I'm Reading Your Stuff: General News and Discussion Thread

Does Jett often have correct info this far out?

I mean, we don’t even officially have a sequel at the moment…

I could he wrong but I recall him doing so for Dark Knight.

He's been right in some form or another when posting cryptic images like this.

Posted a picture of a black tactical police belt, and it ended up looking exactly like the one Battinson had.

Posted a picture of Keaton. Then news broke about him in the Flash.

Worth keeping an eye on.

i'd like to see clayface but i don't think he's LEAD baddie material. Maybe Clayface, Hugo and Penguin?

i'd like to see clayface but i don't think he's LEAD baddie material. Maybe Clayface, Hugo and Penguin?

There will definitely be other rogue's to support him like The Batman.

I'd like to see Hugo as well.

I originally wanted Clayface and Hugo Strange as the villains in The Batman, so this possibility pleases me.

Toni Collette for Clayface

39B90C98-9CE8-4735-AE4B-4BADD66F2EDE.jpeg

Ralph Ineson for Hugo Strange

A90E3BA2-7F5C-4717-81E4-8EF99130F4CF.jpeg

Richard Grayson is at the top of my list of characters I’d like to see in the sequel.

The Batman 2: Curse of the Fanboat Killer

After the massive flooding of Gotham City it's citizens have adopted the fanboat as their primary mode of transportation, little do they know that this just makes it easy for The Fanboat Killer to strike! Mutilated corpses begin to line the flooded streets, as if they where put through the fan of a fanboat. Gordon calls in Batman to investigate. Who is The Fanboat Killer? Is it kindly fanboat tour guide Franklin Jeremy Jr? Or skeevy fanboat salesman Dale Climpo? Maybe it's even the lovely Annabelle Gumalijo, the self proclaimed fanboat queen of Gotham City, who has caught the eye of reclusive billionaire Bruce Wayne? Soon all will be revealed, secrets will emerge and only Batman can save the day!

I want a scene where our boy Bruce Wayne is preparing to go out and fight crime on christmas eve where everyone is having dinner at home with their families. It would be very heartbreaking.

I thought of it because of this short scene of Luca Brasi

Last edited:
What about a story adapting The Cult?

Deacon Blackfire is amassing an army deep in the sewers that is “cleansing” the streets of a still-flooded Gotham City. This would provide an opportunity to introduce Blackfire & Solomon Grundy for the first time on the big screen.

He's been right in some form or another when posting cryptic images like this.

Posted a picture of a black tactical police belt, and it ended up looking exactly like the one Battinson had.

Posted a picture of Keaton. Then news broke about him in the Flash.

Worth keeping an eye on.

I was on the BOF forums a bit back in the day too. I remember like sometime before Hardy's character was announced (and everyone was in Hugo Strange speculation mode), Jett was just posting "Bane..." randomly with no context.

Everyone's got to realize that the guy is on a texting basis with Michael Uslan, he's gonna catch wind of stuff. Not saying Michael Uslan knows all every step of the way, but he definitely is going to know more than the average joe.

That said, maybe it's just something being considered at this point even if it's not a lock yet. But definitely an intriguing development.

What about a story adapting The Cult?

Deacon Blackfire is amassing an army deep in the sewers that is “cleansing” the streets of a still-flooded Gotham City. This would provide an opportunity to introduce Blackfire & Solomon Grundy for the first time on the big screen.
There was one poster on here back in the TDKR days that was a HUGE advocate for Blackfire. We kinda picked on him at the time, but now I'm really keen on the idea. Could be a really interesting villain.

I just wonder if he's too obscure.

There was one poster on here back in the TDKR days that was a HUGE advocate for Blackfire. We kinda picked on him at the time, but now I'm really keen on the idea. Could be a really interesting villain.

Oh, I remember. :funny:

I was on the BOF forums a bit back in the day too. I remember like sometime before Hardy's character was announced (and everyone was in Hugo Strange speculation mode), Jett was just posting "Bane..." randomly with no context.

Everyone's got to realize that the guy is on a texting basis with Michael Uslan, he's gonna catch wind of stuff. Not saying Michael Uslan knows all every step of the way, but he definitely is going to know more than the average joe.

That said, maybe it's just something being considered at this point even if it's not a lock yet. But definitely an intriguing development.

I was on the BOF forums waaay back in the pre-Batman Begins days.

He always been good with getting this type of stuff and at the same time, he doesn't spill the kind of stuff that ruins a film or burns sources.

So, he's got alot more creditability on Batman and DC movie stuff than many of the scoopers who report every rumor that they hear.

wait a minute holy ****ing **** I just clocked how actually brilliant Clayface would be as the main villain if done right.

It's pretty safe to say Batman 2 is gonna involve Batman developing his Bruce Wayne mask and masks as a whole is gonna be a pretty focused concept for the movie

With that in mind, a Golden Age style Clayface is a literal no brainer.

How about Harvey Dent and Gilda Dent as a tag-team murdering duo? Harvey is the public face of honor and justice, but when the bad guys get off on their "technicalities," Gilda comes in as the Hangman and delivers the final "justice." But the killings are specifically coordinated with Harvey. Or rather, "Big Bad Harv." So Harvey and Gilda are picking off mobsters one by one, forcing Penguin to reach out to Batman with an under-the-table proposal. Find out who's taking us out and I'll be your eyes and ears within Gotham's organized crime ring.

The movie ends with Gilda dying and Harvey being disfigured and incarcerated at Arkham. Then he's one of the major players in the third film set in Arkham that I am trying to will into existence.

With Bruce's transformation at the end of The Batman, "duality" is a perfect theme to explore in the sequel. The struggle with balancing two halves of self that are intrinsically opposed to one another.

Two-Face is quite literally the perfect choice. I'm just very wary of using him again without doing something markedly different than Nolan's take.

Harvey Dent vs Big Bad Harv. Duality.
Harvey Dent (light justice) and Gilda Dent (dark justice). Duality.

Last edited:

Yeah Blackfire definitely doesn’t have the name cache. You’d want to pepper in some other rogues

How about Harvey Dent and Gilda Dent as a tag-team murdering duo? Harvey is the public face of honor and justice, but when the bad guys get off on their "technicalities," Gilda comes in as the Hangman and delivers the final "justice." But the killings are specifically coordinated with Harvey. Or rather, "Big Bad Harv." So Harvey and Gilda are picking off mobsters one by one, forcing Penguin to reach out to Batman with an under-the-table proposal. Find out who's taking us out and I'll be your eyes and ears within Gotham's organized crime ring.

The movie ends with Gilda dying and Harvey being disfigured and incarcerated at Arkham. Then he's one of the major players in the third film set in Arkham that I am trying to will into existence.

With Bruce's transformation at the end of The Batman, "duality" is a perfect theme to explore in the sequel. The struggle with balancing two halves of self that are intrinsically opposed to one another.

Two-Face is quite literally the perfect choice. I'm just very wary of using him again without doing something markedly different than Nolan's take.

Harvey Dent vs Big Bad Harv. Duality.
Harvey Dent (light justice) and Gilda Dent (dark justice). Duality.
Personally, I'm kinda tired of The Long Halloween influence and I would rather we just get a movie with Harvey as a good guy. Harvey acting as a twisted vigilante, whether as Big Bad Harv, or through Gilda, feels repetitive of what he did in TDK and a little of what the Riddler was up to here.

Personally, I'm kinda tired of The Long Halloween influence and I would rather we just get a movie with Harvey as a good guy. Harvey acting as a twisted vigilante, whether as Big Bad Harv, or through Gilda, feels repetitive of what he did in TDK and a little of what the Riddler was up to here.
I appreciate the fatigue with TLH. I just figured if they wanted to adapt Dent again, and his downfall again, then addressing his personality disorder and violent mood swings would be good differentiation from the "good guy turned bad" that we just got with Eckhart.

Aaron Eckhart's Dent was called Harvey Two-Face simply for investigating dirty cops and doing the right thing. That he ended up with half his face burned was a sick cosmic joke at a good man's expense, and it broke him.

Even Tommy Lee Jones' Dent, from what I can recall, was an upstanding enforcer of the law prior to his scarring.

Dent being corrupt before his disfigurement reads more as "destiny fulfilled," which is different from what we've seen before.

Last edited:
I feel like Reeves' set-up of Gotham's political life and institutional corruption, along with a potential ally in this battle in Mayor Real, calls out for the introduction of unused comics characters in that world. If Real is kinda Obama-esque (in her slogan at least), it is time to introduce the comics' McConnell of City Council, Rupert Thorne.

I appreciate the fatigue with TLH. I just figured if they wanted to adapt Dent again, and his downfall again, then addressing his personality disorder and violent mood swings would be good differentiation from the "good guy turned bad" that we just got with Eckhart.

Eckhart's Dent was called Harvey Two-Face simply for investigating dirty cops and doing the right thing. That he ended up with half his face burned was a sick cosmic joke at a good man'expense, and it broke him.
I agree with you that they should really dive into the personality disorders if they bring him in again, I just wouldn't want to see the downfall until movie three, if at all in this trilogy. Part of why Big Bad Harv worked so well on BTAS was we had several episodes of Harv as the crusading DA and as Bruce's good friend before we even started to see those cracks. I think there is a lot more great stuff from the comics that more naturally build upon this first film and the themes that Reeves seems to be interested in.

I feel like Reeves' set-up of Gotham's political life and institutional corruption, along with a potential ally in this battle in Mayor Real, calls out for the introduction of unused comics characters in that world. If Real is kinda Obama-esque (in her slogan at least), it is time to introduce the comics' McConnell of City Council, Rupert Thorne.
Thorne would be quite a character to throw into the mix in Penguin’s show (which I’m assuming we’ll get before the sequel).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"