How would you do THE JUSTICE LEAGUE?

I'm very sorry to say, but I don't like none of those stories. Sorry. :(

First of all, I wouldn't do a JLA movie until the Nolan trilogy is finished, and the WB makes at least 2 more solo movies (Green Lantern, Wonder Woman). They don't have to do a solo movie introducing EVERY member of the league, and indeed guys like Aquaman or Martian Manhunter probably wouldn't be able to carry their own big budget movie. But I would like to see enough solo films so that the majority of the league is familiar to audiences. I would rather not see the JLA movie cluttered up with rushed origins and explanations for each member, or for the members to have no introductions at all, being just cyphers to the general audience.

If launching solo movies first is unrealistic, then so be it. A JLA movie is a once in a lifetime event, and I would rather not see one at all than to see one done wrong. I've lived my whole life without a JLA movie, and I can go on just fine without one.

The members will be the original 7:

Superman
Batman
Wonder Woman
Green Lantern (Hal Jordan!)
Flash (Barry Allen)
Aquaman
Martian Manhunter

Superman and Batman would ideally be played by Brandon Routh and Christian Bale, tying in to their movies. If I had it my way, GL and WW would also already have had their own solo movies, and the same actors would be reprising there roles here. Aquaman and MM are the two least-popular members, so they'll be the new characters in this movie. That works in my favor anyway, because MM can be used as a gateway character for the casual fan. The character could handle the movie's exposition, and is easily tied into an alien threat. As for the Flash, I have my own special ideas for the character, which I'll explain below.

For commercial reasons, Superman and Batman (and WW, to a lesser extent) will have to be the stars of the movie. But that doesn't mean that the other characters have to be underused. My JLA movie would be an EPIC ensemble, and around 2 and a half hours long. Not quite as long as LOTR (too long to many people), but that should be enough time to give proper attention to the various members of the cast, the way LOTR was able to do with all of its characters.

The villains would be a variation of the White Martians, sort of like what Bruce Timm did on the cartoon. They have been infiltrating the Earth prior to the massive invasion that will happen in the movie. MM will arrive on Earth to stop them, and he'll handle the explanations and be the one to pull the team together. Superman and WW will be portrayed as great, iconic heroes to the Earth's people, and the leaders of the League. While not as much in the public spotlight as those two (by his own design), Batman will be every bit if not more the leader and planner on the team.

Barry Allen would be introduced early in the movie as both a superhero, AND a "regular" guy. He doesn't come from a different civilization like most of the members, and he's nowhere near as freakishly driven and obsessive as Batman is. His origin (struck by lightning while standing near some chemicals in his lab) will be briefly shown in a flashback, but it will be intentionally mysterious, with few details. Barry himself doesn't fully understand what happened to him. He's smart and powerful, but also mild-mannered. He has a loving wife Iris, and also has a good relationship with her 19-year-old nephew Wally. Barry doesn't see himself as the icon and celebrity that Superman or WW are. His actions during the movie are what show that he belongs in their company.

During the final battle in Metropolis, most of the Leaguers will be preoccupied or incapacitated while a nuclear bomb or alien superweapon is about to go off. Barry sees the time ticking down, and knows what he must do. He grabs the bomb and races out into the ocean, where it explodes. He saves the city, but at the cost of his own life.

The people of Central City hold a symbolic burial for their fallen hero. The League members, and important dignitaries from around the world, attend. The Flash's headstone is shown, with the words "The World's Greatest Hero" engraved on it.

In the final scene, Iris and Wally are picking up Barry's personal belongings in his lab, telling all his coworkers that he died during the alien attacks. The movie ends with Wally being struck by lightning, just like Barry was...

From there, they could do a Flash solo movie starring Wally. Wally is new to the whole superhero thing. He's inexperienced, doesn't feel like he measures up to Barry, and is only scratching the surface of his new power (allowing the movie to portray a Flash with lower-end powers, making it easier to write). The Flash Museum would be in the movie, showing how much the people of Central City loved Barry. Wally would initially struggle to fight off Barry's Rogues, emboldened by the death of the original Flash and on a wild crime spree. During the movie, the Speed Force would be mentioned and somewhat explained. Throw in Zoom for the climatic showdown.

JLA 2 could do what JLU did: Have the League struggle to find a balance between using their tremendous power for the good of mankind, and being seen as too authoritarian. While the public appreciates them, people are also wary of the League's power as well as the alien and foreign origins of many its members. Luthor, or some other mastermind villain, could try to manipulate public opinion against the League. Have someone named Godfrey fanning the flames. You know where this is going...

JLA 3, if they ever get to it, would be the big throwdown between the League and the forces of Apokalips.

That's my dream, epic JLA trilogy.

I'm very sorry to say, but I don't like none of those stories. Sorry.

Even this one?

The Justice League is an enormous, but relevant concept. The themes involved are timeless and very accessible, and there are all kinds of angles that can be explored, and an insane amount of possibilities. However, I really think the JLA franchise should be skewed toward "classic", but not in such a way that it prevents or interrupts successful solo franchises from being able to show key moments of a character's mythology. I envision three films, a building story, and an escalating series of events and character development issues.

THE JUSTICE LEAGUE would open with the league already existing, consisting of Superman, Diana, J'onn, The Flash (Wally West) and Green Lantern (Kyle Rayner). Eel O'Brian would be introduced in the movie as a man who helps the league to avoid a prison sentence after being transmuted during an attempted robbery. Physicist Ray Palmer would have a role as the league's resident scientist, and Bruce Wayne/The Batman would feature as a reluctant former ally. Arthur would have a role as well, mostly political, to indicate the way that the world's feelings toward the league were changing.

The initial movie would feature the public losing their once unshakeable faith in their Justice League due to a mistake on the league's part while trying to save lives, and humanity beginning to see the flaws in the league's methods. The government, specifically The President and his Secretary of Defense Amanda Waller, would distance themselves from the league. Darkseid would be the villain, and his invasion of Earth the main conflict. Darkseid's minions Kalibak and Desaad would have key roles, and his long-lost son Orion would feature as well, in a movie that utilizes elements of The New Gods to introduce Darkseid, a credible alien threat the league cannot just defeat that causes the world to re-evaluate it's feelings about metahumans and aliens. The movie would end with the league realizing that the league must be ready for future threats, and considering enlarging it's roster.

The second film in the franchise, THE JUSTICE LEAGUE: ECLIPSE would begin with the world, leery after the events of the previous movie, moving in a new direction, less willing to trust those with great power. The league would fight the alien terrorist Despero in the beginning and briefly become controlled by him, leading to widespread alien paranoia. There would be a thread of "aliens among us" throughout the movie, and this would serve as the introduction of Thanagarian bounty hunters Katar and Shayera Hol. The main plot of the movie would involve an escalation of tensions between humans and metahumans, with United Nations chairperson Vandal Savage attempting to broker peace along with King Arthur of Atlantis and Diana, the fledgling ambassador from the league. At the same time, the government would form the Checkmate organization as a response to rogue metahuman activity, enlisting the design and scientific aid of the condemned felon Lex Luthor. Vandal Savage would manipulate Lex Luthor into freeing Despero, and using Despero against J'onn J'onnz, turn several key leaguers rogue. The rogue leaguers would be opposed by Diana, Batman and his group of new recruits: Oliver Queen and Dinah Lance. and the aid of the Thanagarian bounty hunters who had been secretly on Earth, trying to locate and contain Despero amidst spreading alien paranoia. The Justice League would end up fighting it's own, as well as many liberated metahuman felons (familiar "classic" villains from the DCU). But by the end of the movie, the damage would have been done, and the league would have been forced to disband as the world began to fear their power.

The third movie in the franchise, THE JUSTICE LEAGUE: CRISIS would feature a world where, after the events of the previous film, rebellious metahumans were out of control, a la KINGDOM COME, and the United States government's reaction was swift: a full force unleashing of the Checkmate initiative. Several private businessman would be working behind the scenes to bring back The Justice League in some fashion (Ted Kord and Max Lord) despite political pressures on metahumans. In the midst of this chaotic political turmoil, the disbanded and disenchanted heroes would be alerted to a threat of cosmic proportions, the arrival of a mysterious destructive entropic force that was sweeping through the Universe, destroying entire planets. The league would have to leave Earth and travel to Thanagar, New Genesis and several other worlds in an attempt to stop this destructive force from consuming the Earth even as tensions between humans and metahumans escalated to fever pitch. The movie would climax in a massive battle aboard the mysterious villain's starship, several key sacrifices in the defense of The Earth, and a rebirth of the Justice League itself, complete with various global embassies and oversight committees across the world.

The main players in the franchise would be Superman, Diana, J'onn, The Flash, Green Lantern, Batman, Aquaman and Plastic Man, each who would have a relevant three-film character development arc, with supporting roles for Green Arrow, Black Canary, Hawkman and Hawkgirl, and minor roles for Black Lightning and Firestorm, as well as appearances from Snapper Carr, Ted Kord, Maxwell Lord, and various DCU metahumans.

What don't you like about all the concepts in this thread? And what would you like to see in a JLA franchise?

Care to read the script? I'm always looking for feedback on this damned thing. I keep thinking maybe I'll try to put it into novel form at some point. There's a distinct lack of JLA fanscripts out there. I've only read two.

Care to read the script? I'm always looking for feedback on this damned thing. I keep thinking maybe I'll try to put it into novel form at some point. There's a distinct lack of JLA fanscripts out there. I've only read two.

Sure.

Link's in my signature. Should work. The format sucks, but there's lots of punching, so it kind of makes up for it.

For my 1,000 post, I believe this is how I would do a Justice League movie...

Its quite simply really...

377980367_eb0e46a04d.jpg

For my 1,000 post, I believe this is how I would do a Justice League movie...

Its quite simply really...

So your JLA movie would be a painting that marginalizes the black man?

First of all, I wouldn't do a JLA movie until the Nolan trilogy is finished, and the WB makes at least 2 more solo movies (Green Lantern, Wonder Woman). They don't have to do a solo movie introducing EVERY member of the league, and indeed guys like Aquaman or Martian Manhunter probably wouldn't be able to carry their own big budget movie. But I would like to see enough solo films so that the majority of the league is familiar to audiences. I would rather not see the JLA movie cluttered up with rushed origins and explanations for each member, or for the members to have no introductions at all, being just cyphers to the general audience.

If launching solo movies first is unrealistic, then so be it. A JLA movie is a once in a lifetime event, and I would rather not see one at all than to see one done wrong. I've lived my whole life without a JLA movie, and I can go on just fine without one.

The members will be the original 7:

Superman
Batman
Wonder Woman
Green Lantern (Hal Jordan!)
Flash (Barry Allen)
Aquaman
Martian Manhunter

Superman and Batman would ideally be played by Brandon Routh and Christian Bale, tying in to their movies. If I had it my way, GL and WW would also already have had their own solo movies, and the same actors would be reprising there roles here. Aquaman and MM are the two least-popular members, so they'll be the new characters in this movie. That works in my favor anyway, because MM can be used as a gateway character for the casual fan. The character could handle the movie's exposition, and is easily tied into an alien threat. As for the Flash, I have my own special ideas for the character, which I'll explain below.

For commercial reasons, Superman and Batman (and WW, to a lesser extent) will have to be the stars of the movie. But that doesn't mean that the other characters have to be underused. My JLA movie would be an EPIC ensemble, and around 2 and a half hours long. Not quite as long as LOTR (too long to many people), but that should be enough time to give proper attention to the various members of the cast, the way LOTR was able to do with all of its characters.

The villains would be a variation of the White Martians, sort of like what Bruce Timm did on the cartoon. They have been infiltrating the Earth prior to the massive invasion that will happen in the movie. MM will arrive on Earth to stop them, and he'll handle the explanations and be the one to pull the team together. Superman and WW will be portrayed as great, iconic heroes to the Earth's people, and the leaders of the League. While not as much in the public spotlight as those two (by his own design), Batman will be every bit if not more the leader and planner on the team.

Barry Allen would be introduced early in the movie as both a superhero, AND a "regular" guy. He doesn't come from a different civilization like most of the members, and he's nowhere near as freakishly driven and obsessive as Batman is. His origin (struck by lightning while standing near some chemicals in his lab) will be briefly shown in a flashback, but it will be intentionally mysterious, with few details. Barry himself doesn't fully understand what happened to him. He's smart and powerful, but also mild-mannered. He has a loving wife Iris, and also has a good relationship with her 19-year-old nephew Wally. Barry doesn't see himself as the icon and celebrity that Superman or WW are. His actions during the movie are what show that he belongs in their company.

During the final battle in Metropolis, most of the Leaguers will be preoccupied or incapacitated while a nuclear bomb or alien superweapon is about to go off. Barry sees the time ticking down, and knows what he must do. He grabs the bomb and races out into the ocean, where it explodes. He saves the city, but at the cost of his own life.

The people of Central City hold a symbolic burial for their fallen hero. The League members, and important dignitaries from around the world, attend. The Flash's headstone is shown, with the words "The World's Greatest Hero" engraved on it.

In the final scene, Iris and Wally are picking up Barry's personal belongings in his lab, telling all his coworkers that he died during the alien attacks. The movie ends with Wally being struck by lightning, just like Barry was...

From there, they could do a Flash solo movie starring Wally. Wally is new to the whole superhero thing. He's inexperienced, doesn't feel like he measures up to Barry, and is only scratching the surface of his new power (allowing the movie to portray a Flash with lower-end powers, making it easier to write). The Flash Museum would be in the movie, showing how much the people of Central City loved Barry. Wally would initially struggle to fight off Barry's Rogues, emboldened by the death of the original Flash and on a wild crime spree. During the movie, the Speed Force would be mentioned and somewhat explained. Throw in Zoom for the climatic showdown.

JLA 2 could do what JLU did: Have the League struggle to find a balance between using their tremendous power for the good of mankind, and being seen as too authoritarian. While the public appreciates them, people are also wary of the League's power as well as the alien and foreign origins of many its members. Luthor, or some other mastermind villain, could try to manipulate public opinion against the League. Have someone named Godfrey fanning the flames. You know where this is going...

JLA 3, if they ever get to it, would be the big throwdown between the League and the forces of Apokalips.

That's my dream, epic JLA trilogy.

Whoa whoah whoa there. You took the ideas right from my mind. That is exactly what i want. I think it's perfect. It's epic, and it makes a lot of sense. The only thing i don't like is the trilogy thing. I don't want to confine the franchise into a trilogy, i think we can tell so much stories with the Justice League! But your chapter one is perfect!

^ That's pretty sweet. Who drew/painted that? Original?

Got no clue, just yahoo searched it and I found it...

That would be an awesome poster for the actual movie.

I thought so, I mean we are getting Wally and John right?

So your JLA movie would be a painting that marginalizes the black man?

What? Of course not. I picked it since I thought it was a very good drawing and believed it could be a very good teaser/poster for JLA. Now John Stewart, Martian and Aquaman supposedly don't have too much of a big role. You got the Big 3, but some say the Flash steals the spotlight, so I thought the drawing made sense....

I WOULD CAST:

Superman - Clive Owen
Wonder-Woman - Jessica Beil
Flash - Ryan Reynolds.
Green Lantern - Will Smith
Martian Manhunter - Paul Giamatti
Green Arrow - Ewan McGregor

NOT SURE ABOUT THE VILLIANS

NO BATMAN or No Aquaman

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"