• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Justice League Henry Cavill IS Clark Kent/Superman - - - - - - - - Part 17

Status
Not open for further replies.
He shakes his head, looks down a lot, isn't very animated and doesn't gesticulate like someone who's stoked would do. He's also more monotone than you would expect. Also that expression he makes right as he says "I would love to make another Superman movie" seems like that of someone who is by no means certain of the outcome of things. Yeah I see it too.

@Heatvision grade me on my body language reading, senpai :o ;)

As soon as the interviewer brings up Superman, he looks like he's bracing himself, and preparing to come up with a measured response.

I'm a therapist. So I have to not just hear the words, but also pay attention to body language, tone of voice, facial expressions, etc. That's not to say that I am always paying attention to that outside of when I'm at my office because it's nice to shut that part of my brain off at times, but there are certainly times when something jumps out at me. In this video, I noticed subtle hesitations on Henry's part, even as he was listening to the question, it seemed to me, at least, that there was some discomfort on Henry's part. I sensed a tiny bit of frustration on his part (either because things aren't going the way he wants them to or he just don't know yet what WB's plan is). On the other hand, when he talks about Superman, you can see the passion he has for the character.

I don't want to claim that I am certain because that would be arrogant, but it is what I noticed and felt as I watched the clip.

Thanks for your educated opinion. Btw are you on twitter?

On twitter there's an interview from the MI6 press junket, Henry says he thinks a great villain would be Brainiac. Said he'd be a good villain to play against. Interviewer also asked if he would like to play evil Superman. He said he rather play a classic comics Supes before playing evil.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry whenever I realize that this is not the first but second time that we have had to go through this period of uncertainty when it came to both the status of Superman's franchise and if the actor was still attached to the role.

We DC fans have been in a state of uncertainty since summer 2013. Nothings changed. Lol

According to Grace, Cavill ain't as nice of a guy as he seems and has made enemies in the DCEU and at WB. That it's not his agent that's demanding like 50 million or whatever ridiculous sum, it's actually him consigning that request.

Honestly, until we get concrete info, supported by hard facts, from several reliable and proven sources, I'm not going to jump the gun on who's fault this is.

Plus groundless rumors and gossip can do more harm than the actual truth nowadays.

I'm a therapist. So I have to not just hear the words, but also pay attention to body language, tone of voice, facial expressions, etc. That's not to say that I am always paying attention to that outside of when I'm at my office because it's nice to shut that part of my brain off at times, but there are certainly times when something jumps out at me. In this video, I noticed subtle hesitations on Henry's part, even as he was listening to the question, it seemed to me, at least, that there was some discomfort on Henry's part. I sensed a tiny bit of frustration on his part (either because things aren't going the way he wants them to or he just don't know yet what WB's plan is). On the other hand, when he talks about Superman, you can see the passion he has for the character.

I don't want to claim that I am certain because that would be arrogant, but it is what I noticed and felt as I watched the clip.

I see the same thing actually. His body language is totally different than the Collider Interview just some month ago. He seems frustrated for sure and when he lights up when start talking about the character, he stops himself and says "I'll just stop there.." so yeah he doesn't seem to be as excited as usual. If we don't hear anything concrete soon it might be over, fam. And that's coming from an eternal optimist. I would love to rejoice but as of now, I really don't feel all that confident as I use to be.

Thanks for your educated opinion. Btw are you on twitter?

No. I recently signed up for twitter just so I could check out some of Jay Oliva's tweets, but in general, I find that all I need to know from twitter, I found out anyway (from you guys, or from the sports sites I go to). I grew up slightly before Twitter was a thing.

He shakes his head, looks down a lot, isn't very animated and doesn't gesticulate like someone who's stoked would do. He's also more monotone than you would expect. Also that expression he makes right as he says "I would love to make another Superman movie" seems like that of someone who is by no means certain of the outcome of things. Yeah I see it too.

@Heatvision grade me on my body language reading, senpai :o ;)

Excellent job, GB! You were more specific that I was.

Interesting thing, if you watch the first 30 seconds of that clip and turn the sound off, and pretended to know nothing of what the discussion was, how would you characterize Henry's mood? Doing this, you might see a shift in his facial expressions and level of animation at around 35 seconds and even moreso at 42 seconds in. Then go back and listen to what he's talking about and you see that he's talking about the character of Superman itself.

According to Grace, Cavill ain't as nice of a guy as he seems and has made enemies in the DCEU and at WB. That it's not his agent that's demanding like 50 million or whatever ridiculous sum, it's actually him consigning that request.

Yeah, cos she's an angel isn't she.

On twitter there's an interview from the MI6 press junket, Henry says he thinks a great villain would be Brainiac. Said he'd be a good villain to play against. Interviewer also asked if he would like to play evil Superman. He said he rather play a classic comics Supes before playing evil.

I like Brainiac as the next villain as well.

Call it Man of Tomorrow, though I would understand if they want to change the branding and just have Superman in the title, though it could be Superman: Man of Tomorrow.

Would Man of Tomorrow relate to Superman or Brainiac? Deep thoughts by Jack Handy.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry whenever I realize that this is not the first but second time that we have had to go through this period of uncertainty when it came to both the status of Superman's franchise and if the actor was still attached to the role.

This to me would be tougher than post Superman Returns because we actually have a cinematic universe. Having said that, we really have no idea what's happening with Cavill or WB's plan for the character, so we can only :supes: that good things are on the horizon.

Didn't she get most of it right? Other than Katana? And she knew the news would break. That the big DC news was going to be BOP casting.

Isn't he shading himself, though, too? He's saying Cavill "still" hasn't been used to his full potential, and that's AFTER working with him. Sounds to me that he just thinks Cavill is a talented guy who can do a range of things, and that the projects he's done, including MI6, don't always allow him to show all of that off, but that each new project might show a different side of him, like MI6 seems poised to do.

Thought he's throwing shades at WB for not giving Henry the opportunity to expand his potential for Superman...hence the "still hasn't" part.

Oh, Lordy.

If a guy came across as this nice and polite this consistently, but was really a jerk behind the scenes, it would probably be brought to light. We'd get at least some rumors or hints of it, especially nowadays. It's hard to hide something like that completely. The way his costars talk about him, the way Amy Adams talks about him, etc, etc. It's like with Snyder, all we ever hear are nice things about him from those who work with him. I am not claiming Cavill is an angel as he is human, after all, but Grace would really need to back this claim up.

Didn't she get most of it right? Other than Katana? And she knew the news would break. That the big DC news was going to be BOP casting.

I could have done an exclusive after reading those bloggers exchange words for a few days lol.

I would have gone for Harley, Oracle, Black Canary and Huntress, and Black Mask or Penguin as the villain.

Pretty close.

She said that BoP stole it's plot from SS2. IGN says that SS2 is starting in October. If this is true, maybe she got them mixed up and the Shiva/Cains this is the plot of SS2. Harley and Cassandra meet in that and move on to BoP. I doubt it, but we'll find out soon enough.

Last edited:
SS2 got new writers (the Gotham actor) so ya some things changed.

Prob means SS2 is NOT cancelled

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"