Heinz 57.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well,..
I'm thinking at this point that when I see a couple more serious suggestions for an alternate name,.. I'll put it up for a vote and have the Mods change such a confusing, mis-leading, socially inaccurate,(to some), thread title to something fewer people will have issue with.

Peace.

To some? Really? Who, besides you, "got" your thread title?

A poll should ensue.

To some? Really? Who, besides you, "got" your thread title?

A poll should ensue.
I would think that the ones who didn't ask the question,.. but instead contributed to the thread already knew.

I feel that there is an arrogance at play on the board here.

I would be embarrassed into doing more research if i stepped up making too much noise on not understanding a reference.

But others here would rather just expose themselves by making more of it than it is - A title for a thread that before it reached post #10 was up for adjustment or renaming.

Any short phrase or sentence that makes absolutely no sense to me - Is just a google away.

Too bad I'm in the minority on this.

Peace.

I would be embarrassed into doing more research if i stepped up making too much noise on not understanding a reference.

You stated that you came up with the thread title because of "one" of your white friends who coined the phrase which was reinforced by their mother? :huh:

So what sort of research besides your one friend would further that "heinz 57" has anything to do with white culture? :huh: x 1,000

I would think that the ones who didn't ask the question,.. but instead contributed to the thread already knew.

But others here would rather just expose themselves by making more of it than it is - A title for a thread that before it reached post #10 was up for adjustment or renaming.

Any short phrase or sentence that makes absolutely no sense to me - Is just a google away.

Peace.

Seriously, this martyr complex you have is annoying.

You stated that you came up with the thread title because of "one" of your white friends who coined the phrase which was reinforced by their mother? :huh:

So what sort of research besides your one friend would further that "heinz 57" has anything to do with white culture? :huh: x 1,000

I accept that you mis-read and misunderstood my last post to someone else.

What was said:

Translation:
There are those on this board who when faced with a word or reference outside their experience act silly instead of asking politely what was meant.
In the worst cases,.. they deny the verity of the words or statement and try to put it on the user as being "made up", "not true" or "ill used."

I would feel stupid if I asked for a definition in an abrasive manner, then found out that there were multiple sources available that explained it in detail.

IN MY CASE If I come across a word or phrase I didn't recognize, I look it up before saying anything.

it is unfortunate that too many others can't do the same.

END OF TRANSLATION.

Now I've been quietly reading along the silliness here where people have said many things about what I must mean on every facet of the thread I started.

Since I am long out of grade school and I was not addresed directly in each case, I classed all such comments to be juvenile in nature and moved on.

Any inferences in regards to what I intended were treated in the same manner.

I have no urge to get overly excited over a bunch of folk who act as though their comprehension rests around their ankles. If I feel anything it's a mild sadness at the amount of time wasted by people who act as though they are w/o a clue.

In your case, frankly I'm surprised you didn't restart your thread now that you know the MODS have reversed their decision.

No one expects you to put as much work into it as before,.... unless you do like I did with the Squirrel Girl thread and copy stuff you don't want to lose.

I have all the pictures, every post Slott and Zoken Made, and the story ideas generated by all who took her seriously.

I expect that if you do restart it,.. (based on what I've read here about it.), that it will be treated with more respect.

Peace.

In OPEN honesty:

I was at a loss for a Thread title that wouldn't offend SOMEONE.

Then I remembered two friends of mine who bragged that they were not irish,british,dutch,italian,greek,polish,or german,... but all that stuff was in there somewhere. One said that if you had to call him anything,.. let it be "Heinz 57."

His Mom had told him that when he had asked about his family.

If you have a better Title,.. suggest,.. we'll start your thread and have the Mods Blend this thread to that one.

Peace.
:huh:

Seriously, this martyr complex you have is annoying.

And your poor attempts to stir something up are amusing.

read yourself as you tell me everything about myself like you have a clue and understand why it's not working.

I'm not feeling your pain in regards to this thread.

Try to get agrip.:dry:

In your case, frankly I'm surprised you didn't restart your thread now that you know the MODS have reversed their decision.

No one expects you to put as much work into it as before,.... unless you do like I did with the Squirrel Girl thread and copy stuff you don't want to lose.

I have all the pictures, every post Slott and Zoken Made, and the story ideas generated by all who took her seriously.

I expect that if you do restart it,.. (based on what I've read here about it.), that it will be treated with more respect.

Peace.

While I may be part white, I do not feel it's my place to recreate another white thread. If you feel so vehemently about having someone restart this thread, why don't YOU pm a moderator to close this and inform him that someone more suited to post this thread do so. :huh:

Let's call it, "white people are #1!!"

Kind, Knowledgeable, Kinky - The Caucasian Experience

I feel there is some sort of subtext to your message.

We just need to rename it "Wonder Bread - The White Extravaganza"

White-apalooza!

And your poor attempts to stir something up are amusing.

read yourself as you tell me everything about myself like you have a clue and understand why it's not working.

I'm not feeling your pain in regards to this thread.

Try to get agrip.:dry:

:huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:

Lets be clear:

You are saying that because I used the title Heinz 57, that I did it w/o knowing what it meant?

And by the fact that I first heard if from a guy who got it from his mom that I put it as a title to represent ALL white people?

Interesting.:whatever:

I must immediately go to every thread that I frequent that I have an interest in that does not exactly satisfy what I believe it should be called and demand the name be changed.

Your logic falls apart by just looking at the Slo Glo Experience thread.

I've never had a Gerri Curl,.. but understood the reference. I am wise enough to understand that "Slo Glo Experience" as a title is not meant to represent the entirety of Blacks, African Americans, or Minorities.

For some strange reason,.. YOU have decided what I meant by the name based on where I got it instead of asking me.

Since there are a multitude of definitions including many that clearly explain in in ref to what I meant,.. I'm not going to post them here.

Peace.

Lets be clear:

You are saying that because I used the title Heinz 57, that I did it w/o knowing what it meant?

And by the fact that I first heard if from a guy who got it from his mom that I put it as a title to represent ALL white people?

Interesting.:whatever:

I must immediately go to every thread that I frequent that I have an interest in that does not exactly satisfy what I believe it should be called and demand the name be changed.

Your logic falls apart by just looking at the Slo Glo Experience thread.

I've never had a Gerri Curl,.. but understood the reference. I am wise enough to understand that "Slo Glo Experience" as a title is not meant to represent the entirety of Blacks, African Americans, or Minorities.

For some strange reason,.. YOU have decided what I meant by the name based on where I got it instead of asking me.

Since there are a multitude of definitions including many that clearly explain in in ref to what I meant,.. I'm not going to post them here.

Peace.
Uh, it's your own post, why shouldn't it be taken as what you meant?

Saying white people can't dance or have no rhythm is a common stereotype that is well known by most people.

Stating something you heard from ONE white person and using that as a common stereotype is what I questioned.

The black people thread is a celebration of their culture, the white people thread is a bunch of people making jokes and fussing at some dude.

Huh.

While I may be part white, I do not feel it's my place to recreate another white thread. If you feel so vehemently about having someone restart this thread, why don't YOU pm a moderator to close this and inform him that someone more suited to post this thread do so. :huh:

:huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:

Didn't you do an asian thread?

On what you just said:

It is not required by me to first close this thread before "someone more suited" can post one like it.

Scary.

Why exactly must "I" PM a moderator to close this thread?

And please speak plainly - (chuckle) "More suited?"

Peace.

Let's reverse the roles.

If there was only a caucasian thread and a black person complained that it shouldn't exist unless other ethnic based threads were available...would it be right if one of the white purveyors of the white-centric thread created the thread for black people? Naming it some obscure term that he heard from one of his black friends? Something like Worcestershire Sauce...and put in it things that HE, as a white guy, felt black people could relate to?

Do you think that would sit well?

Uh, it's your own post, why shouldn't it be taken as what you meant?

Saying white people can't dance or have no rhythm is a common stereotype that is well known by most people.

Stating something you heard from ONE white person and using that as a common stereotype is what I questioned.

You're just going to keep missing the point huh?

Did you even read that post?

Interesting how this works.

Peace.

:huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:

Didn't you do an asian thread?

On what you just said:

It is not required by me to first close this thread before "someone more suited" can post one like it.

Scary.

Why exactly must "I" PM a moderator to close this thread?

And please speak plainly - (chuckle) "More suited?"

Peace.
Because only the creator of the thread can request it to be closed?

And obviously someone who doesn't have an agenda or trying to prove a point?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"