How would you do THE JUSTICE LEAGUE?

The Guard

Avenger
Reaction score
Because I don't see a current or recent thread to this effect. What's your ideal JLA franchise look like? What would the plot points and major sequences be? Which members would you use, and how? How many movies? What kind of approach to the material?

I think it should be done on a truly epic scale, like the Justice League deserves. Definitely a 3 picture arc, with the first film being more of a JLA origin picture. I don't have any writing skills at all, but here are some plot points/sequences I would love to see in the movies.

-JLA 1 starts with Superman at a ceremony in Metropolis where they are unveiling their Superman monument statue in a park, when there is an unknown disturbance that Superman can hear coming from deeper within the city. He speeds off to the location to discover a scene of mass destruction, cars and injured people scattered everywhere. Superman catches a glimpse of what caused this as it speeds away. Superman gives chase, leaving Metropolis, eventually arriving in the Flash's home city. I'm drawing a blank right now on where that is, lol. Anyways, While Superman is fighting the creature, seemingly out of nowhere the Flash arrives to save Superman. The two have never met prior to this, but of course have heard of each other.

Anyways, since that started getting really long, and I don't have time to write a fanfic or anything, I'll just get back to point form.

- Each hero is introduced in their own city with the JLA gradually expanding as they are fighting across the country

- Wonder Woman's exile from Themyscara for aiding the men storyline

- Flash having a crush on WW for comic relief

- Martian Manhunter arriving and informing the group about the imminent threat

- Darkseid is the main villain, but does not appear until 2/3 into the film.

- Lex Luthor & the LOD (only renamed) are the main threat in films 2 and 3. The Joker is in the 3rd movie only.

- Batman is more or less a cameo at the end of the first movie. When the JL decides to stay together and need a location to assemble, nobody can agree where to do it. The most logical is Superman's FOS, but of course the cold affects other members of the league, so Batman arrives, says how he has been monitoring them during their battle, and offers his aid in building the space station, but does not technically want to join. He wants to be more freelance than in the league itself.

- Batman becomes a main character in the 2nd and 3rd movies. Between JL 1 and 2, Batman has been developing the brother eye to monitor the League.

- Characters I would like to see are Superman, Batman(cameo, plus 2 & 3), Wonder Woman, Flash, Martian Manhunter, Green Lantern and The Green Arrow. I don't know enough about Aquaman to see how to incorporate him into the story, but I'm sure they'll come up with something to have him in there.

Anyways, I have a lot more big picture ideas, but I don't have time to post them now. What do you think of what I have so far though?

I think it should be done on a truly epic scale, like the Justice League deserves. Definitely a 3 picture arc, with the first film being more of a JLA origin picture. I don't have any writing skills at all, but here are some plot points/sequences I would love to see in the movies.

-JLA 1 starts with Superman at a ceremony in Metropolis where they are unveiling their Superman monument statue in a park, when there is an unknown disturbance that Superman can hear coming from deeper within the city. He speeds off to the location to discover a scene of mass destruction, cars and injured people scattered everywhere. Superman catches a glimpse of what caused this as it speeds away. Superman gives chase, leaving Metropolis, eventually arriving in the Flash's home city. I'm drawing a blank right now on where that is, lol. Anyways, While Superman is fighting the creature, seemingly out of nowhere the Flash arrives to save Superman. The two have never met prior to this, but of course have heard of each other.

Anyways, since that started getting really long, and I don't have time to write a fanfic or anything, I'll just get back to point form.

- Each hero is introduced in their own city with the JLA gradually expanding as they are fighting across the country

- Wonder Woman's exile from Themyscara for aiding the men storyline

- Flash having a crush on WW for comic relief

- Martian Manhunter arriving and informing the group about the imminent threat

- Darkseid is the main villain, but does not appear until 2/3 into the film.

- Lex Luthor & the LOD (only renamed) are the main threat in films 2 and 3. The Joker is in the 3rd movie only.

- Batman is more or less a cameo at the end of the first movie. When the JL decides to stay together and need a location to assemble, nobody can agree where to do it. The most logical is Superman's FOS, but of course the cold affects other members of the league, so Batman arrives, says how he has been monitoring them during their battle, and offers his aid in building the space station, but does not technically want to join. He wants to be more freelance than in the league itself.

- Batman becomes a main character in the 2nd and 3rd movies. Between JL 1 and 2, Batman has been developing the brother eye to monitor the League.

- Characters I would like to see are Superman, Batman(cameo, plus 2 & 3), Wonder Woman, Flash, Martian Manhunter, Green Lantern and The Green Arrow. I don't know enough about Aquaman to see how to incorporate him into the story, but I'm sure they'll come up with something to have him in there.

Anyways, I have a lot more big picture ideas, but I don't have time to post them now. What do you think of what I have so far though?

Agree 100%

To do real justice (excuse the pun) to the JL, it should be done not as a film but as a one off TV series of say 18-20 episodes (approx 12-14 hours in total), the advantage would be you could slowly evolve the story, introduce characters and increase the tensions as each episode passes, you also wouldn't have the problem of confusing a JL film with the current Batman and Superman series. I've always thought a JL film, even running at around the 2.5 hour mark, can't do justice the characters, a TV series would give you the time for some really good character development, you could even have single episodes based on each characters back story. I would leave it a a one off series though, wouldn't want to overkill it.

Film 1

This is gonna sound like a rip off of the JL cartoon. But I'd go with a white martian invasion. It's a JL level threat, it gives an origin to MM (who is the least known to the public), also MM contacting the members telepathically and bringing them together to face a serious threat gives an origin to the league itself.

JLA 2

Injustice League/secret society/Legion of doom - Death of Superman. This film would feature Lex, Joker and others for the first 2/3 of the film. After the society is beaten, and some of the league members are tired and injured, Doomsday attacks. Throughout the film we are shown that the society and Doomsday are being directed by the same mysterious figure. The league falls in battle with Doomsday and Superman is the last one standing. Eventually Doomsday and Superman fight to the death. The mysterious figure is revealed as Darkseid. As the league looks to a future without the man of steal, Darkseid's invasion fleet is shown heading to Earth. And you have a dark 2nd act, in the spirit of The Empire Strikes Back.

JLA 3

The film would open with the surviving league members at the JL conference table discussing possible new members. Batman suggests that there are a great number of independant metahuman vigilantees working independantly and that an effort should be made to bring them all together. Enter Green Arrow, Dr. Fate, Hawkgirl and so forth. As the league's new members are being recruited, Gigantic Boom tubes open all around the Earth, and massive Star ships enter the atmosphere. Parademons fill the skies of Metropolis, Gotham and Every Major city on the planet, and J'onn sends out a telepathic call to all the earth's metahumans to come together and resist. As all this happens we discover that Superman is not dead, and that a krytonian robot from the fortress of solitude is reviving him. The league fights the endless hordes of parademons and star ships as Batman determines which ship must belong to Darkseid. Then he and Wonder Woman confront Darkseid, but Darkseid is too powerful. At last Superman shows up to the disbelief of Bruce and Diana and the big 3 take Darkseid down together.

That's what I'd like to see...but there are tons of good stories to adapt from the comics.

To do real justice (excuse the pun) to the JL, it should be done not as a film but as a one off TV series of say 18-20 episodes (approx 12-14 hours in total), the advantage would be you could slowly evolve the story, introduce characters and increase the tensions as each episode passes, you also wouldn't have the problem of confusing a JL film with the current Batman and Superman series. I've always thought a JL film, even running at around the 2.5 hour mark, can't do justice the characters, a TV series would give you the time for some really good character development, you could even have single episodes based on each characters back story. I would leave it a a one off series though, wouldn't want to overkill it.

I see what you're saying, but I don't think it would work as a TV series. Though I would love to see a 12-14 hour JL story, TV programs all revolve around ratings and consistent viewers to make money, and given that, there is no way a TV series could receive even close to the budget needed to make the Justice League look good. Plus would you really want the JL with commercial breaks and such? I could see it now being like the cartoon with mini cheesy cliffhangers between commercial breaks, and I would not be a fan of that.

Also, this would require a lot of people to become a lot more invested in the show, needing to make sure to be home at the same every week and schedule time to watch it. The beauty about movies is that it's a good way to kill a couple hours and have a good time on a weekend, and you can basically walk in when you have some time and get the whole experience. Plus guys can usually convince their girlfriends to suffer through a couple hours of a movie like that, but it would be really hard to get them to watch the show every week.

I do see how it may seem rushed, but I don't think there's really too many ways around that. I do think that in the right hands, a trilogy of movies could do the characters justice ( :word: )

How I would do JL?

From Behind :ninja:

A little bit more serious: I would make it a trilogy. All three movies tightly connectet. LOTR/Star Wars style and not X-Men style. The death of Superman should be the end of the second movie. The plot must go over three movies and not a new plot for every movie (hence LOTR/Star Wars type and not X-Men type trilogy).

I don't want them to go all crazy with the plot. No stupid clones and so on.

How I would do JL?

From Behind :ninja:

A little bit more serious: I would make it a trilogy. All three movies tightly connectet. LOTR/Star Wars style and not X-Men style. The death of Superman should be the end of the second movie. The plot must go over three movies and not a new plot for every movie (hence LOTR/Star Wars type and not X-Men type trilogy).

I don't want them to go all crazy with the plot. No stupid clones and so on.

I completely agree.

I see what you're saying, but I don't think it would work as a TV series. Though I would love to see a 12-14 hour JL story, TV programs all revolve around ratings and consistent viewers to make money, and given that, there is no way a TV series could receive even close to the budget needed to make the Justice League look good. Plus would you really want the JL with commercial breaks and such? I could see it now being like the cartoon with mini cheesy cliffhangers between commercial breaks, and I would not be a fan of that.

Also, this would require a lot of people to become a lot more invested in the show, needing to make sure to be home at the same every week and schedule time to watch it. The beauty about movies is that it's a good way to kill a couple hours and have a good time on a weekend, and you can basically walk in when you have some time and get the whole experience. Plus guys can usually convince their girlfriends to suffer through a couple hours of a movie like that, but it would be really hard to get them to watch the show every week.

I do see how it may seem rushed, but I don't think there's really too many ways around that. I do think that in the right hands, a trilogy of movies could do the characters justice ( :word: )

If a studio is willing to foot the bill, there's no reason why a JL TV series couldn't look as good as a film. Think about it, not every episode would involve mind blowing special effects, in fact some may not contain any at all. And as for cliffhangers, if we're talking 24 (post season 1) style cliffhangers for each episode then I'm dead against it.

In the end each medium has it's own pros and cons, I still think TV is the best option to really do justice to the characters and tell an awesome story, but for wham, bam thank you mam action and little focus plot and character, film is the way to go.

The First movie.
Heroes: Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Latern(Hal Jordan), Flash(Wally West), Martian Manhunter, Black Canary, and Aquaman.

Villains: Darkseid, Kalibak, Lashina, Mad Harriet, Desaad, Steppenwolf, Virman Vundabar, Stompa, Granny Goodness, Gilotina, Bernadeth, Devilance the Pursuer, and thousands of paradenoms and dog soliders.

Supporting: Mera, Lois Lane, Alfred Pennyworth, Jor-El, Quenn Hippolyta, Metron, and Lord Orm a.k.a Ocean Master.

Note to Reader
The reason why I replaced New Genesis with Krypton is because having New Genesis as the planet Apokolips was at war with would take to long. This is a Justice League movie, not a New Gods movie (sadly). The main focus should be the Justice League, Apokolips, and how Earth reacts to the invasion. Another thing is that if Apokolips attacked Earth with New Genesis as the planet keeping Apokolips in check, New Genesis would fight off and protect Earth from his forces. Which means there is no point of a Justice League being formed. Since Krypton was destroyed, this makes the Justice League being Earth's only hope to fight against Darkseid and his armies.

For thousands of years, Krypton and Apokolips have been at war. Krypton is trying to prevent Apokolips' ruler, Darkseid from finding Anti-Life Equation. The Anti-Life Equation allows the person who knows it control over all living things. This was also a personal war, Darkseid has a personal hate for all kryptonians especially Jor-El. Darkseid hates Jor-El for declaring war on him violating his direct order not invade other planets for " a thing that problemy doesn't exist". Darkseid claims that kryptonians are preventing him from "bringing order to the universe". Even though in reality, Darkseid's greatest ambition is to eliminate all freewill from the universe and re-shape it into his own image. After Krypton exploded, Darkseid terrorized the universe by conquering planet after planet. Darksed became very angry that in all the planets he conquered, there was no signs of the Anti-life-Equation. Then Desaad tells him that kryptonian is still alive and is on the planet Earth. Not only that, it is the son of Jor-El. He also says Earth may be the planet that holds the Anti-Life Equation. Darkseid is hungry for revenge after being hummilated by Krypton for years. He wants pay back for "the sins of his father". Darkseid launches a full scale invasion towards Earth. Darkseid with the Anti-Life Equation to build a new empire and he will start his new empire on Earth by making it the New Apokolips.

J'onn J'onzz a.k.a Martian Manhunter walks across the arid, red sufface of Mars with his head down. He is lonely and depressed because thousands of years ago, Mars had a civil war between the White Martians, and the Green Martians. This wiped out their entire race and J'onn was the only survivor of that war. All of a sudden, he hears a huge boom. He looks up in the sky and sees something that looks a swirling worm hole. He soon realizes it is a boom tube from Apokolips. J'onn is no strangler to Darkseid. Darkseid had once invaded Mars in his mad quest for the Anti-Life Equation, but it failed. J'onn heads toward Earth in a spacecraft of his to warn them of Apokolian invasion.

J'onn with the help from Batman lands Earth mentally contacts Superman, Black Canary, and the Flash to fight off the invasion. However, Darkseid's armies too powerful and have already conquered most the world. J'onn mentally contacts Princess Diana a.k.a Wonder Woman, King Orin a.k.a Aquaman, and air force pilot turned slave Hal Jordan who has just recieved a power ring from a captured Green Latern, Abin Sur. Together they fight off Darkseid forces. In the third act, Superman comfronts a calm and not surpised Darkseid in his newly built palence. Darkseid has been waiting for this for a long time. They braw in a ultimate battle throught throughtout what used to be Metropolis and Superman even tries to throw Darkseid to the sun, but fails. The fight continues until time stops literally when a strange being called Metron offers Flash the ultimate deal with the devil, the Anti-Life Equation. Metron and Flash are the only being that are not paused. Metron tells him that the Anti-Life Equation is actually the only way to kill Darkseid. The arrive at the Source Wall. Metron himself is unwilling or unable to take him any further, and warns Flash that only a "twelfth-level intellect" can survive the attempt to pass it. Flash states that he is overqualified then runs as fast as he through a passage that openis to other side of the wall. Apparently he is correct, as shortly after he appears again on Earth, and in possession of the Anti-Life Equation. Flash offers it to Darkseid. The others yell not to give it. Darkseid has in his hands. However, he soon realizes to his horror that equation's power is far to powerful. Darkseid tries to hold it harder but he feels more pain. Darkseid dies in a blast cause by the Equation. Everyone is amazed. Bruce decides to build a space station over Earth as defense for extraterrestrial attacks. Superman suggests that the league should be permanent and not just protect Earth from extraterrestrial attacks but also other problems as well. Everyone agrees and decide to use the space station as headquters. However, Batman says he has other things to do, but when they need help, "call me and you will"

Justice League should be one film. And that's my opinion.

A one off film, opening with the death of a green lantern, we see a green comet hurtling through space, it's a GL fighting something horrific, and they eventually smack into earth, hence the threat etc, blah blah blah, there was a thread like this before, and people were mocking up quick scripts etc, I probably have one kikcing around somewhere.

My idea of a JL film franchise would actually start small and allow for character development, rather than open up with three hours of eye candy. The plot of the film would be sort of a variant cross between "For The Man Who Has Everything" and the sci-fi classic "The Thing From Another World", with elements from the last stretch of "Reign Of The Supermen" thrown in - basically the heroes lured into the Arctic and cut off from the rest of the world while Mongul plans something that could potentially destroy the planet (although that wouldn't necessarily be his outright aim) that involves the Fortress of Solitude.

Since the film would also be a variation of the "Seven Samurai" premise, there would only be seven Leaguers: Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman are all necessities (as it's clear now that WB would never green-light a JL movie that didn't have the three of them in it) and will all already be "at work" when the movie starts. As for the others, Green Lantern and the Flash are also locks, but as for which versions, I'd actually go with Alan Scott (since he's the one GL who hasn't gotten any real screen time - even that botched TV pilot had Guy Gardner in it) and Jay Garrick with their own origins and costumes updated. The other two slots I'm not so sure about, though as a nod to the DCAU I'd probably throw in Hawkgirl, and being as much a kid of the '80s as I am maybe I'd add Cyborg too.

Supporting cast would be limited, but I'd definitely have Alfred and Lois in there somewhere (Lois would probably know Clark is Superman and be in a relationship with him, but they haven't married). Jor-El's simulacrum and Kelex would probably also appear briefly.

Some general prinicples:
- All trilogies should follow the LOTR/SW model in terms of the tone and who dominates each particular movie.
- Each hero needs a great intro in their own environment, doing what they do best/most often
- Superman should be 27 and Batman should be 33
- The more Green Lantern, the better
- Lex Luthor needs to be involved in one of the movies, though Joker is optional
- Wonder Woman and Supes need to have sexual tension, while Batman is busy actually hitting it with every supermodel in sight as Bruce Wayne.
- That giant Indian from Superfriends gets introduced in the second act of the second movie

Justice League should be one film. And that's my opinion.
As long as it comes at the end of a two or three movie run for Bats and Supes with at least a GL (my personal favorite outside Superman) stand alone, too. I'd actually prefer one movie at the end, but I don't think that's what we're getting.

I'm with you man. I'll always prefer a series or even a mini-series to a movie. More time for character development and a larger story arc. I see no reason why a JLA story cannot be pulled off in a 6 or 8 hour miniseries. Then run it on one of the premium channels, or on a network with limited commercial interruption (like they did for Heroes a couple times) over the course of a couple weekends and after the last episode is aired the DVD will the put on sale soon after. Can you imagine how people will go nutz over the greatest heroes ever on TV? It would be a ratings giant and the DVD sales would go through the roof (maybe even 24 numbers).

Film 1

This is gonna sound like a rip off of the JL cartoon. But I'd go with a white martian invasion. It's a JL level threat, it gives an origin to MM (who is the least known to the public), also MM contacting the members telepathically and bringing them together to face a serious threat gives an origin to the league itself.

JLA 2

Injustice League/secret society/Legion of doom - Death of Superman. This film would feature Lex, Joker and others for the first 2/3 of the film. After the society is beaten, and some of the league members are tired and injured, Doomsday attacks. Throughout the film we are shown that the society and Doomsday are being directed by the same mysterious figure. The league falls in battle with Doomsday and Superman is the last one standing. Eventually Doomsday and Superman fight to the death. The mysterious figure is revealed as Darkseid. As the league looks to a future without the man of steal, Darkseid's invasion fleet is shown heading to Earth. And you have a dark 2nd act, in the spirit of The Empire Strikes Back.

JLA 3

The film would open with the surviving league members at the JL conference table discussing possible new members. Batman suggests that there are a great number of independant metahuman vigilantees working independantly and that an effort should be made to bring them all together. Enter Green Arrow, Dr. Fate, Hawkgirl and so forth. As the league's new members are being recruited, Gigantic Boom tubes open all around the Earth, and massive Star ships enter the atmosphere. Parademons fill the skies of Metropolis, Gotham and Every Major city on the planet, and J'onn sends out a telepathic call to all the earth's metahumans to come together and resist. As all this happens we discover that Superman is not dead, and that a krytonian robot from the fortress of solitude is reviving him. The league fights the endless hordes of parademons and star ships as Batman determines which ship must belong to Darkseid. Then he and Wonder Woman confront Darkseid, but Darkseid is too powerful. At last Superman shows up to the disbelief of Bruce and Diana and the big 3 take Darkseid down together.

That's what I'd like to see...but there are tons of good stories to adapt from the comics.

That's ****in' awesome. :woot:

Film 1

JLA 2

JLA 3

JL/JLU viewer :)

The First movie.
Heroes: Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Latern(Hal Jordan), Flash(Wally West), Martian Manhunter, Black Canary, and Aquaman.

Villains: Darkseid, Kalibak, Lashina, Mad Harriet, Desaad, Steppenwolf, Virman Vundabar, Stompa, Granny Goodness, Gilotina, Bernadeth, Devilance the Pursuer, and thousands of paradenoms and dog soliders.

Supporting: Mera, Lois Lane, Alfred Pennyworth, Jor-El, Quenn Hippolyta, Metron, and Lord Orm a.k.a Ocean Master.

Note to Reader
The reason why I replaced New Genesis with Krypton is because having New Genesis as the planet Apokolips was at war with would take to long. This is a Justice League movie, not a New Gods movie (sadly). The main focus should be the Justice League, Apokolips, and how Earth reacts to the invasion. Another thing is that if Apokolips attacked Earth with New Genesis as the planet keeping Apokolips in check, New Genesis would fight off and protect Earth from his forces. Which means there is no point of a Justice League being formed. Since Krypton was destroyed, this makes the Justice League being Earth's only hope to fight against Darkseid and his armies.

For thousands of years, Krypton and Apokolips have been at war. Krypton is trying to prevent Apokolips' ruler, Darkseid from finding Anti-Life Equation. The Anti-Life Equation allows the person who knows it control over all living things. This was also a personal war, Darkseid has a personal hate for all kryptonians especially Jor-El. Darkseid hates Jor-El for declaring war on him violating his direct order not invade other planets for " a thing that problemy doesn't exist". Darkseid claims that kryptonians are preventing him from "bringing order to the universe". Even though in reality, Darkseid's greatest ambition is to eliminate all freewill from the universe and re-shape it into his own image. After Krypton exploded, Darkseid terrorized the universe by conquering planet after planet. Darksed became very angry that in all the planets he conquered, there was no signs of the Anti-life-Equation. Then Desaad tells him that kryptonian is still alive and is on the planet Earth. Not only that, it is the son of Jor-El. He also says Earth may be the planet that holds the Anti-Life Equation. Darkseid is hungry for revenge after being hummilated by Krypton for years. He wants pay back for "the sins of his father". Darkseid launches a full scale invasion towards Earth. Darkseid with the Anti-Life Equation to build a new empire and he will start his new empire on Earth by making it the New Apokolips.

J'onn J'onzz a.k.a Martian Manhunter walks across the arid, red sufface of Mars with his head down. He is lonely and depressed because thousands of years ago, Mars had a civil war between the White Martians, and the Green Martians. This wiped out their entire race and J'onn was the only survivor of that war. All of a sudden, he hears a huge boom. He looks up in the sky and sees something that looks a swirling worm hole. He soon realizes it is a boom tube from Apokolips. J'onn is no strangler to Darkseid. Darkseid had once invaded Mars in his mad quest for the Anti-Life Equation, but it failed. J'onn heads toward Earth in a spacecraft of his to warn them of Apokolian invasion.

J'onn with the help from Batman lands Earth mentally contacts Superman, Black Canary, and the Flash to fight off the invasion. However, Darkseid's armies too powerful and have already conquered most the world. J'onn mentally contacts Princess Diana a.k.a Wonder Woman, King Orin a.k.a Aquaman, and air force pilot turned slave Hal Jordan who has just recieved a power ring from a captured Green Latern, Abin Sur. Together they fight off Darkseid forces. In the third act, Superman comfronts a calm and not surpised Darkseid in his newly built palence. Darkseid has been waiting for this for a long time. They braw in a ultimate battle throught throughtout what used to be Metropolis and Superman even tries to throw Darkseid to the sun, but fails. The fight continues until time stops literally when a strange being called Metron offers Flash the ultimate deal with the devil, the Anti-Life Equation. Metron and Flash are the only being that are not paused. Metron tells him that the Anti-Life Equation is actually the only way to kill Darkseid. The arrive at the Source Wall. Metron himself is unwilling or unable to take him any further, and warns Flash that only a "twelfth-level intellect" can survive the attempt to pass it. Flash states that he is overqualified then runs as fast as he through a passage that openis to other side of the wall. Apparently he is correct, as shortly after he appears again on Earth, and in possession of the Anti-Life Equation. Flash offers it to Darkseid. The others yell not to give it. Darkseid has in his hands. However, he soon realizes to his horror that equation's power is far to powerful. Darkseid tries to hold it harder but he feels more pain. Darkseid dies in a blast cause by the Equation. Everyone is amazed. Bruce decides to build a space station over Earth as defense for extraterrestrial attacks. Superman suggests that the league should be permanent and not just protect Earth from extraterrestrial attacks but also other problems as well. Everyone agrees and decide to use the space station as headquters. However, Batman says he has other things to do, but when they need help, "call me and you will"
What do you guys think of mine?

^ No offence but from a neutral perspective it's hard to follow, it may be how you've written it, I'm not sure, plus there looks like way to many characters for one movie.

I haven't thought through an actual plot or cast, but I think the most important thing about JLA is balancing the fantastic, fun elements (ala Transformers, Spiderman) with heart (ala X-Men, Superman Returns) and a sense of drama and plausibility (ala Batman Begins). It doesn't have to be "light" or "dark". It doesn't have to be "serious" or "campy". Balance is what it's all about.

IMO, Lord of the Rings is a series that has walked that line better than pretty much any other series. They have wide appeal because they combine those elements and make you believe it without becoming a parody of itself, an ill that plagued films like Spiderman, IMO. We don't need the kids yelling "Sweet!" or the snarky one-liners to appeal to kids, just some cool visuals and an engaging plot. And it doesn't need to be overly dark or violent to appeal to adults, we just need, well, some cool visuals and an engaging plot. :D

Of course all of this starts with good writers who care enough to work at it. Do we have that for JLA right now? I don't really know. But I do know that great actors and directors don't mean crap without a good script.

Some of the ideas on here are absolutely terrible simply because they're movie ideas based solely on a love for comic books. They don't translate well and seem too geeky to pull off on the big screen.

My advice for a JL movie is to go balls to the wall. No holding back like the X-Men films, which rarely feature teamwork or group interaction in more than couples or trios. Build up to a Justice League team battle, make the fans want it, and at the end of the movie, give it to them 100% without sacrificing anything. That means you don't make the other members all morons so Batman can outwit them, you don't weaken Superman so he isn't doing the brunt of the work, etc. You do them right. It's a lopsided team and at first glance some are gods and some are just people in costumes... but the heart of the story is that they're all equals. Don't dumb it down at all, don't play favorites and force the guy you think is most popular down fans' throats at the expense of the other characters. Be respectful, find a strong narrative and theme and stick to it, and don't spit on characters who will be around long after we're dead. It's got to have heart.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"