Iron Man/Tony Stark - Robert Downey Jr

Discussion in 'Avengers: Endgame' started by Iceman, Oct 16, 2018.

1. HKpowerup Registered

Bravo to RDJ, his finest bit of acting ever in the MCU.

2. KaijuDude1992 Registered

Yep Downey really deserves some kind of awards recognition for what he has done in these movies, especially after IW and now Endgame. Truly phenomenal work.

Naglfar likes this.
  3. ironman_rick Registered

yeah...... i really hope he gets nominated for acting awards for this movie.

Iron_Stark, Naglfar and KaijuDude1992 like this.
  4. legendkillin Registered

The only one that could play Mr.Stark.

KaijuDude1992 and Naglfar like this.
  5. B [insert witty comment]

Really enjoyed RDJ's performance in Endgame from start to finish. Powerful stuff from his first to last scenes in the film.

KaijuDude1992, jolldan and Naglfar like this.
  6. jolldan Registered

Could agree more

• from his opening message to Pepper
    • To his talk with Steve about wanting to save what they had but has to save what he has now
    • The talk between him and his dad
    • And the final "I am Iron Man" before the snap,

Would say he had the best dialogue of the movie.

#56 jolldan, Apr 26, 2019
    Last edited by moderator kvz5: Apr 28, 2019
    Iron_Stark, KaijuDude1992 and Naglfar like this.
  7. Bim Registered

I love RDJ, but this movie just elevated him to a whole other level.

Part of me was really hoping he would open his eyes again, but darn, his death scene was just brutal. The role reversal with Peter alone destroyed me lol. And then the end credits with his picture just ugh. The whole room just exploded in applause. What a send off. I will miss the heck out of Iron Man in the next movies :(

Naglfar and KaijuDude1992 like this.
  8. JOE _________________________

“You're not the guy to make the sacrifice play...”

I love you Tony. :’(

KaijuDude1992 likes this.
  9. samsnee Ok

I watched Weird Science the other day and totally forgot he was in it. It’s crazy how far he has come in his career.

KaijuDude1992 likes this.
  10. Iron_Stark Pepperony 3000

Truly the greatest Avenger.

RDJ knocked it out of the park. Part of me is satisfied with the ending, with RDJ leaving like that, but the Iron Man fan in me wants him to somehow come back for a 4th and final happy ending movie. I mean freaking Loki is alive again after 101165 deaths.

If this is the last time we see Iron Man on film, well it's been a fun ride, from watching the bootleg grainy SDCC Iron Man 1 trailer all the way back in '07 to last night.

My journey with the MCU is also at it's end, no announced or presumed movies interest me, and I have no interest in seeing a new set of characters in future Avengers movies, no new set of characters are ever going to replace the OG 6 Avengers.

It's been fun everyone, cheers!

11. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

This was RDJ and Stark at their best.

Hunter Rider and Iron_Stark like this.
  12. Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014/2019 Champion

While Cap is my MVP, Tony is right there. I got misty eyed. All I can say is thank you Robert. You truly were Iron Man and will be missed. This was your first hour IMO, and the greatest superhero send off.

Tonight I shall toast in your honor

Iceman, Flint Marko and Iron_Stark like this.
  13. jolldan Registered

Agree with all here im still sort of in a state of mourning, haven't quite come to terms with the fact we will probably never see him again:(

:im:

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang is criminally underrated if you are a big RDJ fan.

Xeno and Iceman like this.
  14. THORin #StayHome

let's just say I was not prepared AT ALL for that. I was convinced Cap was gonna die, in that scene where he's standing alone against all of Thanos' army, but when Tony died to save the world, that was beautiful, and heart-wrenching. I was sobbing. I don't think I'll get over that death for a while. That beautiful credits-sequence with him was so emotional too. And I'm so glad he got to meet his father one last time before he died, so there was closure to that storyline.

Mr.T, Iceman, Bim and 2 others like this.
  15. HotRodEconomist Registered

Me too. I went in expecting Cap to die...

THORin likes this.
  16. baerrtt Registered

RDJ saved his best performance as Stark for his last movie. His take on a decades old character was so influential it shaped the tone of the MCU on it's own and even led to the Stark of the source material/ comics becoming more in line with RDJ's.

A perfect, fitting end for one of blockbuster cinema's greatest protagonists and a thankful reminder of the talent and charisma of the actor who inhabited him for these last 11 years.

17. ironman_rick Registered

My sentiments exactly....can't imagine an avengers movie without tony or cap.

But if the new avengers movies don't start making "avengers $$$"....i am pretty sure disney will find a way for MCU to bring tony back. They are after all bringing back Palpatine :)

Iceman and KaijuDude1992 like this.
  18. Leenie Registered

I won't post any spoilers, but I will say this:

When the movie ended, the theater audience I was in attendance with gave the movie a standing ovation. And the theater erupted with applause again when Robert Downey Jr.'s name appeared in the end credits.

The MCU wouldn't have taken off without RDJ. His charisma set up this ENTIRE movie franchise, and he has consistently been Iron Man for over a decade (without being in many other movies during that time period, too). Literally, without him, the MCU wasn't going to work.

Thank you for everything, RDJ. You are Iron Man. :hrt:

19. Flint Marko Bring me Thanos (P)

Good times man. I remember watching that footage and knowing we were about to see something special.

I really have nothing new or unique to add that hasn’t already been said, but I’m still in awe. I can’t even believe how amazing this movie was. I can’t even wrap my head around how Downey and Marvel just kept topping themselves.

What a journey.

TeeKay, Iceman, Leenie and 1 other person like this.
  20. harlequinade DayGirl

RDJ is a legend. What a performance, what a character, what a gift

TalismanRing, Iceman, THORin and 2 others like this.
  21. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

He started and ended a new era in CBM history.

Leenie and Hunter Rider like this.
  22. Hunter Rider Ronin

Great performance from RDJ, I felt Tony and Cap rightfully were front and center in this one and Tony had some fantastic scenes, especially in the Time Heist portion of the movie, and the scene at the start where he goes off at Cap might be RDJ's finest moment in the MCU, it was so raw and real. I loved the fact
    he dealt the final blow to Thanos with the "I am Iron Man!" line, it was fitting as the MCU was built on his shoulders.

I wanted
    Tony to live, especially after seeing the life he'd built with Pepper and Morgan, but what a way to go out, it was so emotional. :(

23. KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

RDJ as Tony was always a great strength of the MCU... But I won't lie and say that after IM1 and A1 for too many films they simply coasted with him in the role. It honestly wasn't until CW and then followed through with S-M:HC and IW that you started to really get under the hood and now in hindsight you can see some real progression with the character all leading up to this incredible story where he takes the co-lead spotlight with Evans' Steve Rogers.

From the first moments on screen to his oh so bitter sweet ending RDJ owned this role and made this film that much more enjoyable NOT just because he was given good jokes. He was given something that resonated beyond just being a lovable genius *****ebag. It's amazing what can be done when you have an actual and strong dramatic focus not undercut by needless amounts of humor. That's not to say he wasn't funny. But in my opinion this was a case of something in the MCU where they didn't, again, just coast on "fun" and "humor".

Tony Stark went out like a boss and thanks to the arc that started in IM1 but most importantly gained more weight and meaning with CW, Homecoming and IW, he's one of the great onscreen super heroes and his presence will be sorely missed in the new landscape of the MCU post Endgame. I can't think of anything else to say. We should all be thankful that RDJ sorted his life out and gave us this amazing journey with an undeniably cool super hero with a heart stronger than iron.

24. Donner Formerly Elektra1

I feel this.

RDJ is an incredible person and he has the ultimate comeback story. The theatre was silent at his death and the funeral and I heard grown men sniffling. I had hope that he would survive the snap, but his saying "I am Ironman" should have been the big clue. You did amazing, Robert.

25. LvtLeeTDK Fullmetal Alchemist

I can sleep with Cap die and Tony live. But the reverse, while as incredible and amazing, just makes me feel disturbed. I really can’t sleep knowing that Iron Man is dead.

I just can’t