Justice League Henry Cavill IS Clark Kent/Superman - - - - - - - - - - Part 19

Have Correnswet be the Superman next to Pattison's Batman. Bring him in New52 style. Create a multiverse moment where Henry's last Superman appearence (all grey; Kingdom Come-style) comes into their world through the multiverse to warn them that he once fought Batman on his world and that the two are not to be enemies and the two should work together as the Worlds Finest.

MIC ****ING DROP.

upload_2020-5-30_11-50-56.gif

Lucasfilm sitting back and letting Abrams and co handle Star Wars was a disaster

WB needs a plan

Abrams wasn't a disaster. He brought back the Mission Impossible series which had stalled, brought back Star Trek with the biggest box office it ever had even adjusted for inflation, and helped wipe away the stigma of the Star Wars pre-equals by getting the new series off the ground with Force Awakens.

Abrams wasn't a disaster. He brought back the Mission Impossible series which had stalled, brought back Star Trek with the biggest box office it ever had even adjusted for inflation, and helped wipe away the stigma of the Star Wars pre-equals by getting the new series off the ground with Force Awakens.
And then Into Darkness and Rise of Skywalker happened. And he definitely didn't have studio interference with the former.

Fair enough. I just still don't think he'd make a great Superman movie.

Fair enough. I just still don't think he'd make a great Superman movie.

I respect that. There's no guarantee he would. He's my first choice but I'm certainly open to others.

I remember when J.A. Bayona expressed interest in doing a Superman movie. I was all for it (and still am, to some extent), but I'm a little apprehensive after Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom (though the main flaw of that movie was the stupid writing).

Have Correnswet be the Superman next to Pattison's Batman. Bring him in New52 style. Create a multiverse moment where Henry's last Superman appearence (all grey; Kingdom Come-style) comes into their world through the multiverse to warn them that he once fought Batman on his world and that the two are not to be enemies and the two should work together as the Worlds Finest.

MIC ****ING DROP.
My favorite thing about this is that I could totally see Abrams doing this, as it’s not dissimilar to what he did with the Star Trek alternate timelines.

My favorite thing about this is that I could totally see Abrams doing this, as it’s not dissimilar to what he did with the Star Trek alternate timelines.

Henry:

Snyder Cut
Black Adam
Shazam!
Flashpoint
Man of Steel 2

--------------

Correnswet:
The Batman 2 (Henry cameo)
Superman: Rebirth (Henry's sendoff)

Pattison/Corenswet:
Worlds Finest

Henry:

Snyder Cut
Black Adam
Shazam!
Flashpoint
Man of Steel 2

--------------

Correnswet:

Pattison/Corenswet:
Worlds Finest
upload_2020-5-30_12-22-11.gif

2 of those franchises are dead theatrically

I'm not against JJ doing Superman. I'm against WB letting him do whatever he wants with him. WB needs a plan. This directionless approach is why their movies are either underperforming or flopping

Henry:

Snyder Cut
Black Adam
Shazam!
Flashpoint
Man of Steel 2

--------------

Correnswet:

Pattison/Corenswet:
Worlds Finest
If Cavill has to be in the equation, then this looks to be good best of both worlds scenario.

But we're also looking at delaying the new Supes for at least 6-7 years while Battinson takes off. Rob could potentially be on his way out by then. We're in a very unique position that a Batman helmer and (potentially) a Superman, are great friends and creative partners. Even if it's just isolated to Bats and Supes, that's a wonderful playground to be in. I'd rather they get to work on this new direction now.

JJ directing a Superman film is a boring safe choice, but one that makes sense. One that makes sense for Henry's Superman too. JJ would most likely delivered an over all well liked film, which the character really needs. I also feel it would be easier to bring back the likes of Amy Adams with him on board too. Eh, I hope it happens.

If Cavill has to be in the equation, then this looks to be good best of both worlds scenario.

But we're also looking at delaying the new Supes for at least 6-7 years while Battinson takes off. Rob could potentially be on his way out by then. We're in a very unique position that a Batman helmer and (potentially) a Superman, are great friends and creative partners. Even if it's just isolated to Bats and Supes, that's a wonderful playground to be in. I'd rather they get to work on this new direction now.

Best of all worlds. Everyone is happy and what DC is known for is the Multiverse. That's their bread and butter, even though the MCU will beat them to it, it's still DC's thing that they can take advantage of. It's sorely their identity when it comes to universes.

Now the one major factor is Matt Reeves. There's every chance that his take on Batman could be a closed world scenerio where only his Batman exists where he doesn't want to do teammup films. The Pattison series of films can be a 3 and done scenerio.

Also, you bald supe fans better hope Henry's SUperman appears in Shazam and not Black Adam. The Rock famously put in his FF contracts that he can't get beat up. He would use Henry's Superman as a rag doll.

:o

JJ directing a Superman film is a boring safe choice, but one that makes sense. One that makes sense for Henry's Superman too. JJ would most likely delivered an over all well liked film, which the character really needs. I also feel it would be easier to bring back the liked of Amy Adams with him on board too. Eh, I hope it happens.

Honestly, it's so on the nose and logical that it hurts. I mean, it's right there. Not being able to make this work for all parties would show the incompetence. JJ is a perfect softboot for Henry and Superman's DCEU world. I agree whole heartedly with a poster who said it's a Hemmsworth/Thor type scenario. The MCU softbooted Thor right under the fans' nose right out in the open and rejuvenated the character to where he needed to be. Was it perfection? No, but it was right. JJ can achieve the same results with Superman. It makes all the logical sense in the world for the direction to go in.

With that comes worry because it's so obvious that it's bound to be messed up. Crossing fingers.

Best of all worlds. Everyone is happy and what DC is known for is the Multiverse. That's their bread and butter, even though the MCU will beat them to it, it's still DC's thing that they can take advantage of. It's sorely their identity when it comes to universes.

Now the one major factor is Matt Reeves. There's every chance that his take on Batman could be a closed world scenerio where only his Batman exists where he doesn't want to do teammup films. The Pattison series of films can be a 3 and done scenerio.
I think Matt is more likely to play along with JJ/Supes, then he is with the rest of the DCEU. So I'm fine with that actually.

If we were talking about anyone else taking on Supes, I'd be right there with you on the doubts. Them being literal childhood friends changes the scenario. I think that possibility of colliding both worlds, isolated from the headaches that is a shared universe, is incredibly enticing for both of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"