Is WW still up for a 2007 release?

Binker

Superhero
Reaction score
Because its still in script stage. If not 2007, then 2008. What do you think?

Due to the fact that Whedon just turned in the script, I doubt it'll even be near a 2007 release. Let alone there hasn't been a word of when filming begins, or who he wants for the role. Most likely if things don't start to pick up soon, then maybe an early 2009 date or late 2008.

Whedon turned in that script back in, what, March? I think it's in the re-writing stages.

I think they can still make it a 2007 release.

Didn't X-Men 3 start filming in the fall of 2005?
Since that is being released now in may then I would think WW could make a 2007 summer release.

Then again I have no idea how long a movie is in pre-production after the scripts finished or how much Whedon is currently working on it. For all I now he could've been scouting for cast members for a while already.

as far as we know Whedon has turned in a draft to the producers and they have asked him to do some re-writes, that's it. Whedon doesnt want to comment on anything to do with pre-production let alone casting.

so will this film make the 2007 release? doesnt look like it will now, and unlike X3 where they had most of the main cast all set and most of pre-production work done this WW movie doesnt exist anywhere other than pages of a script that has yet to be approved by the studio.

to be honest it seems like The Flash has even more direction in terms of getting it onscreen. at least Goyer has an actor in mind right away as soon as his script is greenlighted by the studios.

When did Superman start filming? they can totally pull it off i think. Having it come out in 2008 would mean it would come out around the same time as Batman Begins.

thedarks0ldier said:
When did Superman start filming? they can totally pull it off i think. Having it come out in 2008 would mean it would come out around the same time as Batman Begins.

Superman started filming a few months before X3.

I'm hoping either Flash or Wonder Woman gets a 2007 release . I can't see how they can fit both in addition to the new Batman in 2008.

Monica looks totally bodacious in there but let's face it, she's gonna be pushing 45 by the time it releases, there's no way she'll be cast as WW or Diana.

bulok said:
Monica looks totally bodacious in there but let's face it, she's gonna be pushing 45 by the time it releases, there's no way she'll be cast as WW or Diana.

Age is hardly a factor for Whedon, he just wants someone he feels would portray the character correctly. Both he and Joel Silver wanted Kim Basinger at one point, who right now is 52. Though, that rumor was months ago it doesn't seem likely. And with the way things are going with the film, he'll probably cast someone around their 20's to 30's.

Hey Pimpernel is that from a Darna picture? Those cleavage look familiar :D

Doubt it. But Ghost Rider is coming out in 2007! And Spider-Man 3!

Batman said:
Age is hardly a factor for Whedon, he just wants someone he feels would portray the character correctly. Both he and Joel Silver wanted Kim Basinger at one point, who right now is 52. Though, that rumor was months ago it doesn't seem likely. And with the way things are going with the film, he'll probably cast someone around their 20's to 30's.

Very good point, Batman. :O :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"