The Dark Knight In Heath We Trust: A Ledgerbration: The TDK Joker Appreciation Thread - Part 1

Yeah he would been 36 today.

Happy birthday Heath.

Aww Heath late Happy B-day. You are still the greatest Joker.

Stunning piece of art.

96ece589a3b287c3f2968fdaaaeeff98.jpg

Incredible. Looks like the work of the same guy who did the Jack Joker art. Would love to check out this person's other work...source?

The card next to Joker's temple in that picture makes me laugh. It looks like some clown hasn't had a bowl movement in weeks and he is in the process of unclogging that mess.

Incredible. Looks like the work of the same guy who did the Jack Joker art. Would love to check out this person's other work...source?

I'd just reverse image search it, I have no idea who made it, but it was definitely the same guy that made the Nicholson piece.

Heath Ledger was a great Joker if he was still alive i think they would have had more Dark Knight movies and definitely another Dark Knight were Joker was the main villain again.

Main villain? I dont think so. There's no way, Nolan would have repeated himself. It's possible that Nolan would have handed the franchise over to somebody else, and they would have used Joker in that role but not Chris.

I don’t really think so, maybe as a side villain like Scarecrow, but probably not a main villain.

I’d say he’d have a medium role, but there’d be a new villain to be the main antagonist.

Main villain? I dont think so. There's no way, Nolan would have repeated himself. It's possible that Nolan would have handed the franchise over to somebody else, and they would have used Joker in that role but not Chris.

Not the main villain, but Joker would definitely have been back for the third movie. And I don't mean in a cameo like Crane. I think it would have been a meaty supporting villain role.

Here's a drawing my brother did of Heath Joker.

That's very good. I love the detail on the face, especially around the eyes.

Jake Gyllenhaal Opens Up About How Heath Ledger’s Death Changed His Career

Gyllenhaal and Ledger starred as repressed and long-separated lovers in the 2005 romantic drama. Ledger died in 2008, and after listening to a clip from the film, Gyllenhaal admitted that hearing the scene stirred up some memories of working on the picture.

“It brings me back to thinking about doing that scene with Heath, and the honor it was to work with him, and the beauty of his work. And I miss him as a human being, and I miss working with him. And what an unfortunate thing it is that we won’t be able to see the beauty of his expression,” Gyllenhaal said.

“He was incredibly special, and that doesn’t even come close to encapsulating who he is — who he was,” Gyllenhaal added, revealing that losing such a close friend of a similar age helped shift his priorities.

“I think that’s why I like to go off and I like to try and get into worlds that will wake me up… I’m trying to be present where I am. I’m trying to have relationships that are as real as they possibly can be on a movie set [and] be close to people because I know that it’s precious. And I know that not only can this career end in a very short period of time and this or that can happen, but also that life is precious,” he noted. “And I think losing Heath — and being a part of a family that was something like that movie we all made together — makes you see that, makes you appreciate that and hopefully moves you away from the things that really don’t matter to the things that do.”

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/jake-gyllenhaal-heath-ledger-death-brokeback-mountain-1201547229/

^ That's so nice and touching. Well said, Jake.

Was Heath's anniversary today. Remembering him by watching his legendary performance in TDK.

I was watching TDK the other night and I have no idea, but just this shot of Joker:

9VblC.jpg

- made him all the more terrifying to me... it's never affected me in the past, mind you. He just looks all the more demented and internally demonic, with that single frame. I just noticed it on my bigger TV I've just bought.

Heath's performance has never failed in providing with the chills, but jeeze, that face!

Yeah, it's crazy.

I wish i could see this scene. He looks terrifying.

joker_whysoserious1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"