I'm asking out a girl tomorrow. Advice??

You should have just written it out on a piece of paper folded it into the shape of a letter and gave it to her.

Will you go with me?

Circle one

yes or no

BAH HUMBBUG! said:
You should have just written it out on a piece of paper folded it into the shape of a letter and gave it to her.

Will you go with me?

Circle one

yes or no

Sadly...that would have probably been more effective lol and would have at least gotten him some 'cute' points :o (depending on what kind of girl she is)

I'm just surprised you haven't learned the MSN rule all this time...like, i'm 20, and I learned my lesson when I was like 14 :up: and your 21...where have you been all this time?! lol

Still haven't heard from her.

Should I call her? Text her?

She really wouldn't shutup about this other guy, and she was saying she "wanted a few days alone", and that was after I told her I needed to talk to her and get something off my chest. A few things she's done just come off as selfish, like she just takes in the friendship and doesn't give anything back. So I just told her right there and then on msn how I feel. I know it was a dumb thing to do, the worst thing to do. I feel like an idiot now.

kainedamo said:

She really wouldn't shutup about this other guy, and she was saying she "wanted a few days alone", and that was after I told her I needed to talk to her and get something off my chest. A few things she's done just come off as selfish, like she just takes in the friendship and doesn't give anything back. So I just told her right there and then on msn how I feel. I know it was a dumb thing to do, the worst thing to do. I feel like an idiot now.
Yes, doing ir on msn wasn't the best place. It's so detached and un-emotional way of saying something to someone...bleh. She sounds like dumbass anyone.
Obsessed with guys and jumping around constantly from one relantionship to the next. I hate girls like that.."OmG liek i so liek him he is liek so totally hawt but liek omigawd i liek chris 2 he is liek rully hawt 2 omg alice i am so leik confused wat should i do??!/?"

Bollocks man, i feel for you, I really do. Far be it for me to give advice on how to snare a lass, but here goes...:

Ok, you're in damage control territory here, you told her via msn (of all things) and that wasn't a good move - but i guess you know that. Unfortunately Kaine, damage control in your situation is going to consist of you ignoring her and waiting on her to call you. Trust me, she will, sooner or later. If you call her, you'll come across as being needy and wanting - it'll scare her off and further entrench you in the 'just a friend' territory.

Ignore her - cold turkey style for at least a couple of weeks. It'll be tough pal, I don't doubt that, but we've all been there at some point. Go out with your mates, get trousered a few times, most important - get your head out of where it is at the moment. Get rid of that pedestal you've put this girl on.

When you talk to her again - and if in a couple of weeks she hasn't contacted you, you can call her - act smooth, cool, confident, funny and cocky. Make her see what she's missing by not being with you. Make her see that your life is the goddamn party bus and she is missing on a seriously good ride.

What is essential is that you do not, DO NOT digress back into 'wussy' mode. You told her all about your feelings - major no-no my man. Frankly, when it comes to women, most of them just aren't attracted to this initially. (And I know cause i've been there) What she wants at the moment is a guy who is strong, confident, secure and someone who doesn't make her feel pressured and/ or uncomfortable. That'll turn her off quicker than a lightswitch. What you want is to control this compulsion to tell her your feelings and expound on your ability to have a laugh and show her what she's passing up.

Good luck Kaine, let us know how you get on.

kainedamo said:
Yeah... I uh... pretty much ruined everything, and did the one thing which was the absolute last way to go about it.

I told her on msn. It's her fault! She was pissing me off, talking about the other guy alot, pretty much descriging she felt for him the same way I feel for her, so I just told her. I also told her I'm angry with her for being so wrapped up in her own stuff she never cares how I feel. I layed it all down and told her everything. At first she said sorry, but I think I said too much, and now she won't talk to me.
funniest post ever....

kainedamo said:

It's all good, use it as a growth experience...

ONe thing you've done....

you talked about what she has to offer you, but you haven't once mentioned what you have to offer her, why should she go out with you more than any other person, what do you bring to the field that other men don't?

THAT is the eternal question because if you don't know that then you can never get anyone.

a year is a long time to be friends with someone, if there have been no signs of interest in that time and you have been single the whole time then it's likely not going to happen.

However if you have been dating other people, then she will get to see a side of you that she wouldn't do normally and that's what you need, you need for her to like you MORE than you like her or at least at the very same level. You can clearly see that her dating other people has had an impact on your emotions and has made you act out irrationally, the same effect would happen on her if the situation was changed and you became a desirable asset.

Now what you need to do is to suck it up, and start either making yourself desirable or just becoming confident or perhaps start at the bottom of the dating ring and work your way up. IF she talks to you be civil and at least be her equal because it sounds like your her emotional puppy dog, a pet perhaps and it's all take from her and give from you. You need to realise that at the end of the day, she's just a human being with as much or even many more problems as you have, you shouldn't let your feelings blind the true hard fact of reality. That includes the reality that you are good enough for her, or perhaps vice versa.

I think you are at an age where 'asking people out' shouldn't really happen, you either get with someone or you don't but there shouldn't be a line you cross over or some sort of verbal contract, all relationships should happen naturally and a bluttering of feelings is definitely not natural.

all in all, i'd say start dating other women, even if you're hearts not in it, it will cheer you up to get the self esteem. In order to do this, you need to make yourself a catch so a lot of soul searching into your good points needs to be done, use some of this 'sad' time to better your personality and think what you would have done next time to get to this situation.

I've been knocked back at every stage, but at each one, i've managed to get a little bit further than the last time (at least in a post school relationship), so now i'm at a stage where talking to someone new is no big deal, what i have now have to deal with is 'dumping' and getting across the fact i don't want to get married without hurting anyone's feelings (that bastard has cost me twice:mad: ) but i wouldn't have got to this stage if i didn't mess up the first time, so all in all, have no regrets and push on forward.

I subscribed to this thread just to see this outcome.

Mike_D202 said:
I subscribed to this thread just to see this outcome.

This is pretty good stuff.

Kaine, like other people have already said, you just gotta back up for a little bit. Can't press her right now. Just be civil, don't do anything that you wouldn't do otherwise. She'll get back to you fairly soon. When she does, tell it straight (preferably in person, but the phone will do). If she's all caught up on this other guy, then let it go. If she's pining away for another dude who's not paying her any real attention, she got some issues. It may seem like lip service, but you will get over this chick. Trust me. Dude, you're 21. The party's just getting started.

Keep us posted...seriously.

My advice: Don't do it. She's on the rebound, even if you get her now, she will grow to resent you for taking advantage of the friendship and rebounding her like that.

It is never a good idea to date friends, either. Move on. Find another girl. Or atleast wait.

kainedamo said:

Maybe you're the one being selfish. Think about what you're saying in retrospect. "You don't give anything to this friendship, so pony up the sex or it's over."

Just because she doesn't have feelings towards you, doesn't make her selfish. You are trying to take advantage of your friend who is on the rebound. Who is really being selfish here?

son, your father wants to talk to you... let him show you the guidance... he's done this before, at least let him make the call ok? let him call or even MSN your friend and he'll know to talk to her dad ok? if you bring in the families in on this the matter can be settled open table discussion style and at least the air will be cleared. You could at least call her Dad and talk to him about the situation and say this is what transpired, talk to your daughter and he will take care of it.

Lackey said:
moms always know when you're lying :(

yeah I know but I can't talk to your mom unless I'm drunk... sorry. :( :up: :up:

Mom's just hit on me. It's gross.

kainedamo said:
I'm 21 by the way, for those of you wanting to know my age.

I am in love with this girl.

I've considered her my best friend at times.
I'll never find another girl like her.
She loves Silent Hill, Evil Ernie, Lady Death, other comic books, she's a great artist and we worked together on our own comic book, she loves Bruce Campbell, we have alot of similar tastes but alot of different tastes too.
She's such a strong person. I've always admired her ability to not let stupid stuff get her down and just get on with it. She has a great sense of humor. Generally speaking, women aren't very funny. She makes me laugh, it's probably what I like about her most.
She's beautiful. I'm not kidding or exaggerating. She's so gorgous.
She has faults, she drives me nuts sometimes, but I still love her.

that's all great but I still say that you shouldn't tell her everything at once.... everything you just said in that post should be saved AFTER she tells you she has the same feelings for you. Not before... plus she might just consider you a "friend" and if you jump in, you're gonna lose her friendship too.

I read from the beginning and this won't end well. And now I see that it apparently hasn't. Sorry dude.

kainedamo said:

For goodness sakes, give her some time. Do not call her!!! You come off as needy and obsessive.

telling her how you feel over MSN pretty much put the nail in the coffin.

I hope not but that's something I don't see any girl getting over.

Venom Drool said:
he told via instant message:confused: :down

he sucks at life, and saying you have "feelings" before you've slept with a girl or at least have been dating her for a long ass while is a relationship killer

Ask her the following questions

1. Are you a fan of the Hype Top 25?
2. Randor??
3. Do you eat food?
4. Are you scared of the falcor, the saget, and the wilhelm's creme?

Superman_20 said:
he sucks at life, and saying you have "feelings" before you've slept with a girl or at least have been dating her for a long ass while is a relationship killer

that's pretty much what everyone told him.. but he chose to do the worst thing at the worst time in the worst way.... :(

Equint77 said:
that's pretty much what everyone told him.. but he chose to do the worst thing at the worst time in the worst way.... :(

why do most "nice" guys do that crap, that they think saying they have feelings will make a girl go "awww lets have sex on the hood of my car baby, i will have feelings for you too someday... i love you" when i was living at home, i remember my brother did the same crap after i adviced him not too, and i had never seen someone screw up that badly... at least until now because my brother had done it in person :cool:

Just invite her over for a bowl of cornflakes and wear axe effect spray.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"