The Dark Knight Rises HONEST Answers Only... Did You Cry? (SPOILERS)

Only one scene made me cry was when Batman said "Anyone can be a hero. Even someone doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat over a young boys shoulders to let him know the world isn't over". Not just because it was an emotional callback to Begins but just because the line rings true in our world today, and no matter what you're a fan of, be it Barman, Spider-Man, Marvel or DC, ultimately that is one lesson that we can all agree with.

I got emotional at the very last moments of the credits. The crescendo of the Batman theme... the brass slowly getting louder and then the popular bat noise FX as it fades away followed by the text 'The Dark Knight Rises' it was then that I realized this trilogy is over. It was a tough pill to swallow.

Anytime Alfred got emotional, I got emotional.

Mr. Caine was phenomenal throughout.

I didn't really cry during the movie but I think it was because of the IMAX overwhelming me and robbing me of my emotions. However, there are several scenes right now that I'm thinking about and they're making me emotional. I think these scenes will me cry on my 2nd viewing.

- Bruce/Alfred confrontation ("goodbye Alfred" :waa:)
- Bruce/Gordon reveal
- Alfred at the funeral

I sobbed like a baby.
Like a baby, uncontrollably. When my Batman, the hero of childhood was flying over the sea, about to face fatality, I lost it. I also started crying when he was about to jump without the rope. I thought for a moment that this might be the moment when Bruce dies. The last five minutes, I was a mess. THE LOOK TO ALFRED. DEAR LORD. Thank you, Nolan. IN NOLAN I TRUST!

I didn't cry but

Alfred losing it at Bruce's Funeral
and
Batman revealing to Gordon that he was Bruce Wayne the whole time

were poignant.

I got choked up four times:

Batman on the Batpod, reappearing after 8 years.
Gordon telling Blake what a friend he had in The Batman.
Batman revealing to Gordon who he really is.
Alfred at the graves.

All through the movie I kept saying to myself, "this is so good."

I didn't cry but

Alfred losing it at Bruce's Funeral
and
Batman revealing to Gordon that he was Bruce Wayne the whole time

were poignant.

Puhhh-lease, you cried tears of joy everytime Selina graced the screen.

nope, closest was Alfred at the grave site.

I definitely would've went if the cafe scene was played for emotion, with Alfred being genuinely shocked and tearing up with joy upon seeing Bruce.

Michael Caine laughing, with a big smile and tears welling up. EVERYONE would be crying.

I cried once during the Bruce-Alfred scene with Alfred leaving. A lot of moments got my eyes teary.

Well, there is no option on the poll for me. I didn't cry, not because I'm a tough gal, but simply because I was not sad in any part of the movie. It's a good movie, but not on an emotional level for me.

I cried in the last scene of TDK when Batman was leaving and Commisoner Gordon was narrating Batman's heroism.
I almost cried in TDKR when Bruce made the leap. I almost cried when Batman left Gotham with the nuclear bomb. When Alfred lost it,
I almost lost it. When Batman told Gordon who he was I almost started sobbing. Maybe my tear ducts have stopped functioning?

Last edited:
Sat next to a man at KOP IMAX Midnight showing who was crying at the end. Much respect.

I was choked up when:

- Batman revealed himself to Gordon
- Wayne Manor was converted

I cried when:

-Alfred left
-Alfred cried at grave plot
-Alfred discovered Bruce and Selinain Italy
-And when Bruce escaped.

Nolan made the heart of this critic grow three sizes.

I managed to hold it all in, although my eyes were watering. If not for the scene with Bruce at the restaurant, plus JGL, the water works would have started. My sadness quickly turned to happiness.

Last edited:
It didn't necessarily make me want to cry but but I was blnking my eyes avoiding the waterworks during Alfred's revelation of Rachel's letter and Bruce's tearful "goodbye Alfred".

Alfred was the thing that tore at my heart the most, all his scenes were the best, and at the funeral!! :waa: If I could still shed tears I would have

My first viewing I almost shed a tear when Bane broke the Bat and then I definitely cried at the very end with such an amazing ending.

The second time? I still cried at the ending. Just something so amazing about a conclusion of a film series; I had the same feeling with Return of the King at the end.

I didn't cry, but Blake's scenes always strike a chord with me. It strikes the same chords that THE DARK KNIGHT ending did. But, mainly comes from seeing things through Blake's eyes as an orphan who always looked up to Batman as one of the orphaned heroes and therefore role models. Other than that, from a non-bias standpoint, not really. ALSO almost cried when Bruce revealed his identity to Gordon.

Last edited:
Didn't actually cry but was close to becoming tearful and chocked.

1) Alfred at Bruce' grave.

2) Batman taking bomb over the ocean and later on watching the mushroom cloud explosion.

3)Bruce climbing out successfully from the pit with bats .

4) Alfred getting a glimpse of Bruce and Selina at cafe in Florence.

Nothing made me cry but I was pretty choked up when Alfred told Bruce he's loved him ever since he first heard his cries in the room upstairs.
Caine is such a beautiful bastard!!

I can be a man and admit, yeah..I cried a lil' bit. I tried to hold it in, but it creeped out during certian moments. The whole ending had my emotions all over the place. It started with Batman's reveal to Gordon who he was. The WAY he revealed himself..that was emotional. But I lost it when Alfred lost it. I invested a lot of emotion into Alfred's caring nature and to see him believe he had failed was heartbreaking. Even slighting thinking about that moment has me tearing up a bit.

The first time, I got a tad choked up when Batman "died".

On my second viewing, for some reason, I burst out in tears when Bruce is revealed to be alive. I know he's a fictional character, but I was so happy for him, I honestly couldn't take it.

The music, the way that ending played out. The 2nd time i saw it man, I was fighting back hard. Such an amazing powerful moment.

I got choked up and held a lot of it in at pretty much the same parts as everyone else (even on my 4th viewing of the film). When it releases on blu-ray and I watch it for the first time alone I'm sure the tears won't be afraid to fall then.

not a tear was shed. I was actually mad about the idea of batman dying, only to be be happy that he didn't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"