The Dark Knight In Heath We Trust: A Ledgerbration: The TDK Joker Appreciation Thread - Part 1

Heath Ledger's Joker is my favorite Joker performance, even more than Mark Hamill's Joker.

2yy75vm.jpg

wow, what comic is this from?

I'll have to pick that up.

In The Dark Knight, does Joker wear a green wig, or does he dye it green?

He clearly dyes it green.

I just noticed how they used a different ''Good evening ladies and gentleman'' edit for one of the tv spots...

[YT]tYRpZh7pHKM&feature=related[/YT]

one of my favourite scene from TDK

[YT]ohU16OiduUs[/YT]

Best ACTING from Ledger & Bale

I just noticed how they used a different ''Good evening ladies and gentleman'' edit for one of the tv spots...

It's definitely a different take. I like this one and how come this wasn't in SE?.

Last edited:
In The Dark Knight, does Joker wear a green wig, or does he dye it green?

I think he uses that halloween spray that dyes your hair but washes off. After all he didnt have green hair when dressed as a cop

I think he uses that halloween spray that dyes your hair but washes off. After all he didnt have green hair when dressed as a cop

He could have used a temporary dye for the Cop scene. But you're more than likely right about the green hair spray. If he applies make up then odds are he uses a dye for his green hair look, too.

There was a bunch of differencs in the tv spots from what was actually in the movie, and the weird thing, is that I liked the delivery in the tv spots more.

-"it's simple. Kill the Bat-Man". Compared to the movie, where he says, "it's simple, we uhh, kill the Batman".

-"owww, I love this job". Compared to "I like this job....I like it".

And I think there may have been another, but I can't think of it off the top of my head, and yes, I like the way he delivered it in the tv spot that you showed, too.

I remember the I love this job one. He said it while shaking his head or something if I remember.

I remember the I love this job one. He said it while shaking his head or something if I remember.
Yeah, and the way he delivered it sounded a bit more comical and raspy.

Watched The Vanishing tonight...couldn't help but see a resemblance between Heath Ledgers' Joker and Jeff Bridges' Barney Cousins character.

He could have used a temporary dye for the Cop scene. But you're more than likely right about the green hair spray. If he applies make up then odds are he uses a dye for his green hair look, too.

Im pretty sure its that halloween spray Im referring to, since the green isnt as strong and is mixed with his real color. Thats exactly what those washable hairsprays do and look like

There was a bunch of differencs in the tv spots from what was actually in the movie, and the weird thing, is that I liked the delivery in the tv spots more.

-"it's simple. Kill the Bat-Man". Compared to the movie, where he says, "it's simple, we uhh, kill the Batman".

And I think there may have been another, but I can't think of it off the top of my head, and yes, I like the way he delivered it in the tv spot that you showed, too.

I think this was a deliberate move by Nolan to show us as much of Heath's performance as possible.

OT: I didn't know where to post this:

Heath Ledger exhibition planned for Perth

An exhibition about the life of Heath Ledger, with displays including the diary he kept while developing his Oscar-winning character The Joker in the movie The Dark Knight, is being planned by the WA Museum.
The actor's father, Kim Ledger, is working with the museum to develop the exhibition, which will tell the story of the late star's life, including stories from his childhood and later in life as a movie star.
The Oscar he won after he died, The Joker's costume and a painting of Ledger by Melbourne artist Vincent Fantauzzo will feature in the exhbition.

Mr Ledger said his family were "extremely pleased" to have an exhibition "preserving and providing historical personal information, objects of interest and movie paraphernalia for a display which will attract both local interest and visitors to WA, from interstate and overseas".
It is hoped the exhibition will open in 2012.
"As well as the stories from his youth and early career, the exhibition will document his aspirations as a director, his talented work creating music videos and his formidable abilities as a chess player and photographer," Arts Minister John Day said.
"It will also provide an insight into the scope of Heath's interests and achievements outside his film career."
Each of Ledger's major movies, including The Dark Knight, Brokeback Mountain and Two Hands, will feature in the exhibition.
Next month a tribute night for the actor who died after taking prescription medicines in January, 2008, is planned at Movies By Burswood. His family and famous friend Gemma Ward are expected to attend on February 12.

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment...ibition-planned-for-perth-20110124-1a2fa.html

Watched The Vanishing tonight...couldn't help but see a resemblance between Heath Ledgers' Joker and Jeff Bridges' Barney Cousins character.

EXACTLY!! I've always thought this. I mean ****, you wanna know how I got these scars? Keifer Sutherland put a shovel in my mouth!!

The one character that really reminds me of Ledger's Joker the way he acts and talks is Brad Douriff's character in Exorcist III

Never bothered me and 90% of the other people who enjoyed TDK to be honest. It's sad that some people turn every detail into something to just nitpick for the sake of nitpicking.

The one thing that bothered me, still bothers me, is that he never got to see the finished movie and that he died so unexpectedly.

IMO Mark Hamill was better, but was pretty cool too. He worked damn well for the way the character was written.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"