how would you revamp the X-men

He could actually come up with a use for all those 90's pouches the X-Men had and carry small vials of his blood in them. He could be the anti-vampire, putting his blood into other people. :)
That could make for some highly ironic scenes, too. Warren would sneak up on some unsuspecting, hurt bystander, they get all panicked, and he stabs them with a syringe of his own blood yelling "it's for your own good!" while they flail about. :D

That could make for some highly ironic scenes, too. Warren would sneak up on some unsuspecting, hurt bystander, they get all panicked, and he stabs them with a syringe of his own blood yelling "it's for your own good!" while they flail about. :D

I'm afraid some writer would end up giving Warren Aids, and then he'd be spreading it to others when trying to help them. Bad idea, I know, but it was the first thing that came to mind when you talk about injecting blood, so you know some writer is going to think it's a good idea.

It'd be stupid in general, since AIDS is a disease and Warren's blood is a healing agent. Why wouldn't it just get rid of the AIDS?

It'd be stupid in general, since AIDS is a disease and Warren's blood is a healing agent. Why wouldn't it just get rid of the AIDS?
Probably have his blood protect him from the Virus but not get rid of it, so he wouldn't be affected, but other people would.

The original 5 in more of a superhero themed book taking on insane threats.

First of all, I'd trim the X-line down to just a few books. Exiles and Excalibur would be removed from the X-franchise and become Marvel Universe titles. Wolverine would only have a single solo book and only appear in it and one core book. There wouldn't be a "next generation" book since they don't sell and they don't sync up with the core books worth a damn. The core books stay at 3, but each will be given a unique tone and premise which the writers will be made to stick to. Astonishing will be the home team/public face. Uncanny will pick up the mutant police thing from X-treme. X-men will be a gritty, black ops type of book.

Some characters need a new direction or focus to reinvigorate them:

Angel: Utilize him as a businessman and influential figure instead of a soldier. In a fight, he's almost useless, but as the owner of a major corporation and political network, he can work for mutantkind in ways no one else can.

Wolverine: Lower healing factor, have him display his skill and experience, and get his personality right for once.

Nightcrawler: I think one of the best ways to reinvigorate a character is to bring them to rock bottom and have them climb their way back up. With this in mind, I'd have Kurt loose his faith and cheerfulness following some kind of personal tragedy. Have him do some soul searching in a mini and return to the swashbuckler he was in the days of old.

Gambit: As Kitsune said, it's pointless to kill a character since they'll just get brought back. I'm taking it further than just killing off the character. I would dismantle the very *concept* of Gambit so that no one will ever want to revive him. Destroy the character in the hearts and minds of fans, and there's no coming back.

Magneto: He's just irrelevant as a villain these days. Just let him join the good guys once and for all. You'd have to create a new arch-nemesis, since heroes without one don't last, but it could be done.

I'm afraid some writer would end up giving Warren Aids, and then he'd be spreading it to others when trying to help them. Bad idea, I know, but it was the first thing that came to mind when you talk about injecting blood, so you know some writer is going to think it's a good idea.
Mutants can't get AIDS. True story.

Gambit: As Kitsune said, it's pointless to kill a character since they'll just get brought back. I'm taking it further than just killing off the character. I would dismantle the very *concept* of Gambit so that no one will ever want to revive him. Destroy the character in the hearts and minds of fans, and there's no coming back.
What purpose does this really serve? You personally don't like the character, so he has to completely cease to exist? Just boot him off the team.

That said, I like the idea of Exiles and Excalibur being Marvel universe titles. Exiles was already going that way until Claremont got his grubby paws on it. So basically just kick Claremont off, put Nocturne back on with Thunderbird, make Morph Morph again, and get some non-X characters to round the team out, and it'd be good to go.

Excalibur I'd make a joint SHIELD/Interpol, pan-European team--basically the Avengers of the Eurasian continent. Combine them with Union Jack's team from his mini and trim the fat so that it's Captain Britain, Juggernaut, Pete Wisdom, Union Jack, the Black Knight, Sabra, the Arabian Knight, Sage, and others as needed. Get Chris Gage to write and Alan Davis to draw it.

What purpose does this really serve? You personally don't like the character, so he has to completely cease to exist? Just boot him off the team.

That said, I like the idea of Exiles and Excalibur being Marvel universe titles. Exiles was already going that way until Claremont got his grubby paws on it. So basically just kick Claremont off, put Nocturne back on with Thunderbird, make Morph Morph again, and get some non-X characters to round the team out, and it'd be good to go.

Excalibur I'd make a joint SHIELD/Interpol, pan-European team--basically the Avengers of the Eurasian continent. Combine them with Union Jack's team from his mini and trim the fat so that it's Captain Britain, Juggernaut, Pete Wisdom, Union Jack, the Black Knight, Sabra, the Arabian Knight, Sage, and others as needed. Get Chris Gage to write and Alan Davis to draw it.

wow.

Good wow or bad? I have strong feelings about Exiles and Excalibur because I really liked Exiles before it got ****ed up and I always thought Excalibur was a great concept that could carve out a great niche for itself in the Marvel universe if it were treated as something more than just "those X-characters in Europe."

Those Excalibur ideas aren't bad. I don't know if Juggernaut, Sabra or Sage need to be on the team, but a joint SHIELD/Interpol team with Captain Britain, Union Jack, Spitfire, the Black Knight and Pete Wisdom serving as the liaison would work, I think.

Uncanny X-Men
Writers: Mike Carey, Ed Brubaker, and Chris Claremont
Artists: Billy Tan, Chris Bachalo, and Salvador Larocca

Following what happened with Amazing Spider-Man, Uncanny X-Men comes out three times a month with X-Men and Astonishing X-Men cancelled.

The roster would include pretty much all of the X-Men: Cyclops, Emma Frost, Wolverine, Storm, Nightcrawler, Angel, Beast, Iceman, Psylocke, Shadowcat, Colossus, Rogue, Gambit, Bishop, Havok, Polaris, Northstar, Phoenix, Forge, Sunfire, and Darwin. However the characters featured would change from arc to arc depending on the story and what characters the writer wants to use.

They would serve as the typical mutant superhero team designed to promote healthy human/mutant relations and combat mutant threats such as Magneto and his Brotherhood of Mutants, Mr. Sinister and the Marauders, Apocalypse and his Horsemen, etc.

New Mutants
Writer: Fabian Niceza
Artist: David Finch

The second generation of X-Men, Cannonball, Husk, Warpath, Wolfsbane, Boom Boom, Karma, Sunspot, and Siryn reunite in much more controversal X-Men team that specifies in threats to mutants such as the Acolytes which enjoy a certain amount of public support. And at times their actions appear to be more brutal. While the X-Men act more like a team, the New Mutants act more like a family and are much more restrictive of whom joins their group.

New X-Men
Writers: Christopher Yost and Craig Kyle
Artist: Paco Medina

This book would focus on all the students of the Xavier Institute. It would show the students learning in normal classrooms with the X-Men acting as teachers and thier training to be the next generation of X-Men.

X-Factor Investigations
Writer: Peter David
Artist: Pablo Raimondi

Multiple Man continues his X-Factor Investigations detective agency with Layla Miller, M, Strong Guy, and Rictor. They also take up the responsibility of protecting District X since the NYPD don't really give a damn about that part of the city.

Wolverine
Writer: Marc Guggenheim
Artist: Howard Chaykin

The book is moved onto the MAX line of Marvel's books and brought to its original numbering, but overall keep it the way it is. Chaykin's art is surprisingly enjoyable in this book.

Cable
Artist: Ariel Olivetti

Spinning off from Cable & Deadpool, Cable continues to try and make tommorrow's world a better place, despite the destruction of Providence.

Deadpool
Artist: Ed McGuiness

Spinning off from Cable & Deadpool, Deadpool continues his zany antics with Agency X and his sidekicks Weasel/the Penetraitor and Bob, Agent of HYDRA.

Now, those ideas are terrible. Especially the inclusion of Tan, Larocca and Finch. Paco Medina was a good fit for New X-Men, but I'd rather have Mark Brooks and leave Medina on the excellent New Warriors. And I can think of a dozen different books I'd put McGuinness on before I put him back on Deadpool.

Corp should be EIC over here.
Sure, if you wanted everything in the Marvel universe to revolve around Thor, the Black Knight, Captain America, and the classic Avengers. ;)
Those Excalibur ideas aren't bad. I don't know if Juggernaut, Sabra or Sage need to be on the team, but a joint SHIELD/Interpol team with Captain Britain, Union Jack, Spitfire, the Black Knight and Pete Wisdom serving as the liaison would work, I think.
Sabra's there to go towards filling the international quota and Juggernaut's there as the powerhouse, which I think every team ought to have. I'm not sure why I put Sage on there. Ditch her.

Good wow or bad? I have strong feelings about Exiles and Excalibur because I really liked Exiles before it got ****ed up and I always thought Excalibur was a great concept that could carve out a great niche for itself in the Marvel universe if it were treated as something more than just "those X-characters in Europe."

Wow = GOOD.

I would actually subscribe with cash in advance for both books written that way.

TheCorpulent1 said:
Sabra's there to go towards filling the international quota and Juggernaut's there as the powerhouse, which I think every team ought to have. I'm not sure why I put Sage on there. Ditch her.

Doesn't Captain Britain fill the powerhouse role? And Sabra's a great character, but I'm just not feeling her on that type of book. I'd rather her be an Avenger, actually. And I'll trade you Sage for Dazzler. I'm not really a Dazzler fan, but Mike Ryan's redesign for her was nice. :)

Sure, if you wanted everything in the Marvel universe to revolve around Thor, the Black Knight, Captain America, and the classic Avengers. ;)

As Long as you have the Warriors three become drinking buddies with cage, The Black knight get on good relations with the Panther and gets that sword back, and Captain America comes back soon,....

I say You got the job.

BTW - I thought You had Sage in there as the tech rep. someone needs to keep track of and maintain their gear.

V.

The original 5 in more of a superhero themed book taking on insane threats.

ah someone agrees with what i sugested earlier remember to have the humans they help become an "ingrate convention":ninja:

But to have the original five, you'd have to bring Jean Back. No thanks.

Plus, from now on, Iceman and Cannonball have to be on the same squad at the same time. They are like, the awesome together.

hmm cyke angel beast iceman and cannonball would work and have shadowcat as the female member

Yeah, gotta have a chick. Nobody likes a sausage fest.

But to have the original five, you'd have to bring Jean Back. No thanks.

Plus, from now on, Iceman and Cannonball have to be on the same squad at the same time. They are like, the awesome together.

I agree. There team-up/friendship has been one of my favorite things Carey has done so far in his run.

So Iceman and Cannonball are now up there alongside Wolverine and Nightcrawler, Wonder Man and Beast, Hercules and the Black Knight, and all the other great buddy-cop duos in comics?
Doesn't Captain Britain fill the powerhouse role? And Sabra's a great character, but I'm just not feeling her on that type of book. I'd rather her be an Avenger, actually. And I'll trade you Sage for Dazzler. I'm not really a Dazzler fan, but Mike Ryan's redesign for her was nice. :)
Captain Britain wasn't really that powerful, last time I checked his powers. He had mid-range strength and speed, and he could fly. That'd be like the Avengers depending on Iron Man or Captain Marvel for their super-huge powerhouse role. The Juggernaut's there in case Excalibur goes up against the entire, full-powered Wrecking Crew or Ultron or someone way up there on the power scale. Without him, Excalibur could maybe take those threats down with some luck, but Jugs throws the odds much more in their favor.

Dazzler's redesign is pretty cool, but like you, I don't really think she adds much as a character. If someone could come up with a good reason for her to be there, I'd be cool with her staying on, though.
As Long as you have the Warriors three become drinking buddies with cage, The Black knight get on good relations with the Panther and gets that sword back, and Captain America comes back soon,....

I say You got the job.

BTW - I thought You had Sage in there as the tech rep. someone needs to keep track of and maintain their gear.

V.
Er, yeah. I guess. I think I did actually throw Sage in when the word "coordination" flashed in my mind. But with Captain Britain, Pete Wisdom, and the Black Knight, she's not really necessary in that regard. Those three are more than capable of strategizing and coordinating ops.

The Warriors Three would be drinking buddies with pretty much anyone. Or at least Volstagg and Fandral would. I don't think Hogun could be counted as "buddies" with anybody. ;)

The Black Knight/BP/Ebony Blade thing would provide a great fanwank moment for both Wakanda and Dane. Dane goes to Wakanda and fights his way through the Wakandan defense forces with stealth and guerilla hit-and-run tactics because they mistake him for the fanatical, Vatican Black Knight. He makes it all the way to T'Challa's elite guard before he's overwhelmed. Right as they're about to kill Dane, T'Challa himself recognizes Dane. Apologies are made, etc., etc. Then T'Challa shows Dane around Wakanda and Dane, an engineer at heart, is awed by their tech. T'Challa gives him the true Ebony Blade and sends him on his way with some new vibranium enhancements to his mystical armor, further adding to the fusion of science and magic that Dane embodies that I love so much. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"