BvS Henry Cavill IS Superman - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 26

I said it once before, but Superman was by far more relatable to me than Batman was in Batman v Superman.

Batman was heroic and all but he was trying to kill Superman, while that's hardly the point, this Bruce Wayne and Batman was much older, and had already lived a long career. So there wasn't that much new in the way of the character. And Bruce Wayne was kind of bored (with his life). He was slightly boring at times for being so straight.

Superman was portrayed as the more innocent hero to me and more relatable than Batman in this movie. Superman was struggling to fit in, and do good while people hate him at the same time.

btw,

http://movieweb.com/man-of-steel-2-active-development-dc-films/

and

is it real?

13912302_1018020081638460_119046967065126130_n.jpg

Not real, but I kinda like it.

Superman's getting a sequel! I'm so happy for more Cav-El. Wonder if it will have to take place after JL2.

Still no confirmation whether it's real though. If we get word from Warner Bros or Snyder two months later saying, "No plans (to make MOS2)" or if they say "Sure...if we get a good script, then yeah, who knows, it's possible"...then I'm going to be royally pissed.

Still no confirmation whether it's real though. If we get word from Warner Bros or Snyder two months later saying, "No plans (to make MOS2)" or if they say "Sure...if we get a good script, then yeah, who knows, it's possible"...then I'm going to be royally pissed.
indeed.
hope they will working hard to get a good script.

I don't think Snyder directs the next superman solo. He hasn't been getting the best out of cavill who just oozes charm and a warm smile in his interviews. We need that for the next supes solo. Seriously.

Can we get this out the way? I mean...I loved MoS, it remains my favorite film of the DCEU. But man, getting the blu ray back home and watching the film multiple times, one thing has become abundantly clear:

Cavill isn't that great of an actor.

I don't know what happened, maybe it's me or something, but almost every time he's on screen as Superman and he has to talk, it's close to cringe-worthy.

If he's not sullen, he's either grunting, looking bewildered, or yelling about something. I didn't feel this way in the theater, maybe it's the excitement wearing off. This was certainly the movie I've wanted to see more than any other since I was a kid. And like I said, I thought MoS was very good. But sheesh, perhaps Superman is written this way simply because Cavill can't emote any other way. Looking back on MoS, I think a lot of his "acting" worked because he was supposed to be the fish out of water, trying to discover himself and find his place. In this movie though, whatever small amount of charm he displayed is gone, and to be honest, everything suffers for it...

i haven't seen Cavill in other movies so i can't judge him as an actor but tbh, i agree with you.

He was pretty good in Man from UNCLE. I don't think he's a great actor but he's certainly better than you'd think judging by his Superman. I think Snyder is to blame for the detached, wooden performance.

I don't put it on Cavill. I put it on the material. I find most of the performances, including those from more experience actors to be stiff. Fishburne is the only one who I consistently like his line deliveries.

Love Henry in the role. Hope he's Kal-EL for a long time! Lets get his Super-solo rollin' and allow him to do his thing. He's shown he can play Superman close to the vest. Time to open it up.

I hope we get there. I'm rooting for Cavill.

I firmly believe Henry CAN play a good Superman. I just hope he gets the chance to.

If there's any blame to be put on Cavill, it's negligible compared to what Snyder and co. deserve. He did well with what they gave him in MOS and made do with the big fat nothing that was given to him in BVS. MOS, to me, was a great "almost, but not quite there" Superman film that could've paved the way to some really great stuff in the future, and BVS just took one step forward and about fifteen steps back.

I think it took steps forward. BvS was necessary for what we'll get in JL.

I hope Cavill is better in JL. He was good in MoS, but severely underused in BvS, to be honest.

Yeah I don't blame him. I blame the material that they're giving him to work with.

BVS just took one step forward and about fifteen steps back.

If these movies were contained as their own standalone movie, then maybe I'd agree with you there. As a Superman fan, I always understood and accepted that BvS was not only going to piggyback off of the worlds reception OF Superman, but also introduce a new Batman to the audiences and with that, comes sacrifice somewhere. Although Cavill played the part exceptional with what was givin' to him, the story itself still focused and found itself leaning on Superman and his rogues themselves, which was good to me because I know damn well these movies are connected and aren't supposed to end with BvS.

I knew there was MORE of Clark's arc coming in Justice League and with rumors of another Superman solo in the pipeline, let alone WB's eagerness to get it right (and Geoff John's first words as Chief of DC Entertainment being about Superman) then I can forgive SOME of the short-comings fans see in BvS and be optimistic there's more and better things to come for Kal-EL. Cavill CAN do it Justice. He will.

I hope Cavill is better in JL. He was good in MoS, but severely underused in BvS, to be honest.
BvS is not a superman solo movie.

and batman we are talking about here. he is bat-god. he is the most bankable DC character and the golden boy to WB / DC.

the funny part is even though most 'wow' factors, more screen time and emphasize were given to batman; yet the batman fans whining and complaining the most... simply because they can't see batman would turn himself into bat monster...

BvS is not a superman solo movie.

and batman we are talking about here. he is bat-god. he is the most bankable DC character and the golden boy to WB / DC.

the funny part is even though most 'wow' factors, more screen time and emphasize were given to batman; yet the batman fans whining and complaining the most... simply because they can't see batman would turn himself into bat monster...

Okay, but that's in no way an answer to him being underused.

Civil War wasn't a solo Iron Man movie and he had plenty to do.

Okay, but that's in no way an answer to him being underused.

Civil War wasn't a solo Iron Man movie and he had plenty to do.

because CW is suppose to be CA solo movie!!! lol :D

btw, you scored 0 mark as you found the main point WRONG.

the main point is batman.
didn't i emphasize it enough??? even the bat mobile was given extensive screen time to show how cool and super duper it was... it was longer than all the superman saving montage scenes and the fight scene with doomsday combined.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"