Justice League Henry Cavill IS Clark Kent/Superman - - - - - - - - - - Part 19

Even if JJ Abrams doesn't want to direct a Superman movie, I'd be perfectly fine with him as the Producer, provided he continues with Cavill.

Yeah I’d be cool with either director or producer, either way I think it will guarantee it happens

Even if JJ Abrams doesn't want to direct a Superman movie, I'd be perfectly fine with him as the Producer, provided he continues with Cavill.

I'd take him as a a producer too. I still think JJ Abrams wants to do Superman in some capacity. It's his favorite superhero and one he wanted to tackle for years. As late as 2009 he talked about doing it when promoting Star Trek. Now he's at a different stage in his life and career but he didn't rule it out when promoting ROS. The studio paid him huge money and is seemingly encouraging him to return.

In the past he wanted to do a reboot and a fresh approach. Since that has recently been done he might be willing to take over an existing franchise like he did with Mission Impossible and inject new life rather than a full blown reboot. That would benefit Cavill and increase his chance of returning.

The decision might be taking long since Abrams is just coming off Star Wars. Maybe he wants time to breathe before signing on the dotted line and making a commitment.

I'd take him as a a producer too. I still think JJ Abrams wants to do Superman in some capacity. It's his favorite superhero and one he wanted to tackle for years. As late as 2009 he talked about doing it when promoting Star Trek. Now he's at a different stage in his life and career but he didn't rule it out when promoting ROS. The studio paid him huge money and is seemingly encouraging him to return.

In the past he wanted to do a reboot and a fresh approach. Since that has recently been done he might be willing to take over an existing franchise like he did with Mission Impossible and inject new life rather than a full blown reboot. That would benefit Cavill and increase his chance of returning.

The decision might be taking long since Abrams is just coming off Star Wars. Maybe he wants time to breathe before signing on the dotted line and making a commitment.
Cavill is also a Suprman fan who has some ideas to offer, I wonder if Cavill has met JJ, it would be interesting to know what happened if they did talk, I think if Cavill manages to talk to JJ about Superman, it would help to get things moving.

Edit: JJ Abrams was the writer for Superman Flyby(2004) and Cavill was going to be Superman for that movie, so that connection could help the two to start working back again.

Last edited:
Cavill is also a Suprman fan who has some ideas to offer, I wonder if Cavill has met JJ, it would be interesting to know what happened if they did talk, I think if Cavill manages to talk to JJ about Superman, it would help to get things moving.

Yeah. I would encourage Dany Garcia to put Henry in contact with JJ. Maybe that's happened. Maybe it hasn't. But I think she would be wise to arrange them as a tandem. It didn't work with McQuarrie but it would have a much greater chance to succeed with Abrams.

IF JJ is indeed onboard then you can bet the kent farm that he and Cavill sat down and had a long chat about Supeman (via Zoom during the lockdown) and saw eye to eye, because as I said before Henry would not be signing contracts with WB if JJ is involved and was unsure.
I personally will heed Cavill's words, believe nothing and wait and see. I don't believe that WB will announce a Superman solo just yet but I truly believe that things are happening for Cavill and Superman so.....exciting times ahead (one hopes).

Last edited:

I'm sure some or all of you have seen this already, but I was just on Youtube & saw this pop up in my recommended videos. It's a good listen, not just obviously if you're a Henry Cavill or Sir Patrick Stewart fan or a fan of any of the characters they've played, however if it gives you a nice insight into an actors head.

There's also one with Paul Rudd & Chris Evans that I'm going to listen to next & I've just noticed an older 1 with Chris Evans & Scarlett Johansson.

Who was asking about Flyby drafts in here a while back?

I wet through my files and found another draft dated October 24, 2003.

The one that’s available online is from July 26, 2002

Who was asking about Flyby drafts in here a while back?

I wet through my files and found another draft dated October 24, 2003.

The one that’s available online is from July 26, 2002
I was because I use to have the other drafts.

I was because I use to have the other drafts.
The Oct '03 draft is still the 2nd draft, which has been readily available too.

The third draft, which was much closer to what was going to be shot, has never been online.

The Oct '03 draft is still the 2nd draft, which has been readily available too.

The third draft, which was much closer to what was going to be shot, has never been online.

Yeah but it proves I wasn’t going mad when I said I had two drafts lol Seems you can’t find this October 03 draft online anymore Just the 2002 draft.

There was one more but that one wasn’t really available, I think a few people shared it around but that’s it. I don’t think anyone ever had the shooting draft though, they were close to filming it before Singer took the reigns but I don’t think they ever settled on a final draft.

Last edited:
Is the October 03 draft the script Brett Ratner was going to film? The concept art that was released seemed closer to that draft the one than one you guys are talking about, which sounds like the McG script.

Wouldn't have minded if we had gotten a scene like this with Henry's Superman.

Is the October 03 draft the script Brett Ratner was going to film? The concept art that was released seemed closer to that draft the one than one you guys are talking about, which sounds like the McG script.

It’s possible, I can’t remember when McG came back on board.

DcI8.gif

KUH9Ccr.gif

Y8Cn.gif

Wouldn't have minded if we had gotten a scene like this with Henry's Superman.

The idea and scene is cool but, man the suit padding ruins everything, I hope they get new (and better designed) muscle suits for the next movie.

sd2455.gif

Last edited:

I hope J.J Abrams never gets the chance to do a Superman movie. Based on his past work, all the guy can do is rejig elements that the audience is already familiar with and turn them into a satisfying popcorn experience that gets worse the more you think about it.

I hope J.J Abrams never gets the chance to do a Superman movie. Based on his past work, all the guy can do is rejig elements that the audience is already familiar with and turn them into a satisfying popcorn experience that gets worse the more you think about it.
I'll agree with you for the most part although I still love the first Star Trek and Cloverfield.

I agree with you too but I loved his first Star Trek and MI3, and the Force Awakens was solid. When a series has gone wayward, his ability to bring it back to the familiar in a satisfying, polished package is sometimes needed. Remind the general audience “oh yeah, I loved this/that.” For sequels where it needs to go in an original, fresh direction though, his style is all wrong.

Isn't that exactly what Superman needs right now?
The general audience were divisive over Snyder's films - to get Superman back where he belongs, he needs a big audience pleasing blockbuster. Something that is liked by critics and audiences and restores his popularity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"