BvS Henry Cavill IS Superman - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 26

Im not an orphan and I don't have any gifts that could change the whole world so no it's not very relatable at all actually.

The depressing "I'm lonely and I don't know what to do with my life" part was relatable but then that was the worst bit because I don't want to be depressed watching a Superman film.
You can also look at it through a positive lens, about a man who endures, overcomes, and inspires. That's the grestest human story that can be told.

However if you just want bright colours and things that go bam well there's movies out there for you.

haha, tell that to DC / WB / Donners... they have been doing it for the last 80 years. :D

btw, there is a new theory that human is actually a clone / hybrid of alien DNA & animal DNA... alien came thousands years ago, they needed slave/ workforce who could take instruction from them... therefore they made human... somehow they went back... left us... and we regarded them as god... ;)
I never said that it hasn't been tried to be done. I said that I never viewed him s that. Because he's not that. Have a very great day you and everyone!

God bless you! God bless everyone!

I never said that it hasn't been tried to be done. I said that I never viewed him s that. Because he's not that. Have a very great day you and everyone!

but if you think it again...

if superman was real... and you were in an awful / dangerous situation, wouldn't you wish for him to come & rescue you?... isn't that... some kinda god-act???

if superman was real... and 'touch wood' your family members caught in an accident and superman didn't come to save them... would you be like the African lady... asking him the same question... hating him... even though you have no reason to do so...

but if you think it again...

if superman was real... and you were in an awful / dangerous situation, wouldn't you wish for him to come & rescue you?... isn't that... some kinda god-act???

if superman was real... and 'touch wood' your family members caught in an accident and superman didn't come to save them... would you be like the African lady... asking him the same question... hating him... even though you have no reason to do so...
It isn't that. I'd want a cop to help me to if I'm in danger. That doesn't make the cop anything more than a cop. I can't say that I would be like that, unless he was standing there making out with Lois as it happened. He's just an alien and is nothing more than that. Have a very great day you and everyone!

You can also look at it through a positive lens, about a man who endures, overcomes, and inspires. That's the grestest human story that can be told.

However if you just want bright colours and things that go bam well there's movies out there for you.

There's practically no inspiration coming from Superman in the last 20 years so that only applies to the early pictures and not the recent ones.

Like wise if you just want dark, joyless and shallow with video game fights throughout then I guess you have your 2 films.

I don't feel any sense of wonder and awe with this version of the character. He feels like any generic angst-ridden superhero now.

having read the UC : the added scenes make me really upset and angry on WB. most of the scenes are on Clark & events related to Clark's story.

WB has never trusted on superman. it's always the goddamn batman... him and that's it. :mad: :(

having read the UC : the added scenes make me really upset and angry on WB. most of the scenes are on Clark & events related to Clark's story.

WB has never trusted on superman. it's always the goddamn batman... him and that's it. :mad: :(

:whatever:Yeah they had no faith in Superman yet invested $225 Mil in a Superman solo movie, if you want to blame anyone for Superman's current predicament in the movie verse then blame your boy Snyder who wasted a grand opportunity to reintroduce a Superman who is loved and embraced by this current generation just like the great Reeve was. Instead we are left with a divisive Superman who the studios obviously have no faith in because of his lackluster performance and a general lack of interest exhibited in the bore-fest Snyder presented.

Call me cynical but I think its fairly safe to assume that at the last minute WB told Snyder to make the movie more of a Batman film. Look at that final trailer, its BATMAN centric. The 30 minutes of cut footage proves that Snyder actually cared to make the film well rounded between both protagonists and give Henry Cavill a good amount to do. The studio just chose to omit this from the final cut.

It's especially frustrating based on how the film ends. So the entire film builds up to his death and for whatever reason they chose to cut out almost all the Superman material. Its a slap in the face of his fans and it did Cavill no favors towards his performance. The UC should go a long way to fix these issues but unfortunately the damage is done and most of the general audience will never watch the UC. First impressions are always the most important and WB really dropped the ball on Superman because they wanted more freaking Batman!

It's especially frustrating based on how the film ends. So the entire film builds up to his death and for whatever reason they chose to cut out almost all the Superman material. Its a slap in the face of his fans and it did Cavill no favors towards his performance. The UC should go a long way to fix these issues but unfortunately the damage is done and most of the general audience will never watch the UC. First impressions are always the most important and WB really dropped the ball on Superman because they wanted more freaking Batman!

But Batman was acting more out of character and the movie really did little to establish him as a hero, Bats was antagonist.

Longer time devoted to Batman could be due to the fact that they wanted to introduce Affleck's Batman in this universe.

But Batman was acting more out of character and the movie really did little to establish him as a hero, Bats was antagonist.

Longer time devoted to Batman could be due to the fact that they wanted to introduce Affleck's Batman in this universe.

But they cut out the character that makes the ultimate sacrifice at the end of the film. A sacrifice that would've had more impact with all the material that got cut out.

Batman got way too much screen time considering how simple and rather dull his arc is in this movie.

:whatever:Yeah they had no faith in Superman yet invested $225 Mil in a Superman solo movie, if you want to blame anyone for Superman's current predicament in the movie verse then blame your boy Snyder who wasted a grand opportunity to reintroduce a Superman who is loved and embraced by this current generation just like the great Reeve was. Instead we are left with a divisive Superman who the studios obviously have no faith in because of his lackluster performance and a general lack of interest exhibited in the bore-fest Snyder presented.
no, i will not blame on Synder. i love the story of BvS. i love the superman story as well as the batman story told in BvS.

it is just there were so much more scenes and details on the superman story... but being cut away... making the TC unbalance and more like a batman movie...

UlheDw2.jpg

Looks photoshopped, but I haven't seen any image like this before, where is it from ?

It's an official still from the film. I simply thought i'd manip a smiling Henry in it's place, ya know, to please the lot who thought he didn't smile enough. Worth a shot but I suck at photoshop lol

Call me cynical but I think its fairly safe to assume that at the last minute WB told Snyder to make the movie more of a Batman film. Look at that final trailer, its BATMAN centric. The 30 minutes of cut footage proves that Snyder actually cared to make the film well rounded between both protagonists and give Henry Cavill a good amount to do. The studio just chose to omit this from the final cut.

I'm thinking that's pretty much close to the truth and you're right, that final trailer is kind of the evidence.

Well most cut scenes form the UC were Superman/Clark ones, so yes, that probably happened.

I don't feel any sense of wonder and awe with this version of the character. He feels like any generic angst-ridden superhero now.

Indeed. Everything about him feels so painfully regular. His powers are so lazily represented on screen and is nowhere near the jaw dropping quality it should be with the technology of this day and age. Snyder's current style (abandoned his main strengths-no slow mo, little to no extended shots, creatively filmed action etc.), love for green screen, overdone CGI and heavy filters don't help with the reality they are going for. I have yet to see an action scene that let's me feel his power and leave me satisfied for 2 entire movies. I don't even mind the mopey superman character if he's in compelling story and feels powerful. From the moment I saw MOS I knew we got the wrong director for this vision. Nothing against Snyder but he can't do this version of Superman justice both action and direction wise.

I'm thinking that's pretty much close to the truth and you're right, that final trailer is kind of the evidence.
the 1st trailer is the best... wondering if TC was decided before it...

I'm very excited that the UC will feature more Cavill.
some video clips are leak online. and i have watched them. :O

the TC was great...(maybe i connected the dots myself) but the UC is so much better!!!

Yep, there are so many scenes that are about Clark. I can't believe it

You're telling me that the Editors and TPTB thought that it would be okay to leave scenes like Bruce having a random dream about some demon-like creature bursting from his mom's tombstone, Lex trying to feed an politician several candy pieces, and an Flashpoint cameo that really made no sense to the current story being told....

and then cut out scenes like showing why Clark doesn't trust Batman and how Lex actually accomplished his grand plan?

Jeez.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"