Justice League Henry Cavill IS Clark Kent/Superman - - - - - - - - - - Part 19

Now that I think about it more, Henry's Superman is to "Justice League" on what Bucky Barnes/Winter Solider was to "CA:TWS". Both characters had limited dialogs and interactions with other characters, yet their actions were felt throughout the whole movie.

Now that I think about it more, Henry's Superman is to "Justice League" on what Bucky Barnes/Winter Solider was to "CA:TWS". Both characters had limited dialogs and interactions with other characters, yet their actions were felt throughout the whole movie.
Cyclops in X-Men franchise, only difference is that Cavill at least got one solo movie.

What could have been... a sequel to MoS with these three.

tumblr-o4esog-Vf4-F1reuxzho1-1280.jpg

On an alternate Earth, we would have gotten MOS 2 instead of BvS where it would have featured the following characters.
  • Clark Kent/Superman
  • Lois Lane
  • Lex Luther
  • Mercy Graves
  • Metallo
  • Martian Manhunter
  • Jimmy Olsen
  • Cat Grant
  • Perry White
  • Dan Turpin
  • Maggie Sawyer
  • Martha Kent
  • General Sam Lane
  • Intergang
Once Superman's world was fully established, then he would have been ready to go into "Justice League" as a founding member/leader of the group.

On an alternate Earth, we would have gotten MOS 2 instead of BvS where it would have featured the following characters.
  • Clark Kent/Superman
  • Lois Lane
  • Lex Luther
  • Mercy Graves
  • Metallo
  • Martian Manhunter
  • Jimmy Olsen
  • Cat Grant
  • Perry White
  • Dan Turpin
  • Maggie Sawyer
  • Martha Kent
  • General Sam Lane
  • Intergang
Once Superman's world was fully established, then he would have been ready to go into "Justice League" as a founding member/leader of the group.

mans cameos from Joe-El, Pa Kent, Kara and Jenny

What could have been... a sequel to MoS with these three.

tumblr-o4esog-Vf4-F1reuxzho1-1280.jpg

A MOS sequel with a mopey, mute Superman, a useless Lois Lane and a twitchy Lex Luthor brought to you by the director of Suckerpunch? No thanks! I'd say we dodged a bullet with that one.
I believe that Cavill is getting his solo sequel(s) in the near future and I hope that whoever comes to direct will pretty much ignore everything Snyder did and start a new. Honestly apart from Cavill himself I don't want to see any vestiges of Snyder's nonsense.

A MOS sequel with a mopey, mute Superman, a useless Lois Lane and a twitchy Lex Luthor brought to you by the director of Suckerpunch? No thanks! I'd say we dodged a bullet with that one.
I believe that Cavill is getting his solo sequel(s) in the near future and I hope that whoever comes to direct will pretty much ignore everything Snyder did and start a new. Honestly apart from Cavill himself I don't want to see any vestiges of Snyder's nonsense.
You can write them differently though, Thor in Thor 3 was bit different than he was in first movie, also Hulk in Thor 3 was different than he was in TIH, if it works for Marvel, it should work for DC, but they don't want to try.

Love Cavill's Superman so hope he gets the chance for a MOS sequel, whoever takes the reigns. I enjoy the Snyder Superman, he is at least interesting as a character and I love the idea of Superman having an arc at the end of which he becomes that bright symbol of hope we are all familiar with. Getting there, for me, is a way to reinvigorate and make the character relatable in the modern age, rather than just setting him up as this perfect image or trying to reproduce Reeve's iconic take - Characters cannot just be static symbols without any narrative, there is no reason to be invested in them without being able to relate to them in some way. If he is just some overpowered smiling perfectly moral and developed character, then what is the point?

Love Cavill's Superman so hope he gets the chance for a MOS sequel, whoever takes the reigns. I enjoy the Snyder Superman, he is at least interesting as a character and I love the idea of Superman having an arc at the end of which he becomes that bright symbol of hope we are all familiar with. Getting there, for me, is a way to reinvigorate and make the character relatable in the modern age, rather than just setting him up as this perfect image or trying to reproduce Reeve's iconic take - Characters cannot just be static symbols without any narrative, there is no reason to be invested in them without being able to relate to them in some way. If he is just some overpowered smiling perfectly moral and developed character, then what is the point?

I agree, I think that we’ve seen that before and Snyder wanted to do it differently. I’m not saying everyone has to accept it if they didn’t like it. But it’s as valid an interpretation as any other.

I agree, I think that we’ve seen that before and Snyder wanted to do it differently. I’m not saying everyone has to accept it if they didn’t like it. But it’s as valid an interpretation as any other.

Agreed! there should be enough room for various interpretations. I look forward to seeing what JJ does, I hope its fantastic and gives us another take on the character. But at the same time would love to see Cavill finish his story arc. No reason both cannot exist simultaneously.

So, what was this deleted scene in Josstice League ? Another joke ? (look at CGI mouth)

ezgif-6-4cbee1b8e6a9.gif

So, what was this deleted scene in Josstice League ? Another joke ? (look at CGI mouth)

ezgif-6-4cbee1b8e6a9.gif

I don't even need to hear the dialog to know this is another joke interaction.

If we didn't have "Superman and Lois" on the CW, then I think it would have been a good compromise to do a HBO Max series with Henry and Amy. They could have easily done the "Rebirth" storyline for their characters as well imho.

It’s interesting that Terrio wasn’t the guy who made BvS dark and actually lightened it up plus he wasn’t keen on the JL film having to do so much like set up so many characters without solos and also deal with the resurrection of Superman.

Also we’ve learned that Zack wanted the Doomsday fight to take place in populated area with Superman saving people on the ground but WB forced him to make it in an unpopulated area.

Makes you think some of the **** Zack & Terrio got is actually on WB.

It looks like he's saying the following words.

"It's done."

"Who was that guy?"

That's actually pretty funny :funny:

It’s interesting that Terrio wasn’t the guy who made BvS dark and actually lightened it up plus he wasn’t keen on the JL film having to do so much like set up so many characters without solos and also deal with the resurrection of Superman.

Also we’ve learned that Zack wanted the Doomsday fight to take place in populated area with Superman saving people on the ground but WB forced him to make it in an unpopulated area.

I remember Zack took all the s*** along with Terrio while WB distanced itself with all their Johns/Affleck re-writes PR and it looked like they were trying to protect Affleck until Live By Night blew everything out.

What Terrio said about critics was spot on and what I was saying before - when you cut out that 30 minutes of Superman arc it messed up the fundamentals (coherence) and the critics latch onto it and everything turns negative from there.

Once the awful critical review came out it turns the narrative into a joke and toxicity and affect box office and brand impression to neutrals or general audiences, bandwagon effect basically.

If the film was intact upon release the debate would be mostly on the artistic integrity and creative choices rather than "ZS and Terrio can't even do the basics"

It just goes to show you that Warner Bros really needs their own Kevin Feige to oversee their DCEU properties so that everyone can be on the same page, while filtering out the good and bad ideas.

Although I'm not a fan of Zack's original idea to have Bruce and Lois hook up while Superman was dead, I do wish that we had gotten to see Superman save people while taking on Doomsday. Until they get their **** together, Warner Bros will never be able to create a successful cinematic universe.

It just goes to show you that Warner Bros really needs their own Kevin Feige to oversee their DCEU properties so that everyone can be on the same page, while filtering out the good and bad ideas.
The only reason Marvel has a Feige is because Marvel was their own independent movie studio that was just later acquired by a bigger company, who still allows them to operate autonomously. DC has never been a movie studio. They are a brand of IP's that has been owned by a movie studio for 40+ years, along with many others. There's no place for a Feige at the table. His role does not exist within that structure. The WB/DC relationship is not comparable to Marvel/Disney's. Anybody put in charge of DC's films still can't do anything without WB's constant input/interference/approval, and WB as a studio is simultaneously overseeing a lot more movies and IP's beyond whatever DC's latest is doing. DC films ain't their whole world - they're just a small part of it - so they will never get the focus they would need to create a Marvel-esque interconnected universe as long as this is structure of their corporation. I mean, there's a reason movie franchises had been around for decades and no one had even come close to doing what Marvel did with them - the existence of Marvel Studios itself is the anomaly. An established brand of hundreds of IP's that creates its own movie studio to produce movies based only on its own universe/products and is actually successful enough in doing so to be acquired by one of the Big Five and pretty much left to their own devices? Wild. I agree it would be great for DC to have a Feige, but that's just not a realistic/likely scenario in their reality. Not to mention how rare a Feige type of executive is to begin with.

Although I'm not a fan of Zack's original idea to have Bruce and Lois hook up while Superman was dead, I do wish that we had gotten to see Superman save people while taking on Doomsday. Until they get their **** together, Warner Bros will never be able to create a successful cinematic universe.

Would you trust them to hire a Feige type and let him do his job though? Cause I certainly wouldn’t. I think what needs to happen is the decision makers at the top need to start making proper decisions. If they hire a filmmaker with a vision and agree to that vision then let the filmmakers proceed with their vision, if that then doesn’t do well sure step in. But they literally did this to Zack Snyder...

A811E573-082D-4E88-883E-CB0333216758.gif

Last edited:

ezgif-6-4cbee1b8e6a9.gif

Compared to how Cavill looked at the opening of JL this lip job is a work of art, but honestly atleast Superman is interacting with someone here, he actually "spoke", which is something that Snyder seems to want to avoid at all costs.

What Terrio said about critics was spot on and what I was saying before - when you cut out that 30 minutes of Superman arc it messed up the fundamentals (coherence) and the critics latch onto it and everything turns negative from there.

If the film was intact upon release the debate would be mostly on the artistic integrity and creative choices rather than "ZS and Terrio can't even do the basics"

Yeah and the 30 mins that were cut were almost entirely Clark Kent's arc and side of the story and cutting those 30mins was entirely on Snyder not the studio. It was Snyder who decided to keep the incidence with Lois in the dessert and the whole senate/grandma's peach tea arc, which had little to do with a Batman vs Superman story and more to do with a Superman vs Lex that would've worked better for a Superman solo sequel. If Snyder had any sense of story telling he would've known that and wouldn't have needed 2 hrs 45mins to tell a story that he could've easily done with 2hrs 13mins (like MOS).
Look WB and their incompetent brass were the source of all evil and problems that plagued the DCEU, but Snyder cannot be blameless for his inability to construct a coherent film with a long run time of 2 and half hours

Yeah and the 30 mins that were cut were almost entirely Clark Kent's arc and side of the story and cutting those 30mins was entirely on Snyder not the studio. It was Snyder who decided to keep the incidence with Lois in the dessert and the whole senate/grandma's peach tea arc, which had little to do with a Batman vs Superman story and more to do with a Superman vs Lex that would've worked better for a Superman solo sequel. If Snyder had any sense of story telling he would've known that and wouldn't have needed 2 hrs 45mins to tell a story that he could've easily done with 2hrs 13mins (like MOS).
Look WB and their incompetent brass were the source of all evil and problems that plagued the DCEU, but Snyder cannot be blameless for his inability to construct a coherent film with a long run time of 2 and half hours

Regardless of whether Snyder could have done the same story in less time is irrelevant imo as that’s what the studio signed off on. I don’t think it’s a flaw it’s just how Snyder tells his stories. What annoys me is that was what WB said to cut as much Superman and not to lose any Batman stuff, WB Pictures really don’t know what they have with Superman. Any other studio would kill to have the Superman IP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"