I'm Reading Your Stuff: General News and Discussion Thread

I unironically think Hayden would have been good as The Riddler. Hayden is not a good actor but he can very naturally be a creepy, sad weirdo when directed by someone who doesn't suck at working with actors. See: the wonderful little underrated gem Shattered Glass.

We'll be starving for casting news for a long ass time to go, boys and girls and assorted enbys. Eight million bull**** articles like that one incoming.

Yeah, we’re in for a bit of a wait. But on the bright side, the casting info will probably drop right around the same time that The Penguin is airing, so it’ll be like a double dose of Bat-****.

Yeah, we’re in for a bit of a wait. But on the bright side, the casting info will probably drop right around the same time that The Penguin is airing, so it’ll be like a double dose of Bat-****.
You're totally right, that'll be super fun!

I'm hyped that Penguin looks better than I anticipated. Not that I thought it would be bad but that recent trailer had something about it that got me actively excited for the first time.

I would fully approve of Boyd Holbrook as Dent.

Absolutely loved him in Logan and Indiana Jones. He plays such a good villain, and he has that dark, seditious side to him that would serve Dent very well.

The role has a lot of meat on the bone for a great actor to enjoy. I think he could deliver one of his best performances in it.

Last edited:
Holbrook is a good actor , so I'd be for his casting, if true.

Boyd holbrook is a perfect choice for harvey dent. I thought he was great as a villian in indiana jones and he’s definitely charming enough! I’d be happy with him or josh hartnett honestly.

I like Holbrook but he’s been average at best playing villains in genre movies, IMO. He was… fine in Logan but not memorable and he wasn’t even that in Indiana Jones. However, if the rumors are true and Dent doesn’t make his inevitable turn in this film, then that would hopefully give Holbrook more to do than play a bad guy.

I think Boyd would be an excellent choice honestly. Liked pretty much everything I've seen him in

That timeline makes sense. If part of the reason for the delay was actually booking studio space it would make sense for them to start locking it in now. It also gives Reeves until the fall to lock in the script as they will probably need a good amount of time for pre-production.

Seems like a pretty good actor in what I’ve seen him in, but for Harvey, I’m not quite convinced.

This gives Reeves more time to perfect the script so that's a win, if you ask me.
You know, just thinking about it, we are about 10 give or take, batman movies that have been released (if you count bvs and the 66' movie).

Everytime one comes out, there has to be a reason to tell this story or else you are just retreading the same story points. So I see why Reeves is taking his time. Heck, when I first heard about the batman and saw the first trailer, to me, it was almost a continuation of the Nolan series.

I think this is why the Brave and the bold will have an even more difficult time coming up with a script. The concept may be great but what makes the story worth telling.

You know, just thinking about it, we are about 10 give or take, batman movies that have been released (if you count bvs and the 66' movie).

Everytime one comes out, there has to be a reason to tell this story or else you are just retreading the same story points. So I see why Reeves is taking his time. Heck, when I first heard about the batman and saw the first trailer, to me, it was almost a continuation of the Nolan series.

I think this is why the Brave and the bold will have an even more difficult time coming up with a script. The concept may be great but what makes the story worth telling.
A Batman movie needing to exist to convince shareholders they're going to be able to profit off the next MCU.

It’s not out of the realm of possibility. I could see it under the right circumstances. I just… really doubt we get any casting quite this far out.

Unless we get a curveball thrown our way and Dent has a surprise role on The Penguin.

Now that I think of it, Boyd would make a much better Calendar Man. Maybe a reimagined version that’s less like Lecter in the sense of helping Batman catch other serial killers, but more of a killer obsessed with dates and details of murders.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"