How much do you guys think about suicide?

I was wondering how much regular people think about suicide (if you guys can be called regular people). Do they think about it at all?

How much does the average person think about suicide, or death in general? Are suicidal thoughts something to be concerned about or what?
I don't think about it at all.

"Shut up non-regular person"? That's your comeback? What are you, 12?

We would have had to be already talking for that to be considered a comeback. Seeing as how I started it, mine would be the start, yours would be the comeback, and boy "What are you, 12?" is a fantastic one. Go dye your jeans black and get pissy when someone says you aren't normal.

"How do you know what normal is? Huh? There is no normal blah blah blah"

Man, I went to my uncle's funeral today... I haven't seen him in 3 years, and he looked NOTHING like he used to.

Drinking put a ton of weight on him. And he didn't have the longer hair/beard I was used to seeing him with.

They didn't do a good job fixing him up... I could see a crack on the side of his head :csad: I almost choked up after seeing that.

Man, I went to my uncle's funeral today... I haven't seen him in 3 years, and he looked NOTHING like he used to.

They didn't do a good job fixing him up... I could see a crack on the side of his head :csad: I almost choked up after seeing that.

i know how you feel, except when my nephew did it, the damage was so extensive that he couldn't have an open casket, so my goodbye to him was to his hand, which was the only thing that was visible outside the body bag. i can still see it perfectly

we had him cremated.

I'm not looking forward to sleeping.. I can't get the image of his dead body out of my head :csad:

Drinking put a ton of weight on him. And he didn't have the longer hair/beard I was used to seeing him with.

condolences. my uncle just died very suddenly from liver cancer late last month so I can relate.

I have no sympathy for people who commit suicide, only their family and friends.

^My great uncle just died as well...he smoked and drank a lot and lived a very hard life. I can also relate to farmerfran. That is horrible how the mortician did not do a good job. The funeral director for my uncles funeral was very disorganized and it made my grandmother(his sister) very very angry. It's a shame how some people insult the dead to make a few easy bucks.

I sorta think about it sometimes. Usually it's when I've felt drained and stressed out, and I'm just going through the motions. I tend to not care when I'm in that frame of mind, and so if I'm crossing the street I'll be less cautious. I might wonder for a moment if it would be so bad if it hit me and I could just end it, finally.

I sorta think about it sometimes. Usually it's when I've felt drained and stressed out, and I'm just going through the motions. I tend to not care when I'm in that frame of mind, and so if I'm crossing the street I'll be less cautious. I might wonder for a moment if it would be so bad if it hit me and I could just end it, finally.

I always feel that the part in Fight Club where he says something to the effect of "Whenever I take a plane trip I want something to happen" was stolen from my thoughts. I don't know if it stems from lack of care or because I'm just bored and, like you, stressed...but I want that turbulence on that plane trip to turn into something more. Don't know if its the same as your crossing street thing but I take a lot of business trips so that's how I'm trying to relate.

ridiculous lag.

Yeah, it's similar. I think for me it's because when I'm going through the motions, I know eventually whatever's stressing me is going to take it's toll and I'll get swept up and overwhelmed by my emotions. So it's sort of a compulsion I have so I don't have to deal with my feelings. uggh, this sounds depressing.

I have sometimes. I'm a writer/artist. My dream is to one day become a great novelist like Frank Millar or Akira Toriyama. But somedays I feel that dream doesn't have a snowballs hell in happening. Thats my only goal in life. The only thing I want to accomplish before dying, becoming a graphic novelist. I feel if that dream will never happen, then whats the point of living? Luckly, I feel suicide is a waste, since if I did it then I'd never know if it would happen. So, I've contemplated, but doubt I ever do it over that.
Only thing I may commit suicide over, is if I ever lost my mother. In saying that I mean, I probably won't eat, won't sleep, ect. until it causes me to fall ill and die. Though thats also speculation, but thats how I've felt sometimes.

I think about suicide all the time.

The suicide of my enemies! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!
lol.Sig worthy.

Sam Cooke said it best;

"it's been too hard living, but I'm afraid to die. cuz i don't know what's up there, beyond the sky."

i'm far too scared of death to even consider suicide, although i know ppl who have committed suicide and ppl who have failed.

We would have had to be already talking for that to be considered a comeback. Seeing as how I started it, mine would be the start, yours would be the comeback, and boy "What are you, 12?" is a fantastic one. Go dye your jeans black and get pissy when someone says you aren't normal.
"How do you know what normal is? Huh? There is no normal blah blah blah"

Wow someone's got anger issues. And I'm the one who should "dye my jeans black and get pissy".
But it's funny cause you saying I'm not normal is probably the best thing you could have said to me. I am glad I'm not normal. Normal's boring. And if normal means being like you, then hell yeah I'm not.

I'd never thought about it til I read this thread.

:dry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"