Henry Cavill IS Clark Kent/Superman - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe it's just me but... This talk of how Superman isn't a "founding member" despite the formation of the team being what the two plus hour film is about and he is in the film... It's very, very, VERY pedantic in my view.

herolee10

I'm going off of educated guesses. I was one of the few that pretty much guessed that Superman was going to die in BVS based on the info that we had gotten back then as well.

The fact that I feel that Superman, one of the DC trinity, is getting the shafts from this film, prevents me from enjoying any of the other characters.

This film may have "Justice League" as its official title but that's in name only. Superman joining the group in the last battle only doesn't make him a member, especially when the group has had a few missions together before his return. Every member being promoted and advertised while Superman isn't listed also means that the company doesn't see him as a member.

Do we know any of that though at this stage ?

Last edited:
All this *****ing about Superman while other Leaguers are making their big screen debut :doh: #otherleaguerslivesmatter

It's pretty obvious that WB does consider Superman a member, and that they're using his absence to build a desire for his return and involvement. People are going to see these posters and go "Where's Superman? I want Superman to be there".

Their first team poster for the movie featured him prominently.

Herolee can whine about Superman not having a large role, but to complain about the filmmakers not viewing him as a key component of the Justice League is ridiculous. The filmmakers have outright said that he is a key component of the team. So has Henry Cavill.

Superman not being there at first and this somehow not making him a "founding member" would seem to be splitting hairs.

Aquaman doesn't join up at first, either. Is he also not a founding member?

Last edited:
I'm going off of educated guesses. I was one of the few that pretty much guessed that Superman was going to die in BVS based on the info that we had gotten back then as well.

The fact that I feel that Superman, one of the DC trinity, is getting the shafts from this film, prevents me from enjoying any of the other characters.

This film may have "Justice League" as its official title but that's in name only. Superman joining the group in the last battle only doesn't make him a member, especially when the group has had a few missions together before his return. Every member being promoted and advertised while Superman isn't listed also means that the company doesn't see him as a member.

I truly don't get how he's getting the shaft myself, the league is forming as a cause of his heroic sacrifice but if you feel that way then you do.

End of the say it's quite likely he's going to get the films show stealing moment. For me, I'd rather see him make an impact than have more screen time for the sake of it.

Also I fail to see how him joking the team at the end doesn't make him a member. That's just a strange view.

Tell you an interesting example, the Power Rangers. The Green Ranger didn't join the team until much later and when he did he became the most popular member, eventually up surfing the Red Ranger as the leader when he became the White Ranger. So you don't have to be a member or even the leader just because you weren't there when the team was first formed.

I honestly don't know why some members are still on this board. If you hate this universe so much, then don't watch it. Don't come in here and rain on our parade the few days were starting the official hype engine on this thing. We're getting a friggin Justice League movie, with a trailer dropping this Saturday, but all some members do is complain. Really?

Let people say what they want... But it comes to be a bit much when they say the same thing practically every single day.

I honestly don't know why some members are still on this board. If you hate this universe so much, then don't watch it. Don't come in here and rain on our parade the few days were starting the official hype engine on this thing. We're getting a friggin Justice League movie, with a trailer dropping this Saturday, but all some members do is complain. Really?

This.

Know that Superman is in the film or that the movie is about the formation of the team? I would say yes to both myself.

Sorry, didn't use quote on the person I wanted to quote and didn't get in quick enough before you posted. I've kind of sorted it now.

Please, don't visit the Cinematic Civil War:MCU vs DCCU thread...

:wowe::wowe::wowe::wowe:

Why would the Justice League need this Superman? Wonder Woman saved the world 100 years earlier. She chose to be a hero and didn't need trauma or 2 dads telling him what to do. In the comics, Superman was essential because he embodied the spirit of the Justice League but that isn't true in the DCEU. When Batman and Wonder Woman said they have to find a better way, they meant better than Superman too. Killing villains or sacrificing your life isn't the best way to be a positive force for mankind. That's way too extreme. There's a much smarter way to be a hero which is what Wonder Woman and Batman are going to show.

Why would the Justice League need this Superman? Wonder Woman saved the world 100 years earlier. She chose to be a hero and didn't need trauma or 2 dads telling him what to do. In the comics, Superman was essential because he embodied the spirit of the Justice League but that isn't true in the DCEU. When Batman and Wonder Woman said they have to find a better way, they meant better than Superman too. Killing villains or sacrificing your life isn't the best way to be a positive force for mankind. That's way too extreme. There's a much smarter way to be a hero which is what Wonder Woman and Batman are going to show.

You'll sing a different tune when Supes swoops in to save Wondy's ass being beat by Steppenwolf.

Let people say what they want... But it comes to be a bit much when they say the same thing practically every single day.

And have been saying those same things since literally the speculation started for BvS with the Batfleck announcement.

I can't tell if you're trolling :huh: Keep in mind while WW did save the world, she also abandoned it for a good hundred years before Superman inspired her to come back with his sacrifice, so I wouldn't necessarily say WW's "way" is better.

I can't tell if you're trolling :huh: Keep in mind while WW did save the world, she also abandoned it for a good hundred years before Superman inspired her to come back with his sacrifice, so I wouldn't necessarily say WW's "way" is better.

Trolling. Has been going around doing it in multiple threads.

Superman didn't inspire her, she came back to fight doomsday

He is just ignore him

Superman didn't inspire Wonder Woman to come back. She showed up to beat up Doomsday for them.

On what planet? That's exactly what the heroes have always done. While I agree seeing some more pedestrian superhero stuff like saving a civilian from a disaster would be cool, that's quite evidently not the best way for heroes to have a positive impact on mankind.

Stopping genocidal aliens or freak of nature juggernauts from massacring the entire human population? That kind of feels like humanity might benefit from it. The sacrificing part specifically, is there anything generally considered more selfless and heroic than the hero sacrificing themselves so that others may live?

On what planet? That's exactly what the heroes have always done. While I agree seeing some more pedestrian superhero stuff like saving a civilian from a disaster would be cool, that's quite evidently not the best way for heroes to have a positive impact on mankind.

Stopping genocidal aliens or freak of nature juggernauts from massacring the entire human population? That kind of feels like humanity might benefit from it. The sacrificing part specifically, is there anything generally considered more selfless and heroic than the hero sacrificing themselves so that others may live?

Honestly just ignore him, don't feed him.

You like what you seen today DP?

Yes indeed, but I've liked it all since day one, despite the fact that BvS was a hideously flawed film technically I really enjoyed the spirit of it. It'll be the same here, I'll probably overlook all flaws in the first viewing and enjoy it immensely and come back down to earth a bit with subsequent viewings.

If they fix some of the issues that BvS had with being a bit scatterbrained but maintain the rest I'll be ecstatic, I really like the universe they've set up - very amped for the trailer this weekend. I hope they've learned their lesson from the Doomsday BvS trailer and don't give up too much, hopefully just a red cape fluttering in the corner of the screen or a flash across the screen announcing the boy scout :)

Your take on the teaser?

My biggest wish is they just allow Snyder to release what 'cut' length he feel is required to tell the story of the film released and not hamper him by editing say 20-35 minutes out, thus having the same issues with BvS in terms of story telling and edit management.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"