If you think about it logically, God can't exist.

^Sorry . . . . I had to retort from yesterday . . . I was late, I know . . .

bluejake01 said:
Belief in something greater when you have nothing left and would otherwise be hopeless, keeps you from despair. Despair can be fatal.

A feeling of being connected to the world by something greater than yourself gives you a larger capacity for compassion and understanding.

Faith has been shown to make one feel "good". The better a person feels about themselves and their place in exsitence, the better they will perform, in life, love and career.

i think as man has removed themselves from their nature they have seeked to find a connection with everything they have lost. a god suits this role. i'd prefer to physically return to nature with all we've learnt. still advancing knowlage and technology but make the tech nature friendly. i want the world as eden but with the knowlage and means to protect ourselves.

Danalys said:
i myself have learnt more about religious dogma and the various ways it can be interpreted. that is proof if you take me at my word. altho i don't see how i could have thought of that answer if it wasn't the truth. and hopefully people can actually learn not to use certain illogical arguements. there's always more people who can learn. so the threads continue.

sheesh i just noticed whitecrawler spewing arguements that were debunked hundreds of years ago.

I believe you. You don't strike me as someone who would lie to proove a point. I still don't really believe they serve a very good purpose one person learning something doesnt out weigh the namecalling and general degradation we usually get. Of course the Hype is free to talk about anything it wants.

The Bible says in itself that God work's in a differnet level and plane than us. We can't even grasp the idea in our minds is what the Bible says.

The bible says a lot of things, but considering it was written by a man how do we know it is even true. Anyone can say God works in mysterious ways, it basically just means the person you asked doesn't know the answer so he fobs you off with that one

That sentiment has been touched, as well as this one...

The fact that people SEEK to prove he doesn't exist kind of insinuates that he does...

Yes, but the Bible says that the writers were inspired by God. The Bible is like sort of a historical book of events. It's like what we know of some historical events from ancient manuscripts written by people. So I guess all that stuff is bull , I THINK NOT!!!

Angry Sentinel said:
That sentiment has been touched, as well as this one...

The fact that people SEEK to prove he doesn't exist kind of insinuates that he does...

Darn good point!

I don't seek to prove he does not exist

I just don't care.

My belief is he doesn't, just as some believe he does. It is all about belief and that can go either way.

boywonder13 said:
Yes, but the Bible says that the writers were inspired by God. The Bible is like sort of a historical book of events. It's like what we know of some historical events from ancient manuscripts written by people. So I guess all that stuff is bull , I THINK NOT!!!

Can you prove that a lot of Historical text is NOT bull. I THINK NOT!!!

it would be useful to some people to prove a god doesn't exist, if only to stop the argueing and the surport of ideas based only on religion. but it isn't possible. also often it is feeding ones ego to think they of all people can prove god doesn't exist. kainedemo was right logically god doesn't exist, since god is illogical by the nature of logic, which is designed to be used with things that we have experience of. we could have no experience of a god if there was one logically.

boywonder13 said:
Darn good point!

People seek to prove he does not exist, not because he does, but because he doesn't, and the only way to get religious people to believe it is to prove it.

Which of course is impossible to do

wolfsfang said:
People seek to prove he does not exist, not because he does, but because he doesn't, and the only way to get religious people to believe it is to prove it.

Which of course is impossible to do
Right, it's impossible to do this, so this cannot be the real reason for the search... so why do they REALLY seek to prove he does not exist?

If God exist cuz we believe he exists does that mean the Greek, Egyptian and Aztec gods once existed? Cuz they were believed to.

And what about Allah, Buddah, Vishnu and all the others? God is not the only God and if christians don't believe THEY exist why should anyone believe THEIR GOD does?

boywonder13 said:

we don't take any historical text word for word as true. since humans have a habit of embellishment, proganda, mistakes and just plain lies, mixed with stuff that is true.

Angry Sentinel said:
Right, it's impossible to do this, so this cannot be the real reason for the search... so why do they REALLY seek to prove he does not exist?

Because they are a bunch of sad boring **** with no life. Why do we try to prove anything? cuz we can

Angry Sentinel said:

you presume they realise it's impossible.

For every arguement to prove God exists there is a counter arguement to prove he doesn't.

This is an unwinnable arguement and therefor totally pointless

I'm not beating up on any other religion but Christianity seems to be the strongest religion out of all the others (inseveral areas).......

If you want evidence Christianity has evidence....!

Angry Sentinel here is an IMPOSSIBLE task for you

Prove God exists! Beyond all reasonable doubt.

wolfsfang said:
I don't seek to prove he does not exist

I just don't care.

My belief is he doesn't, just as some believe he does. It is all about belief and that can go either way.

For someone who say they dont care (which youve said mutliple times by now) you seem to be caring a lot.

if people come to an understanding that it was pointless then it wasn't ;)

boywonder13 said:
I'm not beating up on any other religion but Christianity seems to be the strongest religion out of all the others (inseveral areas).......

If you want evidence Christianity has evidence....!

Where? The bible? That's just a fantasy story in my eyes (and very poorly written).

A few historical events that are mentioned in the bible? so what lots of novelists use actual events to enhance their stories, it does not make the story any truer.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Darthphere said:
For someone who say they dont care (which youve said mutliple times by now) you seem to be caring a lot.

Nope I really don't care.

I just like arguements :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"