Henry Cavill Out as Superman Amid Warner Bros.' DC Universe Shake-Up

We would if we had a studio who knew what the f**k they were doing.

True. They seem to be on the up and up, though.

Think of it this way: they’re the ones who hired Cavill in the first place. It’s not unreasonable to assume that they could also find a good replacement if necessary.

giacomo-gianniotti.jpg

Forbes ran an article concerning MOS2, aka more bad news. But it revealed that a) WB wants a movie that will be praised by everyone, and not another MOS (which is everyone's fault, not the film). And b) they want a name director, which is harder in selling them the character, especially when Superman's name is on the table with other characters they'd like to make a movie out of.

Forbes ran an article concerning MOS2, aka more bad news. But it revealed that a) WB wants a movie that will be praised by everyone, and not another MOS (which is everyone's fault, not the film). And b) they want a name director, which is harder in selling them the character, especially when Superman's name is on the table with other characters they'd like to make a movie out of.

Actually, if people didn't like it, it is the film's fault :cwink:

As with any rumour still take with a pinch of salt cause Forbes gets plenty wrong too but

2) If they do want a name director then that’s most likely what’s causing the delay. They should take a chance on someone really as I think Superman needs something fresh.

To be fair: I get it. They took multiple chances on Snyder, and that didn’t turn out too well. But I do agree that waiting for some big name director to pitch them something will likely result in a long wait. There aren’t too many Superman fans in Hollywood, it seems.

To be fair: I get it. They took multiple chances on Snyder, and that didn’t turn out too well. But I do agree that waiting for some big name director to pitch them something will likely result in a long wait. There aren’t too many Superman fans in Hollywood, it seems.

Problem is you just know WB will pass on someone who will then make it big and then theyll have to pay over the odds for that person. What they need to is get a little technical and look at some directors who have the talent but maybe haven’t yet spread their wings with a big project.

I think there are plenty of Superman fans who are directors but they seem to either think Donner nailed it so well that it doesn’t need doing or they’re intimidated by it.

I pretty much just want to see Brainiac vs Superman and I’ll be happy.

Dumbasses should’ve skipped Zod altogether and used Brainiac for MOS. He could be somewhat responsible for Krypton’s destruction as well just like in STAS. I’ve never been a big fan of General Zod outside of Terrence Stamp’s excellent portrayal in the Donner films.

I pretty much just want to see Brainiac vs Superman and I’ll be happy.

Dumbasses should’ve skipped Zod altogether and used Brainiac for MOS. He could be somewhat responsible for Krypton’s destruction as well just like in STAS. I’ve never been a big fan of General Zod outside of Terrence Stamp’s excellent portrayal in the Donner films.
Yeah, I still contend that with maybe one or two more rewrites, Brainiac could have - and SHOULD have - easily been the villain of MOS. I mean, just look at the Black Zero as it's attempting to level Metropolis - slap a gigantic, stylized skull on top of it, and you've basically got Brainiac's ship; also, Zod's overall plan in the movie isn't all that far off from Brainiac's usual M.O. either.

I remember feeling disappointed when we found out Zod was the villain of MOS. Everyone, and I mean everyone wanted a combination of Lex and Brainiac. Latino Review even posted a story claiming those two were the villains and everyone was hyped.

There have been a couple of directors stating their interest in directing Superman at one time or another that I think would consider it, especially if given a clean slate.

I agree with BH/HHH, it would be wise of WB to look at up and coming talented directors who have yet to hit it big and see the project as true career advancement as well as caring for the character. A lot of big shot directors are weary of big named franchises. Not just Superman.

I didn't have much of a problem with Zod being the villain. He wasn't the problem with the film, even though Shannon wasn't as good as Stamp's performance.

Travis Knight is still my first choice, but if we’re gonna be waiting a while no matter what...come through, Matthew Vaughn. Finish up all those other projects I don’t care about and make my boy fly again. :o

I remember feeling disappointed when we found out Zod was the villain of MOS. Everyone, and I mean everyone wanted a combination of Lex and Brainiac. Latino Review even posted a story claiming those two were the villains and everyone was hyped.

I understand that, I think we all wanted some villains from the comics we hadn’t seen before.

You could do Man of Steel it’s Brainiac quite easily.

Travis Knight is still my first choice, but if we’re gonna be waiting a while no matter what...come through, Matthew Vaughn. Finish up all those other projects I don’t care about and make my boy fly again. :o

I really think they should make a play for Travis Knight.

I couldn’t agree more. I’ll be legitimately disappointed at first if he doesn’t get the gig.

I think whoever gets it I’d be excited at getting another Superman movie but I get what you mean. I feel like he’s gonna move on to better and better things, they’d be on to a winner snapping him up now.

I understand that, I think we all wanted some villains from the comics we hadn’t seen before.

You could do Man of Steel it’s Brainiac quite easily.

I really think they should make a play for Travis Knight.

Hugh Laurie as Brainiac....drops the mic!:smf:

I dunno I love Man of Steel but it’s divisive for a reason. I don’t think we can really call it underrated as people like what they like.

Are we reopening the referendum on MOS??

I think with a few tweaks that movie would have been loved by mostly everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"