I'm Reading Your Stuff: General News and Discussion Thread

I'm not overly worried about it right now but it wouldn't surprise me if Reeves did tap out after Part 2.

The way he was on the press tour, he wouldn't shut up about the processes and the ideas of his version of Batman. I think he's got enough gas in the tank to make three movies.

I do think more than a 3 year gap ends up hurting sequels (save and except for Avatar). To me you have to strike will the property is hot, too long of a wait and people lose interest.

I think the future of this series is highly dependant on the success of the sequel's box office and what happens with superman legacy. If the batman II makes less financially, I don't see a world where WBD wastes more money on a dead end if they have a different route to take with the character.
It depends on the future of the superhero genre and how receptive audiences are to the other DC characters. Batman is by far their most consistent box office performer. Maybe Superman: Legacy will be a smash hit but there’s a scenario where The Batman: Part Two making 700/750 million is still better than 75% of the other DC movies. It’s hard to imagine them just giving that up.

If both Superman: Legacy and The Batman Part ll make money, then both the DCU and The Batman Part lll will keep going forward so they make money off both and have their cake and eat it too. Again, after Part ll releases there'll only be 1 movie in the Batverse left to go before it's all 100% DCU Batman. You guys are making it waaaay bigger of an issue than it is.

well. i'd hope for a quadrilogy
I really really hope we get 4 movies out reeves and pattinson. I feel like they have enough passion and ideas for 4. I will always die on the hill that the nolan trilogy feels completely lopsided and way too condensed and should probably have been spread across 4 movies, so i really hope that doesn’t happen again here. I do think Matt Reeves has mapped out pretty clearly where he wants to go with these movies and has laid alot of groundwork very well in the first movie, but i still think 4 movies would be ideal. I hope this DCU batman situation doesn’t cancel out any possibility of that

I really really hope we get 4 movies out reeves and pattinson. I feel like they have enough passion and ideas for 4. I will always die on the hill that the nolan trilogy feels completely lopsided and way too condensed and should probably have been spread across 4 movies, so i really hope that doesn’t happen again here. I do think Matt Reeves has mapped out pretty clearly where he wants to go with these movies and has laid alot of groundwork very well in the first movie, but i still think 4 movies would be ideal. I hope this DCU batman situation doesn’t cancel out any possibility of that
We don't know what their ideas for the next 2 movies are, for starters.

We've had nothing but rumors as far as when this thing's supposed to start shooting. There have been updates in Production Weekly recently but without a subscription I can't tell what stage of production it's in.

Assuming production starts in Q3, we're still probably a few months out from casting news. Maybe March/April.

It’s actually kinda shocking how much the DCU **** dampens the vibes.

295b1a5435b44472b673f50378a19ded.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"