Henry Cavill IS Clark Kent/Superman - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really liked the flight scene. It's visually brilliant and Snyder was the first to showcase sheer power in Superman's flight.

That being said, for me personally, it has nothing on the helicopter scene from STM, the fire sequence from SIII and the plane sequence from SR.

You're comparing first flight to first rescues. The more apt comparison to the other movies would be Cavill's Clark saving people at the oil rig. He doesn't fly in it, but the spirit and nature of that scene is closer to the ones you're describing, and those ones have an extra thrill because he's in the act of using his powers to save lives. The flight scene was just that: a scene of showing off powers. The Donner equivalent would probably be young Clark running past the train.

You're comparing first flight to first rescues. The more apt comparison to the other movies would be Cavill's Clark saving people at the oil rig. He doesn't fly in it, but the spirit and nature of that scene is closer to the ones you're describing, and those ones have an extra thrill because he's in the act of using his powers to save lives. The flight scene was just that: a scene of showing off powers. The Donner equivalent would probably be young Clark running past the train.

You're right. That's probably why I love them. It's powers + rescue + crowd. Also Idiot09 was referring to fav Superman moments so that was what my response was to.

And so the Superman less Justice League marketing campaign begins. I think I'll be taking a long sabbatical from the JL thread by Saturday until the film arrives (or unless Superman is miraculously featured in a trailer in a prominent way, which will probably never happen). I'm getting good tired as well in complaining about the same thing so seeing more material that'll make me boil wouldn't do anyone any favors.

And so the Superman less Justice League marketing campaign begins. I think I'll be taking a long sabbatical from the JL thread by Saturday until the film arrives (or unless Superman is miraculously featured in a trailer in a prominent way, which will probably never happen). I'm getting good tired as well in complaining about the same thing so seeing more material that'll make me boil wouldn't do anyone any favors.

I understand your pain. I really do! But at the same time we're getting such cool stuff from other characters.

I'm mostly going with the flow and talking about other things but I completely understand your frustration.

The irony of this is that the first promo photo of the team had Superman front and center with the rest... so why exclude him now? Just mystifying.

Do you guys really want another Doomsday scenario here?

If you had that happen in the first trailer, people would complain.

If you don't show Superman in the trailer, people will complain.

See where I'm going with this?

It'll still be quite interesting to see what is and isn't in the trailer regarding Supes. At this point, given the image that was released, I doubt we'll see any of him. And there is ZERO chance that he gets a promotional clip like the rest of the League.

It depends on the advertisement closer to the movie's release. Just hope we don't run into another Doomsday scenario.

I just cannot gets my head around you wanting to experience his return in a trailer. It's gonna be so epic to see it on the big screen.

Given the amount of reconciliation that has happened so far during this production, it would lend some credence to the idea that WB has learned a couple of things. Not enough to engender overwhelming praise for the direction, but an acknowledgment of a "course correction." I would not be surprised if they were much less inclined to repeat the Doomsday issue from BvS.

Justice League's cinematography looks incredible and is on another level! If this is what in store for Superman's return than by ALL MEANS, saving it for the big screen won't be minded by this fan. No f#%cking way. This sh$%^ is epic.

I just cannot gets my head around you wanting to experience his return in a trailer. It's gonna be so epic to see it on the big screen.

In a way, there is a justification for these complaints. Maybe not in showing the return of Superman, but the almost casual way that he's been pushed to the side by the plot. Given that by the time of JL there will have been two whole movies worth of time (though WW is going to essentially be one long flashback) between the Supes/DD double KO and it really drives in how much it feels he's gone.

Absence does different things to all of us. For some it whets the anticipation of a reunion. Others, it highlights the void left behind. And others still can move on gracefully and without care.

I can certainly relate with all three.

In a way, there is a justification for these complaints. Maybe not in showing the return of Superman, but the almost casual way that he's been pushed to the side by the plot. Given that by the time of JL there will have been two whole movies worth of time (though WW is going to essentially be one long flashback) between the Supes/DD double KO and it really drives in how much it feels he's gone.

Absence does different things to all of us. For some it whets the anticipation of a reunion. Others, it highlights the void left behind. And others still can move on gracefully and without care.

I can certainly relate with all three.

I think the plot makes sense, it's not that the world doesn't need these heroes to unite if Superman were around, it's if Superman were around they probably wouldn't see the need to unite these heroes. Mistakingly thinking Superman could handle it alone and these heroes divided won't be able to take on the threat. It's a very interesting way to tackle it IMO. I get its not for everyone but when that is the actual plot and then people are moaning that they want to see him, that's when I don't get it. It's clear they want us to miss him so when that moment happens in the film people will be ecstatic. Sometimes you don't know what you've got til it's gone.

I think the plot makes sense, it's not that the world doesn't need these heroes to unite if Superman were around, it's if Superman were around they probably wouldn't see the need to unite these heroes. Mistakingly thinking Superman could handle it alone and these heroes divided won't be able to take on the threat. It's a very interesting way to tackle it IMO. I get its not for everyone but when that is the actual plot and then people are moaning that they want to see him, that's when I don't get it. It's clear they want us to miss him so when that moment happens in the film people will be ecstatic. Sometimes you don't know what you've got til it's gone.

But..but...but Snyder's Superman is unlikable! Nobody will ever miss him and nobody will even know he is gonnnneeeee!!!!111!111

In all seriousness, Superman's absence already feels odd. That's a damn good thing for this movie because his return will be the money shot! RIGHT ON OUR FACES!

Well truth be told not everyone was a big fan of the idea to kill him off from the start, thus a lack of anticipation for his return in this film.

Plus, like others have said, no one is asking for them to spoil on how he comes back. Just show us a few shots of him in action with the group.

Isn't the goal to market this off where you can get people excited to see ALL of these characters joining together for the first time? Well it's kind of hard to do that when Snyder chooses to show pretty much nothing when it comes to one of the more important figures.

Why should I as a Superman fan get excited when I have no idea on how he'll be used? What reason do i have to think that he will be involved with the group when there's no footage to say that?

BvS pretty much gave fans a good preview of what the JL dynamics will be like where Batman and Wonder Woman are more involved with the group and where Superman barely has anything to say and is only involved in the fight.

Well truth be told not everyone was a big fan of the idea to kill him off from the start, thus a lack of anticipation for his return in this film.

Plus, like others have said, no one is asking for them to spoil on how he comes back. Just show us a few shots of him in action with the group.

Isn't the goal to market this off where you can get people excited to see ALL of these characters joining together for the first time? Well it's kind of hard to do that when Snyder chooses to show pretty much nothing when it comes to one of the more important figures.

Why should I as a Superman fan get excited when I have no idea on how he'll be used? What reason do i have to think that he will be involved with the group when there's no footage to say that?

BvS pretty much gave fans a good preview of what the JL dynamics will be like where Batman and Wonder Woman are more involved with the group and where Superman barely has anything to say and is only involved in the fight.

Son, just spare yourself the goddamn pain and do not watch this film. Tell me now, so I can buy an extra ticket in yo absence, you wont be missed. I beg ya. :oldrazz:

Just wait for the next reboot, herolee. No shame in that. That said, I already bought 10 tickets to the MF'ING JL showing.

Snyder has been in a 'no win' scenario, and judging by comments you can see why. The B v S points of 'you killed him off to early' and showed Doomsday in trailer claims, so he drops back Superman exposure on JL and doesn't give any clues to Superman return in any press & publicity, he gets slammed that way too. Poor b**tard can't win with some people, basically some people need to moan about the DCEU.

To be fair, we don't really know his return will be epic. I think it probably will be, but they could fumble the ball with that too.

Regardless, I don't think you need to show his return in the trailer. Just show him doing something, anything.

Well truth be told not everyone was a big fan of the idea to k8ll him off from the start, thus a lack of anticipation for his return in this film.

But you need to calm down about it. End of the day you're speculating that's what we are going to get when it actuality you nor I don't know for sure.

Listen I get it, Superman is my favourite too, but I'm not letting that fact make me see how the plot doesn't make sense or is unfair to Superman because I don't see that at all. Superman (until Wonder Woman) is the only character so far with a solo film. Batman v Superman was predominantly about Superman (even more so the Ultimate Edition), everything Batman and other characters did in that was a reaction to Superman. Suicide Squad was openly a reaction to Superman's death. So I think it's only fair we let these other characters time development and time to breathe. Suprrman coming back is probably going to steal the show and I reckon come the end of Justice a League most people will be talking about that.

Are you really not a fan of any of the other characters?

To be fair, we don't really know his return will be epic. I think it probably will be, but they could fumble the ball with that too.

Regardless, I don't think you need to show his return in the trailer. Just show him doing something, anything.

It's a feeling I have, especially knowing Snyder, of course I don't know for sure. Heck we don't even know how he returns either. But the point is I think making his absence a part of marketing is very clever cause it will make people talk about him more and miss him.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back