Henry Cavill IS Clark Kent/Superman - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a Superman fan, I'm actually excited that Superman is the one returning in Justice League. That in itself is the tell all; be all of how important of a moment and role it actually is. That's exciting stuff for me. The mystery is in how he is going to return because remember: you can't spell Justice League without SUPERMAN.

Snyder has been in a 'no win' scenario, and judging by comments you can see why. The B v S points of 'you killed him off to early' and showed Doomsday in trailer claims, so he drops back Superman exposure on JL and doesn't give any clues to Superman return in any press & publicity, he gets slammed that way too. Poor b**tard can't win with some people, basically need to moan about the DCEU.

If Snyder is in a no-win scenario with fans, he only has himself to blame. He didn't HAVE to kill Superman in BvS. He didn't HAVE to let Superman kill Zod or let his father die in MOS. There are plenty of other routes he could have went in the first two films, but he did things that he HAD to know would be at least a little controversial with the fanbase. And you might love all of the choices he made with the character, and that's fine. But you can't blame other fans for not liking them. So if they're skeptical about JL, it's not because they "need to moan about the DCEU", it's because they don't have a lot of confidence in how Superman will be handled, based on the way he's already been handled in two movies by the same director.

Snyder has been in a 'no win' scenario, and judging by comments you can see why. The B v S points of 'you killed him off to early' and showed Doomsday in trailer claims, so he drops back Superman exposure on JL and doesn't give any clues to Superman return in any press & publicity, he gets slammed that way too. Poor b**tard can't win with some people, basically some people need to moan about the DCEU.

So you're telling me all this could've been fixed with not killing him and not showing Doomsday? ;)

Again, we didn't know Doomsday was in the movie. We know Superman for some capacity is in this. It's like showing Spider-Man in the civil war trailer. No harm was done there.

Given I don't think anything so far has needed 'fixing', I'm all good thanks. :cwink:

As a Superman fan, I'm actually excited that Superman is the one returning in Justice League. That in itself is the tell all; be all of how important of a moment and role it actually is. That's exciting stuff for me. The mystery is in how he is going to return because remember: you can't spell Justice League without SUPERMAN.

This poster disagrees :o

gkucvuceqemetskmo1ly.png

Given I don't think anything so fa has needed 'fixing', I'm all good thanks. :cwink:

Sure! but in no way is Snyder in a no win scenario. He made the choices he made and is now facing the consequences.

Although to be fair he doesn't handle marketing so it's not his call.

This poster disagrees

^That's what they want us to think. On second thought, maybe Superman isn't in this because Superman is already in the MCU. His name is Captain America.:o

*****ing about Superman, on the day we get all this goodies.

LMAO cant relate.

:up: I feel the same way

Given I don't think anything so far has needed 'fixing', I'm all good thanks. :cwink:

Ditto

That being said I'm extremely happy with all we got! I loved every single thing. I'm hyped as FUUUUU :hmr:

As DC fans these are the days we live for man. No need to worry about stuff we dont need to worry about now. Now its time for.... HYPE.

Justice League's cinematography looks incredible and is on another level! If this is what in store for Superman's return than by ALL MEANS, saving it for the big screen won't be minded by this fan. No f#%cking way. This sh$%^ is epic.

Definitely. I think Kal-El vs The World Engine finale is probably the best epic superhero stuff ever put on screen. Just besides this pure epicness... You can feel the raw awesome power from this impressionistic looking cinematography. Snyder definitely puts CBM stuff on another level. It's really like some classical painting.

BatmanSuperman_MPC_VFX_ITW_14A.jpg

As DC fans these are the days we live for man. No need to worry about stuff we dont need to worry about now. Now its time for.... HYPE.

I just started at your avi for a good 5 minutes...before reading what you said :woot:

idiot claimed that avvy from Papa Narcissus, I am proud of him.

If Snyder is in a no-win scenario with fans, he only has himself to blame. He didn't HAVE to kill Superman in BvS. He didn't HAVE to let Superman kill Zod or let his father die in MOS. There are plenty of other routes he could have went in the first two films, but he did things that he HAD to know would be at least a little controversial with the fanbase. And you might love all of the choices he made with the character, and that's fine. But you can't blame other fans for not liking them. So if they're skeptical about JL, it's not because they "need to moan about the DCEU", it's because they don't have a lot of confidence in how Superman will be handled, based on the way he's already been handled in two movies by the same director.

Absolutely, people can consider their view on what has gone before but what I'm saying is, as I understand it, Snyder indicated this would be a 'three act' story and the 'super smily, happy go lucky' superman that the majority seem to be clambering for is coming. However, what I don't get, is the symbol of hope and saving of humanity aspect that people seem to think Snyder has 'missed' has been there ALL ALONG, if people have missed that, in his subtext or hasn't S P E L T it out, and he's not been understood, that's not his fault.

Everything just feels so RIGHT. This is THEE time indeed.

Absolutely, people can consider their view on what has gone before but what I'm saying is, as I understand it, Snyder indicated this would be a 'three act' story and the 'super smily, happy go lucky' superman that the majority seem to be clambering for is coming. However, what I don't get, is the symbol of hope and saving of humanity aspect that people seem to think Snyder has 'missed' has been there ALL ALONG, if people have missed that, in his subtext or hasn't S P E L T it out, and he's not been understood, that's not his fault.

Or maybe some fans do understand it, but just don't think it was handled well. It's understandable, either way.

Can we talk about how this marketing campaign is clearly designed to make people want Superman back?

Just wait for the next reboot, herolee. No shame in that. That said, I already bought 10 tickets to the MF'ING JL showing.

At this point, I might have no choice. It's so either that or wait for a miracle where a competent Director is hired and makes a kick-ass MOS sequel that leads into a JL film where SUPERMAN is prominently and actively featured.

But you need to calm down about it. End of the day you're speculating that's what we are going to get when it actuality you nor I don't know for sure.

Listen I get it, Superman is my favourite too, but I'm not letting that fact make me see how the plot doesn't make sense or is unfair to Superman because I don't see that at all. Superman (until Wonder Woman) is the only character so far with a solo film. Batman v Superman was predominantly about Superman (even more so the Ultimate Edition), everything Batman and other characters did in that was a reaction to Superman. Suicide Squad was openly a reaction to Superman's death. So I think it's only fair we let these other characters time development and time to breathe. Suprrman coming back is probably going to steal the show and I reckon come the end of Justice a League most people will be talking about that.

Are you really not a fan of any of the other characters?

I'm going off of educated guesses. I was one of the few that pretty much guessed that Superman was going to die in BVS based on the info that we had gotten back then as well.

The fact that I feel that Superman, one of the DC trinity, is getting the shafts from this film, prevents me from enjoying any of the other characters.

This film may have "Justice League" as its official title but that's in name only. Superman joining the group in the last battle only doesn't make him a member, especially when the group has had a few missions together before his return. Every member being promoted and advertised while Superman isn't listed also means that the company doesn't see him as a member.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"