• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I'm Reading Your Stuff: General News and Discussion Thread

I will officially be 40 by the time this movie comes out. :barf:

And for that, I'm now officially mad at this movie.

Dude, I actually had the thought "I cannot be excited for something that will happen when I am 32" :funny:
I'm gonna be flat out late 20s

when I was 21 (about to turn 22) watching the first movie.

I've literally graduated University and will likely have had enough jobs to have bought an apartment for myself by the time we get Part II :funny:

Hey, at least the uncontrollable monkey wrench thrown into Part II's development wasn't the worst thing to happen to humanity in generations this time :funny:

Also, as for the mention of the hype train dying?

The moment the worst case scenario news dropped of the movie being literally delayed, this is what my thread viewer screen looks like rnViewers.png

I don't think I saw this many people in the Superman thread when the emblem dropped.

The hype train will be just fine, imo

Absolutely devastated. Was really hoping we'd get some positive momentum this month..... a year long delay blows.

On the plus side, they can make the 3rd movie a Batman Beyond movie. Battinson will be a retiree by the time that movie comes out :funny:

Sucks, I just wish we could get a few crumbs about the script/story to hold us over till then…. Oh well.

As a man who struggles with immediate gratification like any of us, I'm heartbroken by the news.

But I've also been saying since like March 5th 2022 that I want Matt to have as much time as humanely possible because the potential of where you go from here after The Batman is legitimately "Greatest Comic Book Adaptation Of All Time" territory.

So that part of me, hearing this analagous steak is gonna be sitting there getting dry aged even longer before I consume it?

Makes me anticipate the movie even more

At the end of the day I truly don't think anything nefarious happened here. They just fully shut down during the strikes and there are probably other BTS hurdles we don't know about. This is coming from me who you all know is incredibly cynical about this stuff.
WHERE IS SWORDOFMORNING AND WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH THEM?!
:funny:

Maybe they'll release a small tease before Superman (2025) like they did with TDKR and Green Lantern.

It's totally okay to be onboard with them taking their time. What I don't get is people saying "Good they're not rushing it!"

I mean. Would a turnaround between 2022-2025 really be 'rushing it', though?

It's totally okay to be onboard with them taking their time. What I don't get is people saying "Good they're not rushing it!"

I mean. Would a turnaround between 2022-2025 really be 'rushing it', though?
Two years would have been a little unusually fast, tbh. The 2025 date was pretty normal for a blockbuster sequel nowadays.

At the end of the day I truly don't think anything nefarious happened here. They just fully shut down during the strikes and there are probably other BTS hurdles we don't know about. This is coming from me who you all know is incredibly cynical about this stuff.
Or even better

Matt just...had a break as well after The Batman was genuinely a pretty grueling production

Because how dare he

No dark mode?

giphy.gif

Or even better

Matt just...had a break as well after The Batman was genuinely a pretty grueling production

Because how dare he
Yeah, I've seen people whining that he doesn't have a "work ethic" like James Gunn. Which, c'mon, go **** yourself lol

THERE'S A DARK MODE?!?!?!?

HOW? I'M BEING DEADASS I DIDN'T KNOW THAT'S A THING

By the time this film releases, Michael Keaton will have aged so much he'll look 59 years old.

Zaslav is punishing Matt for not joining the DCU. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"