BvS Henry Cavill IS Superman - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 26

If a flying man appears in the sky with incredible powers, you don’t think people will regard his as God in real life???

I thought they did an excellent job showing superman is just Clark Kent.

Did you see that he was nervous during the senate hearing. His head was down… the senator had to raise her voice and called him ‘sir’ to get his attention…

he is a flawed character, he has doubts on his dream. he is not perfect, he gets angry, he loves and adores the main women in his life. Without his powers, he is just a regular joe, but a very brave one. he stands up against batman bullying. :)

I relate to that more than someone saving a helicopter or plane and then giving a dorky line "still safest way to fly". I know people like that, but I just can't relate to someone like that. Or be fond of someone like that anymore.

No, I wouldn't.

I didn't.

Didn't really come off nervous to me.

Didn't say anything about him having to be perfect.

Didn't say anything about him being relatable.

No, I wouldn't.

I didn't.

Didn't really come off nervous to me.

Didn't say anything about him having to be perfect.

Didn't say anything about him being relatable.

so you didn't what??? lol

Yeah, and they all ended up looking pretty silly. I don't know what it about this obsession with Superman and being a god that some people like to deal with. It pretty much never works.

I don't think it really showed anything about him not being a god. They just throw all these references and whatnot and really do nothing with it. Just questions and ideas they didn't really bother to answer or deal with. Maybe they do a better job with it in the extender version, but I doubt it.
Yep. This entire idea is nonsense. In absolutely no version of this character have I ever viewed him as that. And if I knew an alien came from space, I would look at him like an alien. He's an alien. Nothing greater than that. And no one has any reason to think otherwise. Have a very great day you and everyone!

God bless you! God bless everyone!

Yep. This entire idea is nonsense. In absolutely no version of this character have I ever viewed him as that. And if I knew an alien came from space, I would look at him like an alien. He's an alien. Nothing greater than that. And no one has any reason to think otherwise. Have a very great day you and everyone!

His very existence would make the world question everything about itself, including the existence of God. The world knows a space ship landed thousands of years ago carrying people from another planet. You don't think science and religion would then be at all sorts about where our origins came from, who created what, etc.
So humans reference to is he a God (maybe early man confused the kryptonian that got out of the ship as an angel because he/she could fly). It just opens up endless questions.

His very existence would make the world question everything about itself, including the existence of God. The world knows a space ship landed thousands of years ago carrying people from another planet. You don't think science and religion would then be at all sorts about where our origins came from, who created what, etc.
So humans reference to is he a God (maybe early man confused the kryptonian that got out of the ship as an angel because he/she could fly). It just opens up endless questions.
I'm sure there would tons of questions. But there is absolutely no reason any sane person would look at an alien who was apart of a whole race of aliens, who they know can die and think that Superman is anything other than an alien. Have a very great day you and everyone!

This cracks me up, it really does

Okay so while we're talking about real world reactions and keeping his film completely believable.......if Superman were framed by use of a hidden bomb in senate, who here believes that he would stand, sulk and then disappear? You know instead of immediately addressesing the press and the world to defend himself, or to scan the wreckage for evidence and clues as to what really happened?

If that film really wants to be taken so seriously with its 'realism' then they need to stop taking liberties and ignoring this little rule when it's convenient for their crap story because it's actually full of nonsense like this, not least with the completey unrealistic idea that a man hell bent on destroying someone would suddenly show mercy because his alleged enemy shares the same name as his mommy.

Oh how exciting. That's all CBM's need is more religious allegories that never add anything to the debate. So what if the world questions our existence? This has been happening since the dawn of man. Does God exist or not? Why do we need Superman to answer this question? Why would Superman force us to ask a question we're already asking before he arrives? Its an issue that's glazed over in the film but again never amounts to anything beyond imagery and dialogue. The themes explored never amount to anything beyond telling us Superman is Jesus. Snyder isn't adding anything to the debate as he has nothing to say on the issue. Man of Steel butchers this further by not having the world respond to Zod's ship. No panic in the streets, nobody praying or even rushing to churches across the globe, its just a regular day in Metropolis. Everybody goes about their normal day while a freaking alien ship threatening the world hovers over Metropolis. Where were all these people obsessed with God when the God's arrived? Lois was making coffee watching TV and everybody else including the employees for Bruce Wayne went to work as if nothing was happening. Its so silly that I laugh every time I see that part in MoS.

This reminds me of how Neon Genesis Evangelion had a bunch of religious symbolism that fans thought had a deep meaning but the creator admitted he just added it because he thought it was cool.

so you didn't what??? lol

He quoted a post made by you.

It had 5 statements that were separated by a space between each one.

He gave 5 statements that were separated by a space between each one.

This was to show that his statements were replying to your statements.

Do you understand now?

I relate to that more than someone saving a helicopter or plane and then giving a dorky line "still safest way to fly". I know people like that, but I just can't relate to someone like that. Or be fond of someone like that anymore.
That's a shame.

That's a shame.

Clearly a cynic and if WB solely focused on people like him they will continue to flop, that moment and line oozes pure charm and confidence. Singer even recognised it and imitated it in SR, I guess if it's not boom pow foosh and badass then it's "cheesy" a smiling Superman is to corny and ridiculous.

I don't want to relate to Superman. The real world is often crap and depressing, I watch Superman for escapism so I can forget about that.

This "oh he has to be relatable" nonsense is the main reason this latest incarnation has failed to create any spark.

Clearly a cynic and if WB solely focused on people like him they will continue to flop, that moment and line oozes pure charm and confidence. Singer even recognised it and imitated it in SR, I guess if it's not boom pow foosh and badass then it's "cheesy" a smiling Superman is to corny and ridiculous.

That whole helicopter sequence is masterful in performance, dialogue, effects (for its time), cinematography and music.

I don't want to relate to Superman. The real world is often crap and depressing, I watch Superman for escapism so I can forget about that.

This "oh he has to be relatable" nonsense is the main reason this latest incarnation has failed to create any spark.

How you can relate to this Superman and not another interpretation is ludicrous considering they both defy the laws of physics, whether Superman flies at the speed of light or the speed of sound it's still a flying man.

That whole helicopter sequence is masterful in performance, dialogue, effects (for its time), cinematography and music.

Exactly and that rescue destroys any heroic moments in both MOS and BVS. The music and build up to when Clark gets to the revolving door and then reemerges as Superman. Beautiful moment and then he just takes of and presto the world is introduced to Superman.

Exactly and that rescue destroys any heroic moments in both MOS and BVS. The music and build up to when Clark gets to the revolving door and then reemerges as Superman. Beautiful moment and then he just takes of and presto the world is introduced to Superman.

It was perfect. Williams music does so much work there, love Clark having a look at the phone box before moving on to the revolving door. The music cue when he does the shirt rip, wow.

When she asks "who are you?" and he replies "a friend" before taking off. It was just so good and such a fantastic and heroic introduction of Superman to the world.

The very idea that someone can relate to a flying alien who can crush rocks into diamond. What a bloody absurd notion.

Superman isn't remotely relatable.

Clark Kent is.

That's the friggin point Snyder missed by a country mile.

The very idea that someone can relate to a flying alien who can crush rocks into diamond. What a bloody absurd notion.

Clark Kent is.

This! This a thousand times!

I always pictured Superman to be Clark's occupation just as much as another identity. At the end of the day, he takes off the cape and just wants to have time with Lois. I don't know any working person that can't relate to that.

Clark Kent is.

Absolutely.

I've read the same thing with Batman, who here can really relate to being a billionaire playboy and having your parents murdered in front of you as a kid?

Escapism, that's what these films are for me. I don't want to relate my own crap life to these guys thank you very much, just show me the heroics and take me away to a better place for a couple of hours.

Clark Kent is.

i thought exactly the opposite way!

that Snyder made superman very human... Clark Kent is real and superman is just his dream / disguise when he did the saving act.

therefore he has doubt on his dream (superman) when people actually suffered more before of his superman...

we have very different brain waves i guess. :D

Clark Kent is.

It's about an orphan child with a special gift that he didn't ask for and yearns for a simple life but ultimately accepts the responsibility that his gift brings.

That's a very human story about what great things can result from learning to be selfless.

Still not relatable?

Not in the way it's been presented in the two movies thus far, no.

It's about an orphan child with a special gift that he didn't ask for and yearns for a simple life but ultimately accepts the responsibility that his gift brings.

That's a very human story about what great things can result from learning to be selfless.

Still not relatable?

Im not an orphan and I don't have any gifts that could change the whole world so no it's not very relatable at all actually.

The depressing "I'm lonely and I don't know what to do with my life" part was relatable but then that was the worst bit because I don't want to be depressed watching a Superman film.

haha, tell that to DC / WB / Donners... they have been doing it for the last 80 years. :D

btw, there is a new theory that human is actually a clone / hybrid of alien DNA & animal DNA... alien came thousands years ago, they needed slave/ workforce who could take instruction from them... therefore they made human... somehow they went back... left us... and we regarded them as god... ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"