The Dark Knight How should Two-Face be voiced?

Katsuro

Superhero
Reaction score
One subject that I dont think has come up is how Two-Face's voice should sound? Should the actor use his natural voice, the same he uses for Harvey, or should he fake a hoarse-sounding voice, kinda like TAs? In the comics, Two-Face's words are in a different font, suggesting a different voice. But i'm kind of afraid it might come off as sounding too forced if it's done in live action like it was in TAS. Personally, i hope for a very subtle difference in the voice, so you almost don't notice the change. This way, we could have moments where the Harvey persona slips out for a second (like in Dark Victory when Batman visits Harvey in Arkham), and Batman doesn't really seem to notice.

Two voices would be nice. My opinion, if *insert actor* uses a yuppie-like, upscale, polished, lawyer voice as Harvey, then when he changes to Two-Face that voice doesn't have to seem forced or fake. Put more emphasis on the Dent voice and the Face voice wont have to stand out as much.

I think his two identities should talk in different tones. Harvey should always be calm, cool, and collected, while Face would be angry, and full of rage, but not necessarely yelling.

ive always loved Two-face's voice from TAS and i could really hear it any other way. and Nolan pretty started using that same effect with Scarecrow and the Monster Batman.

Katsuro said:
One subject that I dont think has come up is how Two-Face's voice should sound? Should the actor use his natural voice, the same he uses for Harvey, or should he fake a hoarse-sounding voice, kinda like TAs? In the comics, Two-Face's words are in a different font, suggesting a different voice. But i'm kind of afraid it might come off as sounding too forced if it's done in live action like it was in TAS. Personally, i hope for a very subtle difference in the voice, so you almost don't notice the change. This way, we could have moments where the Harvey persona slips out for a second (like in Dark Victory when Batman visits Harvey in Arkham), and Batman doesn't really seem to notice.

I was kind of hoping for the same ting. I would also love to see a scene where Two-Face is talking to Bats or Gordon maybe and they aren't really sure which version they are talking too. As for the voice, I would prefer mainly one type of voice, but a little gravelly ( I don't know much about acid, but I bet it gives one hell of a sore throat). If there were any differences in the two personalities, maybe have Big Bad Harv speak in a louder/angrier tone, but not a different voice.

javi1024 said:
ive always loved Two-face's voice from TAS and i could really hear it any other way. and Nolan pretty started using that same effect with Scarecrow and the Monster Batman.

That would be great :up:

he should sound like that black shy woman from the police academy films.

ToddIsDead said:
I think his two identities should talk in different tones. Harvey should always be calm, cool, and collected, while Face would be angry, and full of rage, but not necessarely yelling.

word, they should definatly pimp this idea

ToddIsDead said:

i agree

javi1024 said:

yeah, I like that effect; I think that's something that's added in post-production . . .

I remember in the preview that aired w/ Smallville way back when, the scene where Batman talks to Rachel in the subway . . . I think they used the effect on BM's voice . . . I think they took it out later, because it was maybe too much . . .

ToddIsDead said:

My thoughts exactly.

Dent's voice post scarring should be deep, empowering and raspy sounding, just like the cartoon.

ANTHONYNASTI said:
Dent's voice post scarring should be deep, empowering and raspy sounding, just like the cartoon.

^Yeah,like some of that acid got on his vocal cords.

Way I see it, the voice shouldn't sound very different. When Dent's talking, he should sound articulate, very friendly, sociable, and quite inteligent. When Two Face is talking, he should sound the same. Except just a little bit off. His choice of words and how he emphasizes certain words should make him sound just a little creepy. While he should retain that feeling of being sociable, it should sound a little forced. Like a serial killer trying to befriend you, lulling you into a false sense of security so it makes for an easyer kill. And, he should sound angry. Not yelling or screaming, but simply seem rather annoyed.

The way I see it, Two Face shouldn't be drastically different from Harvey. Two Face is the Id and Ego, while Harvey is the Super Ego. Two Face is everything Harvy ever wanted, but never had the stones to try and atain. He wants everything Harvey wants. He wants to make Gotham a better place. He wants respect. He wants to show up the people who made him look like an idiot when he was younger. Except, unlike Harvey, he's perfectly willing to kill people to do that. His voice should reflect that. It should sound like Harvey, except now he's going to cut the crap and get to the point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"