforcement. The moral of the story was that whenever someone setps down, or dies there's someone just like them to take the other persons place ie Michael/Omar or Duke becoming the dope fiend after Bubs finally kicked the habit, etc....

..... i know the reporter is gonna get his eventually i would have just liked to see it.

It would have been cool, however, seeing Marlo becoming a seasoned business man.

Like a corproate corrupt buisnessman? I like to see him as a gangster having a larger gang, making even more money.

I dunno, I saw Marlo...and I enjoyed seeing that he doesn't feel comfortable with the new "tribe".

And yeah, after reading what Simon had said...something nobody seemed to notice, was that the newspaper in the show...missed every single major story. Every single one. They went either unnoticed or uncovered dispite being out in the open.

I was even more surprised when David Simon claimed that it pretty much happened that same way in the past couple of years in Baltimore.

Well can you blame MArlo, no one feared him anymore, he was not the king of Baltimore anymore.

[/B]

Like a corproate corrupt buisnessman? I like to see him as a gangster having a larger gang, making even more money.

Kinda like what Stringer Bell was getting into; land developement. He was warned never to step back into the drug scene again, so he got a free pass for that, but he walked away from it as a millionaire after selling the connect to the Greeks to the rest of the co-op, so he's paid. I'd really like to see what becomes of him...

Oh, the cop Freemon ends up with the stripper that heped them bring down Barksdale in season 1,by wearing a wire..i think. My friend didn't recognize her.

Shardene wasn't a cop. They were shown starting a relationship in the first season.

Also, obviously, love The Wire. Favourite television show.

Kinda like what Stringer Bell was getting into; land developement. He was warned never to step back into the drug scene again, so he got a free pass for that, but he walked away from it as a millionaire after selling the connect to the Greeks to the rest of the co-op, so he's paid. I'd really like to see what becomes of him...

Oh, the cop Freemon ends up with the stripper that heped them bring down Barksdale in season 1,by wearing a wire..i think. My friend didn't recognize her.

Marlo proably became another Stringer Bell.

They started showing it on terrestrial tv here a while ago in Britain.
It seems odd that this show gets shoved on channel 2 at obscure times while tons of utter rubbish gets shown during the prime-time. I guess people enjoy having low standards or something, that or it's got alot of black people (the racists!).

Could just be a demographic thing.

I know this show spoke to me, strongly. Because I've seen places like this. I've lived in places like this. So, I saw nothing but truth in alot of the things being dipicted in this series.

I just wonder what it must be like, for...someone, somewhere...who thinks this show is making it all up, you know?

Aside from that, though, the storytelling is top notch. Cannot get any better in the storytelling department, and characterizations of everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"