Justice League Henry Cavill IS Clark Kent/Superman - - - - - - - - - - Part 19

They're paying JJ and his production company half a billion. He's not gonna wait for anything. He'll do what Reeves and Gunn did and reboot

They're paying JJ and his production company half a billion. He's not gonna wait for anything. He'll do what Reeves and Gunn did and reboot

You are absolutely correct about Abrahams not waiting for anything, he'll do what ever the hell he wants.
The person I spoke to told me that he's isn't even sure that Abrahams is doing Superman but he knows for a fact that Abrahams is involved with DC project(s) and emphasis on the plural here. The reason why he isn't sure of Abrahams's involvement is because everything with JJ is - and I quote - "Super-hush" (Super. Hush. Wonder if that was a hint or he was just being clever).
He also told me that Warners have been talking with Henry since the beginning of the year and that, as I told you before, Henry is signed on for 5 films with 2 guest appearances, 2 solos and 1 open option and that there still that one appearance left from his previous contract, which he was unsure if it's still in effect or has been scrubbed all together.

Guys everything right now is up in the air but to go back to what DIAMONDZ said, JJ ain't waiting for anyone, if he is indeed doing superman then he will go on shepherding the project undisturbed and not having to worry about anyone or any project especially a straight to streaming version of WB's biggest superhero flop since GL. Also if JJ is indeed onboard then he wouldn't wait for 10 months to talk to Cavill about it because that would amount to very poor planning and JJ learned his lesson (hopefully) from what happened to starwars due to lack of planning. The very first thing he'd do (before even writing the script) is decide whether his superman will go the Matt Reeves route or be part of the DC collective and if he decides the latter then he'd talk to Cavill and then starts planning actual contents of the story.

Just a few weeks ago Grace was assuring people that Ray had "already won" his fight and effectively ended Geoff Johns' career. Then a week ago ago he gets announced as exec producer on the HBO Max Green Lantern show. Ditto for The Cultured Nerd after the recent "Ryan Reynolds is totally playing Hawkman in Black Adam, guise!" stuff.

I'm not saying the Cavill rumor is not true, but I'm gonna need a more legit source.
But Geoff Johns and Jon Berg are not going to be credited in any way for Zack Snyder's JL (as reported by HR) plus, Geoff Johns is only going to be credited a an Executive Producer, and EP has no power it's just there to collect some money.

So, in effect apart from his involvement in WW84, Shazam, BA, The Flash and CW shows, he's out.

Last edited:
Heard somewhere Johns was downgraded from producer to EP for GL, and if Cavill signed 2 solos this year, and JJ didn’t deny “convincingly” they talked about Superman at the end of last year, and if them meeting up is true, then it’s basically a done deal.

Garcia won’t get HC to sign a deal for JJ to dunk on him lol. Maybe they met first before signing, the timing can get blurry for bloggers often.

I trust thicc Grace’s info on SC related subjects (the man himself chose her channel for an exclusive lol, can’t get more telling than that), but where is Superchan getting his info from lol. Where is DB80

But Goeff Johns and Jon Berg are not going to be credited in any way for Zack Snyder's JL (as reported by HR) plus

That was a foregone conclusion.

Goeff Johns is only going to be credited a an Executive Producer, and EP has no power it's just there to collect some money.

That remains to be seen. If you watch her most recent video on the subject, her claim is that he's much more involved than just having his name in the credits (which of course she complains about while not really mentioning how it contradicts his "He'll never work again for WB or anywhere else in Hollywood). Even Ray's own take on the subject acknowledges this and claims it could have been prevented had the company acted sooner.

So, in effect apart from his involvement in WW84, Shazam, BA, The Flash and CW shows, he's out.

I don't mean to sound mean, but that's saying "So apart from the 7 or 8 projects he's working on, he's not working on any projects."

So either her initial video was jumping the gun or whoever she got the inside info that his career was over and WB would never work with him again was erroneous.

This was also my skepticism over the claim.

I feel that WB are moving away from Geoff Johns, those projects I mentioned in my earlier post were the movie projects he was already working on before the whole Fisher thing exploded.

Though they may keep him for some movie projects like Shazam sequels and CW series, the fact that he's not involved in Aquaman 2 (besides getting EP position), HBO Max's GL Corps and Snyder's JL, makes me think he's not getting same level of importance now.

Last edited:
Again, by Grace's own account per her recent video he does have involvement in Green Lantern Corps and it's not just using his name in the credits. That's her claim, just weeks after triumphantly proclaiming Ray had ended his entire career. And whatever his position is Ray still found it notable enough to comment on.

That's why I find her skeptical. She was either incorrect in her initial assessment or she's incorrect in her update, because the two are incompatible.

There's no such thing as being downgraded to EP in TV

EP's run the show and tell everybody what to do
In television, an executive producer usually supervises the creative content and the financial aspects of a production. In the case of multiple executive producers on a television show, the one outranking the others is called the showrunner, or the leading executive producer

Yeah TV EP isn’t the same as movie EP. They often have a lot more control in TV.

Reactions: MbJ
I trust thicc Grace’s info on SC related subjects (the man himself chose her channel for an exclusive lol, can’t get more telling than that), but where is Superchan getting his info from lol. Where is DB80

As I said before the info came from a person who works at WB (but not in the DC film division) and the info that he heard was 2nd hand, which means "take it with a grain of salt". Still, I trust the guy because he told me back in 2015 that Superman was gonna die in BvS and that the film is a desperate amalgamation of the Death of Superman with the Dark knight returns.

But put all that aside and think of it logically, do you honestly think that if JJ's been on Superman for months and only now did he start talking to Cavill about the project?
Do you honestly think that JJ was told by WB to 'wait and see' how the Snyder cut turns out before he could actually start planning the project?
Do you honestly think that they would let Cavill have a bunch of guest appearances and cameos, get the audience (who are already on board with him as Superman) even more invested and then decide whether to continue with him or not? Say Cavill does those guest appearances and JJ (if he is onboard) says "Nah I think I'll pass", what then? Start from scratch after stupidly reaffirming that Cavill is Superman? Does that make sense?
And finally do you honestly think Cavill, who is at a good point in his career, would be happy with a bunch of cameos since no less than a yr and half ago he was close to starring in his own solo before negotiations between him and the studio broke down?

The info I got from this person is basic, Cavill signed for 5 films and WB seem intent on making Superman solos but want to give him the Spidy MCU treatment i.e. start with crowd pleasing guest appearances and then hit them with the solos.
All that makes sense to me even if it doesn't turn out to be true but bringing in JJ and have him wait for a straight to streaming version of a major flop while signing Cavill to a bunch of cameos and then see how it goes sounds alot like old WB pre-Hamada era DC, in other words CHAOS.

Last edited:
As I said before the info came from a person who works at WB (but not in the DC film division) and the info that he heard was 2nd hand, which means "take it with a grain of salt". Still, I trust the guy because he told me back in 2015 that Superman was gonna die in BvS and that the film is a desperate amalgamation of the Death of Superman with the Dark knight returns.

But put all that aside and think of it logically, do you honestly think that if JJ's been on Superman for months and only now did he start talking to Cavill about the project?
Do you honestly think that JJ was told by WB to 'wait and see' how the Snyder cut turns out before he could actually start planning the project?
Do you honestly think that they would let Cavill have a bunch of guest appearances and cameos, get the audience (who are already on board with him as Superman) even more invested and then decide whether to continue with him or not? Say Cavill does those guest appearances and JJ (if he is onboard) says "Nah I think I'll pass", what then? Start from scratch after stupidly reaffirming that Cavill is Superman? Does that make sense?
And finally do you honestly think Cavill, who is at a good point in his career, would be happy with a bunch of cameos since no less than a yr and half ago he was close to starring in his own solo before negotiations between him and the studio broke down?

The info I got from this person is basic, Cavill signed for 5 films and WB seem intent on making Superman solos but want to give him the Spidy MCU treatment i.e. start with crowd pleasing guest appearances and then hit them with the solos.
All that makes sense to me even if it doesn't turn out to be true but bringing in JJ and have him wait for a straight to streaming version of a major flop while signing Cavill to a bunch of cameos and then see how it goes sounds alot like old WB pre-Hamada era DC, in other words CHAOS.

has your source said anything about JJ’s involvement?

And ya Campea said mid year 2 sources that were correct said it’s gonna be Cavill or very likely him, so having them meeting up (tho could be before decision was made) + HC signing on for any capacity is great news

like you said signing cameos means he’s set for solos because they won’t dump him half way

Definitely, though, I think out of them all, THICC Grace has had the most legit Snyder sources. The Cultural Nerd as well.

THICC Grace's new stuff about Cavill meeting with Abrams lines up to what Campea heard about Henry/Abrams months ago. It also lines up with The Cultural Nerd's Exclusive weeks ago about Henry pitching a Superman story (which was said the studio loved) so whispers are lining up from 3 different scoopers.

I’m still not believing anything until we hear official. Been burned way many times, also think it’s funny Grace gives herself an out in that “scoop”. Her and TCN have patchy records, for everything they’ve got right they’ve got stuff wrong. So for me it’s wait and see.

has your source said anything about JJ’s involvement?

And ya Campea said mid year 2 sources that were correct said it’s gonna be Cavill or very likely him, so having them meeting up (tho could be before decision was made) + HC signing on for any capacity is great news

like you said signing cameos means he’s set for solos because they won’t dump him half way

He said he wasn't sure if JJ was on Superman or not, all he knew was that JJ is doing a a number of projects with DC.

Who's Campea?

I’m still not believing anything until we hear official. Been burned way many times..............

Well done, that's the way to go, believe non of what you hear and just sit back and wait for things to reveal themselves.
Mind you, there is one thing you should absolutely believe: Cavill did NOT sign up for cameos and guest appearances and I don't need a source from WB to tell me that because it makes no sense to sign someone to play a character several times if you are unsure of the direction you want to take the character. This is the kind of asinine s**t that got Warners in hot waters before and with Hamada on board they seemed to have turned a corner. If JJ is indeed on superman then he has already decided almost a year ago that Cavill is his man and that the DCEU Superman is his Superman.

Again, by Grace's own account per her recent video he does have involvement in Green Lantern Corps and it's not just using his name in the credits. That's her claim, just weeks after triumphantly proclaiming Ray had ended his entire career. And whatever his position is Ray still found it notable enough to comment on.

That's why I find her skeptical. She was either incorrect in her initial assessment or she's incorrect in her update, because the two are incompatible.
Well, Grace was clearly wrong in assuming that Ray had ended his entire career, however JL-fiasco has diminished his influence and importance.

As for GL Corps series, we will have to wait for more information, but it looks like he's not going to be as involved as he is in Stargirl.

My gut instinct says to to believe JJ will work on Superman in some capacity and ultimately decide Cavill's fate. Not Henry's manager, or Zack, or even the Rock. Not cameos or the Snydercut. I believe it's totally in JJ's hands. If JJ wants Henry than Henry will be Superman. I'm skeptical that JJ would leave Henry's fate up to how the Snydercut is received. I believe he's already decided if Henry is a part of his vision or not.

One thing I'll say is I believe there is a misconception of the WB offices. Way back when I used to talk to two different people high up at WB, it was very compartmentalized, especially at the lower levels. What one person knew, another did not. Office workers aren't likely at the water cooler discussing Henry's contract. Most of them wouldn't even know. They would be more likely talking about their own paychecks and who is flirting with who at the desk.

I’m still not believing anything until we hear official. Been burned way many times, also think it’s funny Grace gives herself an out in that “scoop”. Her and TCN have patchy records, for everything they’ve got right they’ve got stuff wrong. So for me it’s wait and see.

Yeah, it's really the only approach fans can take. Things can change over night and on the dime. If 2020 taught us anything, is that expect the totally unexpected. It's been a great year for DC fans though. The arrow is pointing up in direction.

Well, Grace was clearly wrong in assuming that Ray had ended his entire career, however JL-fiasco has diminished his influence and importance.

As for GL Corps series, we will have to wait for more information, but it looks like he's not going to be as involved as he is in Stargirl.

Others here already just explained that executive producer is not the demotion in TV some seem to think it is, so again, I'll believe it when I see it. But not as involved as in Stargirl, where he created the main characters and was showrunner (I believe) is not the same thing as a career ending.

He said he wasn't sure if JJ was on Superman or not, all he knew was that JJ is doing a a number of projects with DC.

Who's Campea?

Well done, that's the way to go, believe non of what you hear and just sit back and wait for things to reveal themselves.
Mind you, there is one thing you should absolutely believe: Cavill did NOT sign up for cameos and guest appearances and I don't need a source from WB to tell me that because it makes no sense to sign someone to play a character several times if you are unsure of the direction you want to take the character. This is the kind of asinine s**t that got Warners in hot waters before and with Hamada on board they seemed to have turned a corner. If JJ is indeed on superman then he has already decided almost a year ago that Cavill is his man and that the DCEU Superman is his Superman.

John Campea, a blogger/Youtuber with some (grain of salt) inside info. You could check his Cavill video a few months ago

John Campea, a blogger/Youtuber with some (grain of salt) inside info. You could check his Cavill video a few months ago

I C. Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't he the one who said that Affleck was out even when Affleck himself was claiming that he was still very much in?

My gut instinct says to to believe JJ will work on Superman in some capacity and ultimately decide Cavill's fate. Not Henry's manager, or Zack, or even the Rock. Not cameos or the Snydercut. I believe it's totally in JJ's hands. If JJ wants Henry than Henry will be Superman. I'm skeptical that JJ would leave Henry's fate up to how the Snydercut is received. I believe he's already decided if Henry is a part of his vision or not.

One thing I'll say is I believe there is a misconception of the WB offices. Way back when I used to talk to two different people high up at WB, it was very compartmentalized, especially at the lower levels. What one person knew, another did not. Office workers aren't likely at the water cooler discussing Henry's contract. Most of them wouldn't even know. They would be more likely talking about their own paychecks and who is flirting with who at the desk.
But why should JJ decide Henry's fate?

By their own admission they're not gonna handcuff themselves to just 1 version anymore. We can have JJ Superman and Henry Superman at the same time

There’s no way JJ holds Henry’s fate in his hands at all.

Last edited:
But why should JJ decide Henry's fate?

By their own admission they're not gonna handcuff themselves to just 1 version anymore. We can have JJ Superman and Henry Superman at the same time

I'm speaking in regards to the solo. Not the rest of his appearances. It makes sense to allow JJ to decide if he wants to do a reboot with a new actor or go with Henry for MOS 2 for his film version. Cavill is likely to return with at least cameos. I believe actually leading a solo film is in JJ's hands.

Last edited:
I'm speaking in regards to the solo. Not the rest of his appearances. It makes sense to allow JJ to decide if he wants to do a reboot with a new actor or go with Henry for MOS 2 for his film version. Cavill is likely to return with at least cameos. I believe actually leading a solo film is in JJ's hands.

If JJ is on Superman I don’t believe for 1 second that he’s holding Henry’s solo fate in his hands. If Henry has signed on for multiple movies he will know what that entails and if JJ is doing a solo Supes it’ll either already be decided that he’s doing his own thing or it’s with Cavill. Cavill ain’t gonna sign a deal that may lead to something it either does or he doesn’t sign.

If JJ is on Superman I don’t believe for 1 second that he’s holding Henry’s solo fate in his hands. If Henry has signed on for multiple movies he will know what that entails and if JJ is doing a solo Supes it’ll either already be decided that he’s doing his own thing or it’s with Cavill. Cavill ain’t gonna sign a deal that may lead to something it either does or he doesn’t sign.

Yes. I believe JJ has already decided in his mind whether he wants Henry back for a solo. My original comment is in regards to Grace's "Scoop" that Henry and JJ met and JJ is waiting to decide on Henry based on the reaction to the Snydercut. I don't believe that. I believe JJ has a vision and knows whether Henry is a part of that vision regardless of how many views the Snydercut receives.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"