The Dark Knight Rises HONEST Answers Only... Did You Cry? (SPOILERS)

I got a little teary eyed, too.

Alfred crying at Bruce's "funeral."
Thinking Bats got blown up and dying.
Him also telling Gordon who he really was.

The only time I cried during a movie is when Godzilla melted down and dying in "Godzilla VS Destroyah."

Actually recalling, yeah, the scene of the orphans entering Wayne Manor. That one really effected me, this will sound corny, but because I felt like I could easily be one of them. The other scenes I mentioned effected me, but that one really did it.

I guess I couldv'e cried because the movie was complete garbage. I sure as hell facepalmed enough to where it probably looked like i was crying!

I guess I couldv'e cried because the movie was complete garbage. I sure as hell facepalmed enough to where it probably looked like i was crying!
I was waiting for a post like this.

I was waiting for a post like this.

Ok then. No, I didn't cry...I found too much of the movie preposterous. The movie jumped the shark countless times to the point it took away any intended emotional impact.

Oh man, when those bats came out I lost it. That was just pure emotion.
YES!
So glad I wasnt the only one .
I cried at some of the more emotional scenes later as well,
But, that was the first time and, it totally took me by surprise .

I wasn't implying you cried or anything I was just saying that I expected someone to be like "Yeah I cried.... because the movie was BAD". Nothing wrong with that of course.

Cried at the funeral scene of course, the Bruce Wayne reveal to Gordon, Batman flying away with the Bat towards the sea, the scene where Alfred leaves Bruce and reveals the letter from Rachel (I was so mad at him for both and totally on Bruces side here) and out of joy, when Alfred saw Bruce in Italy. Got teary eyed when Bruce climbed out of the prison too, thatbwas so awesome!
I am not normaly one for crying a lot in movies, but with this movie it was really wet sitting next to me. 90% tears , 10%... other stuff :woot:

I felt emotion but I didn't cry. I'm really not a manly man though.

I almost cried in the scene in The Dark Knight when Gordon comes back to life and meets his son again. It's the music.

I'm surprised that not many have brought up the scene where Alfred left Clark.

I felt bad for both in that scene, and I can't remember the last time where I saw Bruce Wayne in that type of emotional state on the big screen. To see the guy suddenly hear that everything that he had once hoped on...believing that he COULD have had a life with Rachel for the last 8 years, only to hear that she had picked Harvey over him...it's like tearing the last piece of hope.

In a way, i feel like Rachel became the very thing that Ra's had told Bruce about during their training, on how the memory of a lost loved one had become nothing but poison to those grieving; wishing at times that the person you cared about didn't exist so that you'd be spared your pain.

Also, another scene that got to me was when Bruce got back home, while it was raining at night and Miranda going inside with him. For the first time, I REALLY SAW on how lonely Bruce was. Before, he at least had Alfred..or even his rage...but here...he was a broken man who had no one around to comfort him or sustain him in any way.

I almost cried when Alfred was crying at Bruce's grave. It was so close.

This and when you see the shot of Batman's face as he's taking the bomb over the water before it explodes. I was just like "Holy ****, this is actually happening... they've killed Batman."

Those two definitely. I didn't bawl but I did get misty eyed.

I'm surprised that not many have brought up the scene where Alfred left Clark.

I felt bad for both in that scene, and I can't remember the last time where I saw Bruce Wayne in that type of emotional state on the big screen. To see the guy suddenly hear that everything that he had once hoped on...believing that he COULD have had a life with Rachel for the last 8 years, only to hear that she had picked Harvey over him...it's like tearing the last piece of hope.

In a way, i feel like Rachel became the very thing that Ra's had told Bruce about during their training, on how the memory of a lost loved one had become nothing but poison to those grieving; wishing at times that the person you cared about didn't exist so that you'd be spared your pain.

Also, another scene that got to me was when Bruce got back home, while it was raining at night and Miranda going inside with him. For the first time, I REALLY SAW on how lonely Bruce was. Before, he at least had Alfred..or even his rage...but here...he was a broken man who had no one around to comfort him or sustain him in any way.

Superman was in this movie? :oldrazz:

I didn't cry during the film, but I was damn close when Alfred lost it at Bruce's funeral. I definitely fought tears during it.

I will admit that in BB, I had to hold them back a little when Bruce was telling Alfred it was his fault after the funeral. But other than that moment, I have never been teary during the Nolan films. Sure, I was emotionally invested, but I never have to fight back the tears while watching TDK or TDKR (even though I think TDK is better than BB and TDKR is about on par, overall).

Before seeing this reading everyones comments about getting teary eyed I thought was all fanboy exaggeration. Lo and behold I got all misty eyed in almost all of Alfred's scenes and actually welled up and had the single tear trickling down my face during the funeral scene. I had to discretely wipe my face without my girlfriend seeing me or else she would have let ne have it. She's a cryer so I always mess with her, lol.

The Cafe and Blake swinging into the cave both got to me, the latter because it was something i was willing to happen ever since we heard of JGL being cast.

I very nearly teared up when Batman told Gordon who he was.

That last scene with the nod, just thinking about it gives me the chills and makes my eyes tingly.

Saw it for the second time again today, and even when you know it's coming seeing Bane rescue Talia then get jumped for it, then seeing him cry as they said their final farewell, I cried. Knew it was coming this time and I still cried like a baby.

I didn't cry, but the "Goodbye Alfred" definitely sent a resounding wave through the crowd I saw it with. :/

Maybe somewhat when Bruce and Alfred said goodbye when he reveals Rachel chose Harvey Dent over him eight years before.

I didn't cry, but the scenes did feel even more poignant the second time around. Especially the ending where The Bat flies away with the bomb.

Two scenes got me: Alfred talking to Bruce's parents at the funeral and Batman revealing his identity to Gordon with the BB flashback.

Choked up when Batman was revealing to Gordon who he was & of course Alfred at the gravesite.

However I got major goosebumps and always will when I see Robin enter the cave.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"