Endgame Hulk/Bruce Banner - Mark Ruffalo

A little apprehensive about Hulk this time around. Loved that they finally had him talking in Ragnarok (about damn time!), but felt like they got the balance right there. If these rumors pan out about melding his mind with Banner and we're getting "professor Hulk" this time around, ehh, I always hated that crap.

Still, Extremis is an idea I hate on paper, and IM3's still top two or three MCU movies for me, so wait and see I guess.
I also loved the version of Hulk we got in Ragnarok and was happy keeping him like that long term. Hopefully Prof Hulk can be better or at least as good.

I really hope there's a perfect middle ground to the way they portray Professor Hulk. Rather than having it be just Hulks body with Banners mind, it would be much more interesting to have Banner and Hulk actually be working together like actual partners. Like whenever Bruce transforms into Hulk, he will still be present to help and assist Hulk. Banner being present still makes Hulk more intelligent, making him a more powerful fighter. Plus Banner and Hulk helping each other out would also go along with the theme of being "stronger together" that Endgame seems to have. Overall, it would be perfect for the both of them to work together without having them mix minds.

A heroic death would probably be the best way to conclude his arc in the MCU. It’d give the film that little bit of extra dramatic weight and resolve the strange limbo state he exists in due to the rights situation.

Or perhaps... PERHAPS... Banner is only believed to be dead? And... He must let the world think that he is dead... Until he can find a way to control the raging spirit that dwells within him?

7e298db2e78801f6da41e1d685187153.gif

:applaud
Or perhaps... PERHAPS... Banner is only believed to be dead? And... He must let the world think that he is dead... Until he can find a way to control the raging spirit that dwells within him?

7e298db2e78801f6da41e1d685187153.gif
[/QUOTE

:applaud

Didn't like the fact that in IW, Hulk is aware of what Banner is doing, hence his "Nnooooo..." responses. In Thor Ragnarok when Hulk was conscious, Banner had no clue of what Hulk was doing. The two personas have always been separated. Not to mention, Banner mentioned that if he changed into Hulk again, Hulk might take over permanently but that plot point was never mention in IW. I hope at the very least in Endgame, they explain why Hulk is aware of Banner's actions and this is what leads to Professor Hulk.

was there ever discussions for a solo Hulk film starring Ruffalo?

I have only been given mild spoilers, but it sounds like us Hulk fans aren’t going to get the payoff we wanted for Hulk in Endgame that we wanted And expected after his extremely disappointing showing in IW.

I've been told the opposite in non spoiler impressions. Guess it's hard to say without knowing exact details of what happens.

I have only been given mild spoilers, but it sounds like us Hulk fans aren’t going to get the payoff we wanted for Hulk in Endgame that we wanted And expected after his extremely disappointing showing in IW.

You are correct sir. The full story synopsis is up on Wiki and from that it seems as if he could have not been in the movie and it would not have missed a beat. These writers really don’t understand the character. I wish they would have kept the old format with the movie universe receiving feedback from the actual comic writers. That produced iron man 1 and the Incredible Hulk.

Also i miss Wheedon who had a sense of who the character was and knew how to involve him in a film and could team up characters effortlessly. I wasn’t thrilled with Age of Ultorn, but at least it gave hulk something to do.

All in all it’s okay though, we can’t control what they do, but we can control our wallets. I’m going to see this one, but then that’s it. Marvel will never get another dime from my wallet and that’s fine because there are others willing to pay to see this stuff. More power to them and Marvel.

For your own sake... lower your expectations. :hehe:

Avengers Hulk will forever be the best Hulk.

Here are some mild spoilers, but I think it's good to know if you want to know how much you should lower your expectations...

Hulk doesn't get any real fight scenes in the movie.

Here are some mild spoilers, but I think it's good to know if you want to know how much you should lower your expectations...

Hulk doesn't get any real fight scenes in the movie.

That just sounds ridiculous

I guess Hulk will forever be Thanos's b***h. Ragnarok Hulk is the best Hulk imo, he was superior to Avengers Hulk in every way.

Hulk felt like a deus ex machina plot device in Avengers whereas in Ragnarok he was an actual character instead of a rage machine. Plus he had his best feat in Ragnarok which was staggering Surtur and that's way above anything else he's done in the MCU.

I guess Hulk will forever be Thanos's b***h. Ragnarok Hulk is the best Hulk imo, he was superior to Avengers Hulk in every way.

Hulk felt like a deus ex machina plot device in Avengers whereas in Ragnarok he was an actual character instead of a rage machine. Plus he had his best feat in Ragnarok which was staggering Surtur and that's way above anything else he's done in the MCU.

You got a better Thor in Ragnorok. The Hulk in Ragnorok while a little more developed as as character was powered down from Hulk in avengers who one punched that leviathan and took it down, not to mention rag dolled Thor and actually earned the mantle of strongest Avenger! As for Hulk being Thanos whatever.. I would argue that he was the writers B!! They had no clue how to write him or who he was as a character.. The Mcfelley guy who came out and said as much when he gave that print interview about how Thanos could beat Hulk easily without the power stone.. He forgot that the madder Hulk gets the stronger he gets!!

Infinity War Writers Say Thanos Could've Beaten Hulk, Power Stone or Not

Thank God this is over after this movie.. Never has a character been setback as much as Hulk has in these last couple of films.. Sad to watch, and at least as Hulk fans we don’t have to watch. We can always watch 03, 08 and Avengers !

You got a better Thor in Ragnorok. The Hulk in Ragnorok while a little more developed as as character was powered down from Hulk in avengers who one punched that leviathan and took it down, not to mention rag dolled Thor and actually earned the mantle of strongest Avenger! As for Hulk being Thanos whatever.. I would argue that he was the writers B!! They had no clue how to write him or who he was as a character.. The Mcfelley guy who came out and said as much when he gave that print interview about how Thanos could beat Hulk easily without the power stone.. He forgot that the madder Hulk gets the stronger he gets!!

Infinity War Writers Say Thanos Could've Beaten Hulk, Power Stone or Not

Thank God this is over after this movie.. Never has a character been setback as much as Hulk has in these last couple of films.. Sad to watch, and at least as Hulk fans we don’t have to watch. We can always watch 03, 08 and Avengers !

Technically Hulk ragdolled Thor in Ragnarok as well (which isn't really impressive since Thor is like 3 or 4 times smaller than Hulk).

Staggering Surtur who is the size of a mountain >>> stopping the leviathan.

Last edited:
I really just don't understand...

...why they didn't give Hulk an action scene in the final battle. Even if it was just him tearing through a bunch of mooks, it would have been better than...nothing. Like he technically fights mooks off screen, I think maybe we saw him punch one or two, but the camera didn't focus on him at all.

With all the other gratuitous fanservice scenes going on in that battle, you'd think they could slip a nice moment in for Hulk. But nope. I don't get it.

(I should mention that it's not all bad, since Hulk DOES do something incredibly important in the story. But he's effectively a noncombatant character now.)

So did anybody notice that Mark mighta done it again:
He was being interviewed with Chris Evans, talking about getting fake scripts to prevent leaks, and he said something like "I get the script and it says he's marrying someone, but then I show up to the set and it's him and someone else..." (trails off realizing what he's done) Evans then sputtered and said something like "and now you're back to square one [on spoiling things]"
I haven't read the leaks, so I don't know if it's true, but it seems he made another boo-boo

So did anybody notice that Mark mighta done it again:
He was being interviewed with Chris Evans, talking about getting fake scripts to prevent leaks, and he said something like "I get the script and it says he's marrying someone, but then I show up to the set and it's him and someone else..." (trails off realizing what he's done) Evans then sputtered and said something like "and now you're back to square one [on spoiling things]"
I haven't read the leaks, so I don't know if it's true, but it seems he made another boo-boo

If it's referring to what I think it's referring to, it's so vague that it doesn't really matter. You'd never guess what it's actually referring to.

I absolutely loved what they did with Hulk in AEG.
Truly a continuation on the Ragnarok iteration of the character but more subdued and very funny. The Professor Hulk persona really was one of my favorite aspects about the movie. What a nice surprise.

Sure he isn't the wrecking ball that he normally is but he is so much more.

Can't say I'm too surprised that they are taking The Hulk in a different direction, especially after Ragnarok. I understand why some feel dissapointed that we are no longer getting the same Hulk we got in the first Avengers, but I don't think it will bother me that much honestly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"