The Dark Knight Rises HONEST Answers Only... Did You Cry? (SPOILERS)

I teared up a little during John explaining his childhood to Bruce, but that was for purely personal reasons.

:hehe:

imageuegi.jpg

I dunno why everyone is speculating it was romantic. Seemed obvious to me it was more of him being a big brother/father figure protecting her. That kind of love, not romantically.

I dunno why everyone is speculating it was romantic. Seemed obvious to me it was more of him being a big brother/father figure protecting her. That kind of love, not romantically.

Honestly it could've gone either way. The way Talia said that Bane "loved [her]"; then she says "Goodbye, my friend." And then clearly disobeying her by attempting to kill Bats. Personally I'd call that a pretty nasty friendzoning :hehe: but that's how I interpreted it.

Is it safe to say that no one shed tears when Dagget had his face crushed? I was glad to see that guy get gone.

Alfred at the end breaking down had me welling up with tears and then Bruce revealing to Gordon who he really is. I will say the Bane shedding tears didn't effect me the first time, but on my second viewing today I really felt bad for him. Only for a second though because then you realize what a bastard he was for doing everything to the people of Gotham and Bruce.

Cried like a baby when Alfred said I failed you, and that they trusted him.

I did get emotional when Alfred was at the funeral looking at the bruce wayne's grave saying I failed you.

Last edited:
I didn't cry, but I was emotional during that three or four minute stretch from where Batman tells Gordon who he really is to the bomb detonating to Alfred at the funeral.

Started to with the Gordon Tale of Two Cities voiceover, and Alfred crying, then the Blake stuff happened and I was
SLJ.gif

So ultimately, no.

I didn't cry at any point of the movie, but a few scenes did make me feel awfully sad. Not to the point of crying (few films ever got me to that level), but there were a few.

...specifically, every scene with Alfred. Michael Cane is unbelievable. Just everything about his role in this movie is emotional. It just is a really sad character in a sad situation...especially when he leaves the house, and that scene at the end at the grave yard.

I can't believe more people didn't get choked up over Talia's goodbye to Bane.

HE EVEN CRIED FOR F**KS SAKE!!!

Alfred at Bruce's Funeral.

Batman revealing to Gordon his identity.

And when Blake is on top of the base and it starts to rise...I lost it.
because that was the end of one of my most beloved trilogies.

I can't wait to see it again. :)

You mean ROBIN. His name isnt John Robin Blake. It's Robin Blake.

If my friends weren't around when Alfred lost it at the gravesite, I would've bawled a pool.

I got goosebumps when Batman revealed his identity to Gordon, but that was it.

I was with a girl I've been seeing for not-too-long last night.

There's that explosion at the climax and Blake says 'This is it!', and the Bat flies into view and the kid yells "No...it's Batman!'.
My eyes just started welling up. And I knew that the lights would be coming up in a couple of minutes, and if she saw tears in my eyes I would look ridiculous.
I spent that whole falling action-ending trying to restrain any emotion and wipe my eyes a couple of times without it being noticed.
Talk about tense moments.

Its ok to cry. I cry all the time. You shouldve seen me at the end of "Milk". I bawled like a f**king BABY.

The first time, I got a tad choked up when Batman "died".

On my second viewing, for some reason, I burst out in tears when Bruce is revealed to be alive. I know he's a fictional character, but I was so happy for him, I honestly couldn't take it.

Am I one of the only ones who didn't think Bane loved Talia romantically? I saw it more as a Bruce/Alfred relationship. Bane was like a surrogate father/big brother to Talia in the prison much like Alfred was a surrogate father to Bruce.

Anyways, the Alfred losing it at Bruce's funeral nearly made me lose it, and the ending when Alfred eyes just stop and fixate (at this point everyone remembers the fantasy he had and knows bruce is right across the table), I was about to cry tears of joy.

Micheal Caine made me shed a couple of tears. His scene at the grave and when he tells Bruce about the note to Racheal really got me.

Oh, and when you thought he was dead. It didn't make me cry, but certainly got sad.

Which part? When at the end, where you obviously knew that Bruce wasn't dead? or when him and Bruce break up in the middle of the film?

I could fear the tears coming throughout the ending... But I lost it when Alfred lost it.

I have to be really attached the characters & story to cry during a movie. Well done Nolan...well done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"