Iron Man 2 Jackson Signs NINE Picture deal to play Fury

In that case, name one single Marvel film set in the 616 universe. If you can not do that for me then you are wrong. I'll give you a heads up... you are wrong.

I'am sticking by my opinion. No one will change my mind about this strange movie-verse that Marvel has tried to created. I 'am sticking to my principles and wheather my opinion is right or wrong, it is for me to decide and no one else. You will never chance my mind. I don't think the Spider-Man, Daredevil, Fantantis Four, or Ghost Rider movies take place in your so call movie-verse. If these movies did take place in the movie-verse, where is your poof. It must be poof that I can read and cross references with other data.

:im::im::im::im:

I'am sticking by my opinion. No one will change my mind about this strange movie-verse that Marvel has tried to created. I 'am sticking to my principles and wheather my opinion is right or wrong, it is for me to decide and no one else. You will never chance my mind. I don't think the Spider-Man, Daredevil, Fantantis Four, or Ghost Rider movies take place in your so call movie-verse. If these movies did take place in the movie-verse, where is your poof. It must be poof that I can read and cross references with other data.

umm...proof. ok how about it was a movie adaptation. they didnt show comic pages for 2 hours, so therefor its not the comic book world....

I think it is a conspiracy by Marvel and Marvel Entertainment to get more minority kids to buy more comic books and to go to the movies. That' why we have Sam Jackson as Nick Fury in the comics and in the films. The reason there is a black Nick Fury at all is because 95% of comic book heroes in the DC and Marvel are white. The opposite thing can be said about the NFL. 75% of the players in the NFL are black and 25% are white. Business is business, and they will do anything possible to get people in the movies or at the big game. Remember companies are very greedy and they all need to be shut down! All of them!!! Time to go back to the Stone Age!

95% of comic book characters are white because the vast majority of popular characters had their origins in the 30's 40' and 60's. Everything was like that. You have to get past you're love for source material. Just because it appears in a comic book doesn't mean it's infallible and above criticism. Also many people like the ultimate universe because it hasn't become as ****ed up with lame ret-cons that are everywhere to cover up lamer plot twists that have accumulated over the decades. Your arguing that there does not exist a movieverse is quite comical because it clearly does exist. Fact.

:huh:

95% of comic book characters are white because the vast majority of popular characters had their origins in the 30's 40' and 60's. Everything was like that. You have to get past you're love for source material. Just because it appears in a comic book doesn't mean it's infallible and above criticism. Also many people like the ultimate universe because it hasn't become as ****ed up with lame ret-cons that are everywhere to cover up lamer plot twists that have accumulated over the decades. Your arguing that there does not exist a movieverse is quite comical because it clearly does exist. Fact.

qft.

Where in the grand sence of your logic that a movie-verse exist? Where is your data to back up your post? Show me the proof and try to back it up with hard data.

Yeah, get past the source material for a super-hero movie and get a movie like Catwoman. I don't think so. I would never waste my money on a movie like Catwoman.

Spider-Man
Um, Spidey's web shooters were organic in the movie, something neither 616, nor Ultimates used. Also, in 616 the spider that bit him was radioactive, in the Ultimate it was genetically engineered, just like in the movie. So Spider-Man did pull from 616 and Ultimate.
Daredevil
Elektra's costume was straight out of Ultimate. And Kingpin was made black for the movie.
Fantastic Four
Even thought the "Cosmic Storm" origin was kept from 616, Doctor Doom got his powers in the same accident as the FF, just like in the Ultimates. He also transformed the same way he did in the Ultimates.
Ghost Rider
The only reason Ghost Rider didn't borrow from the Ultimates was because he wasn't in the Ultimates. But there were changes made for the movie. Most noteably Blackheart and Mephisto's designs.

Also, more proof that they exist in their own movie-verse is the most obvious. None of these four films ever give any mention to the others. Spider-man, Daredevil, and Fantastic Four all take place in New York City and yet never cross paths. Even X-Men is mainly in New York and it only ackwoledges Spider-Man in a gag reel.

Last edited:
Yeah, get past the source material for a super-hero movie and get a movie like Catwoman. I don't think so. I would never waste my money on a movie like Catwoman.

But you will waste a lot of posts referencing it. Truth be told, it's actually worth watching just to see Halle Berry in that skimpy outfit.

Spider-Man
Um, Spidey's web shooters were organic in the movie, something neither 616, nor Ultimates used. Also, in 616 the spider that bit him was radioactive, in the Ultimate it was genetically engineered, just like in the movie. So Spider-Man did pull from 616 and Ultimate.
Daredevil
Elektra's costume was straight out of Ultimate. And Kingpin was made black for the movie.
Fantastic Four
Even thought the "Cosmic Storm" origin was kept from 616, Doctor Doom got his powers in the same accident as the FF, just like in the Ultimates. He also transformed the same way he did in the Ultimates.
Ghost Rider
The only reason Ghost Rider didn't borrow from the Ultimates was because he wasn't in the Ultimates. But there were changes made for the movie. Most noteably Blackheart and Mephisto's designs.

Also, more proof that they exist in their own movie-verse is the most obvious. None of these four films ever give any mention to the others. Spider-man, Daredevil, and Fantastic Four all take place in New York City and yet never cross paths. Even X-Men is mainly in New York and it only ackwoledges Spider-Man in a gag reel.

:up: These movies are all obviously in their own universe.

Let's do it this way: what is your definitive evidence that the movies are part of the 616 universe? Also, what is your reasoning in denying that the movies are in their own universe? Just want hear your opinion. I understand you dislike the Ultimate universe. There are a few people who wanted the classic white Fury in the films. No one is saying that films HAVE to use elements from the Ultimates. I personally love that the movies are blending the universes and developing even more new and exciting ways of telling classic stories for the big screen. Regardless of that though, it's nearly impossible to try and shoe horn the films into 616.

There's no point arguing it.... it's very obvious these films are in their own universe. If he doesn't want to accept it, then let him continue to live in ignorance :o

I understand your point of view. I dislike anything about the Ulimate Unverse. I do not want to see anything in any Marvel movies that deals with the Ultimate Universe. The Spider-Man movies, Ghost Rider movie, the Daredevil movie, and Fantastic Four movies do not take place in The Ultimate Universe. So why must we have the Iron Man and The Incredible Hulk movies located somewhere in between Universe 616 and the Ulitmate Universe? I think it is a conspiracy by Marvel and Marvel Entertainment to get more minority kids to buy more comc books and to go to the movies. That' why we have Sam Jackson as Nick Fury in the comics and in the films. The reason there is a black Nick Fury at all is because 95% of comic book heros in the DC and Marvel are white. The oppisite thing can be said about the NFL. 75% of the players in the NFL are black and 25% are white. Business is business, and they will do anything possible to get people in the movies or at the big game. Remeber companies are very greedy and they all need to be shut down! All of them!!! Time to go back to the Stone Age!

tsbhbnotamusedkhan.jpg

Spider-Man
Daredevil
Fantastic Four
Ghost Rider

:up: These movies are all obviously in their own universe.

Which is considered part of a Movie-Verse. Each company has their own movie-verse.

Is it an official term? Doubt it.

But neither is 616.

(Just trying to add to the quotes of evidence.)

But seriously. No one can really be this ignorant right? This has all gotta just be a joke.

Which is considered part of a Movie-Verse. Each company has their own movie-verse.

Is it an official term? Doubt it.

But neither is 616.

(Just trying to add to the quotes of evidence.)

But seriously. No one can really be this ignorant right? This has all gotta just be a joke.
Hmm, and you've been posting here since May '06. There are plenty of posters here that are that ignorant.

Spider-Man
Daredevil
Fantastic Four
Ghost Rider

Your argument is that most of the super-hero movies exist in their own separate and different movie-verse. Right? If that is your argument, how can you have an Avengers movie? You are saying that the Spider-Man movies, Daredevil movie and so on, exist in different and total separated universes. That they are not connected in any way to Universe 616 or the Ultimate Universe and are totally seaparated. If that is your argument,we will never see characters like Spider-Man, Thor, Beast, Wolverine, Mister Fantastic, The Thing, and the Invisible Woman as Avengers.That these characters all exist in a different and separate universe. That they will make no connection to Iron Man, War Machine, She-Hulk, The Hulk, Black Widow, Captain America, and Hawkeye, and that they will exist in a universe different than Spider-Man, The X-Men, or The Fantastic Four. Even though, all these characters have been Avengers, West Coast Avengers, or New Avengers at one time in their life. Also, were can I see that gag reel of Spider-Man?

Last edited:
Spider-Man
Daredevil
Fantastic Four
Ghost Rider

I agree with you about Spider-Man's Web Shooters on being organic. That makes perfect sense to me. Since real spiders make their own webbing. It is only logical that Spide-Man would be able to make his own webbing. If memory serves me right, I think Stan Lee would also agree with that statement.

The reason Kingpin was black is for two reason. First, movies are portray as an art form and since art reflects real life in some manner. It makes perfect sense to me that a black man would play the Kingpin. More black men in real life commit more crime than any other race living here in America. Also, there are more black men in prision nowadays, then other races. Second, the shear size of Micheal Ducan Clark made sense. I don't think anyone in Hollywood is as big as Clark.

I really did not like the ending of Fantantis Four: Rise of the Silver Surver. The first one was much bettter than the second. I can not understand Tim Story's resonsoning for using a sentinel Cosmic Storm instead of putting a fifty foot alien in a purple costume on the silver screen. I guess he felt it was to ridiculous to put on film. I personal felt that he ran out of money for the film, even though he had a budget of $130M to do the film.

Sorry, I'am old school when it comes to Comic Books. I rather read books from the 60's, 70's, and 80's. I'am not a big fan of the books from the 90's or nowadays. I'am a fan of Stan Lee, Jack Kirby, Alan Moore, and Chris Claremont. I' don't like change too much, especially when it comes to Comic Books. Hell, I didn't vote for Obama. I'am still waiting for all the change he promise during his campaign. Still waiting and waiting.

Last edited:

You can get mad all you want, I'am still not buying this load of crap about this so called movie-verse or the Ultimate Universe! Not buying it! I grew up with Universe 616 and I'am sticking by it! I hope this line of Ultimate Universe books loses sales and they take the whole line off the market!

Last edited:
You can get mad all you want, I'am still not buying this load of crap about this so called movie-verse or the Ulimate Universe. Not buying it. I grew up with the 616 Universe and I'am sticking by it. I hope this line of Ulimate Universe books loses sales and they take the whole line off the market.

I'm not mad. I'm actually tremendously amused at your stubborn logic. You're mad.

Why would you want the whole Ultimates line off the market? If you don't like it then don't read it. This is the 21st century. You don't have to listen to the same music, watch the same movies, or read the same books as everyone else. There are choices. Just let the people who enjoy other things enjoy them. YOU can make the Ultimate universe disappear for your self by not reading it.

Also, maybe you should say everything you need to say in reply to a post IN ONE POST?! You've already quoted my post three times and have done the same thing to others. Are you just trying to get a high post count?

I hope you're a troll, but i don't think so.

Hmm, and you've been posting here since May '06. There are plenty of posters here that are that ignorant.

And most of them have been very sporadic. It's only been recently that I have been posting more.

Your argument is that most of the super-hero movies exist in their own separate and different movie-verse. Right? If that is your argument, how can you have an Avengers movie? You are saying that the Spider-Man movies, Daredevil movie and so on, exist in different and total separated universes. That they are not connected in any way to Universe 616 or the Ulitimate Universe and are totally seaparated. If that is your argument,we will never see characters like Spider-Man, Thor, Beast, Wolverine, Mister Fantastic, The Thing, and the Invisible Woman as Avengers.That these characters all exist in a different and separate universe. That they will make no connection to Iron Man, War Machine, She-Hulk, The Hulk, Black Widow, Captain America, and Hawkeye, and that they will exist in a universe different than Spider-Man, The X-Men, or the Fantastic Four. Even though, all these characters have been Avengers, West Coast Avengers, or New Avengers at one time in their life. Also, were can I see that gag reel of Spider-Man?

Now you're getting it. For quite a while we were not going to get An Avengers movie. But then the rights reverted back to Marvel for the core members. Because of that Marvel is able to have Iron Man, Cap, Thor, Ant-Man, Widow, Hawkeye, Hulk among many others in the same film.

You can get mad all you want, I'am still not buying this load of crap about this so called movie-verse or the Ultimate Universe! Not buying it! I grew up with Universe 616 and I'am sticking by it! I hope this line of Ultimate Universe books loses sales and they take the whole line off the market!

This "Universe 616" you speak of what is it? I've heard of it. But I've looked it up. No Marvel official has acknowledged that it exists.

I'm not mad. I'm actually tremendously amused at your stubborn logic. You're mad.

Why would you want the whole Ultimates line off the market? If you don't like it then don't read it. This is the 21st century. You don't have to listen to the same music, watch the same movies, or read the same books as everyone else. There are choices. Just let the people who enjoy other things enjoy them. YOU can make the Ultimate universe disappear for your self by not reading it.

Also, maybe you should say everything you need to say in reply to a post IN ONE POST?! You've already quoted my post three times and have done the same thing to others. Are you just trying to get a high post count?

I hope you're a troll, but i don't think so.

You got a very good point. I'am stubborn and I still won't change my mind about the movie-verse or the Ultimate Universe. So I must be quite mad and I love it.

Last edited:
And most of them have been very sporadic. It's only been recently that I have been posting more.

Now you're getting it. For quite a while we were not going to get An Avengers movie. But then the rights reverted back to Marvel for the core members. Because of that Marvel is able to have Iron Man, Cap, Thor, Ant-Man, Widow, Hawkeye, Hulk among many others in the same film.

This "Universe 616" you speak of what is it? I've heard of it. But I've looked it up. No Marvel official has acknowledged that it exists.

If you go to Wikipedia and look under Multiverse Marvel Comics you will find the Earth-616 Universe. This is the main universe seen in Marvel Comics. Also, I don't see a listing for this so called movie-verse. I think comic book fans just made it up. Beside, Marvel needs to get rid of some of their Multiverse Universes. They must have at least fifty or more different universes.They have way too many for my taste. It's hard for some fans to keep track of what stories and what universe things take place in. Let get rid of the Ulimate Universe first. For explampe, Earth-928 is know as the Marvel 2099 Universe. The Ulitmate Universe is also known as the Earth-1610 universe.

Last edited:
I just think it's funny that you think it made sense to make Kingpin black because he's a criminal. That didn't come across as racist AT ALL....

Your argument is that most of the super-hero movies exist in their own separate and different movie-verse. Right? If that is your argument, how can you have an Avengers movie? You are saying that the Spider-Man movies, Daredevil movie and so on, exist in different and total separated universes. That they are not connected in any way to Universe 616 or the Ultimate Universe and are totally seaparated. If that is your argument,we will never see characters like Spider-Man, Thor, Beast, Wolverine, Mister Fantastic, The Thing, and the Invisible Woman as Avengers.That these characters all exist in a different and separate universe. That they will make no connection to Iron Man, War Machine, She-Hulk, The Hulk, Black Widow, Captain America, and Hawkeye, and that they will exist in a universe different than Spider-Man, The X-Men, or The Fantastic Four. Even though, all these characters have been Avengers, West Coast Avengers, or New Avengers at one time in their life. Also, were can I see that gag reel of Spider-Man?

No, that is not my argument. I was pointing out that the four films you listed as not existing in a movie-verse, but rather the 616 universe, do exist in the movie-verse. A point you totally missed.

See the movie-verse is it's own stand alone universe, seperate from 616 and Ultimates. It pulls from both 616 and Ultimates, while simply making other parts up entirely.
If the Marvel films were exact translations from the original 616, they wouldn't work. The source material is dated, and every film would have to be set in different timelines. You would also have the problem that multiple characters were created at different times. So X-Men, for example, would have to be set in 1962. And in order to add Wolverine, created in 1974, you would need to age all of the X-Men 12 years. You see the problem this creates? (Probably not)
My point is hat, wether you accept it or not, the movie-verse is very real and will continue to exist as long as comic book movies continue to be popular.

Kirk 1701 said:
I agree with you about Spider-Man's Web Shooters on being organic. That makes perfect sense to me. Since real spiders make their own webbing. It is only logical that Spider-Man would be able to make his own webbing. If memory serves me right, I think Stan Lee would also agree with that statement.

The reason Kingpin was black is for two reason. First, movies are portray as an art form and since art reflects real life in some manner. It makes perfect sense to me that a black man would play the Kingpin. More black men in real life commit more crime than any other race living here in America. Also, there are more black men in prision nowadays, then other races. Second, the shear size of Micheal Ducan Clark made sense. I don't think anyone in Hollywood is as big as Clark.

I really did not like the ending of Fantantis Four: Rise of the Silver Surver. The first one was much bettter than the second. I can not understand Tim Story's resonsoning for using a sentinel Cosmic Storm instead of putting a fifty foot alien in a purple costume on the silver screen. I guess he felt it was to ridiculous to put on film. I personal felt that he ran out of money for the film, even though he had a budget of $130M to do the film.

Sorry, I'am old school when it comes to Comic Books. I rather read books from the 60's, 70's, and 80's. I'am not a big fan of the books from the 90's or nowadays. I'am a fan of Stan Lee, Jack Kirby, Alan Moore, and Chris Claremont. I' don't like change too much, especially when it comes to Comic Books. Hell, I didn't vote for Obama. I'am still waiting for all the change he promise during his campaign. Still waiting and waiting.
The red parts are directly contradicted by the bold black print.
Also, you did not really acknowledge any of my points as proof that there is a movie-verse. You said that these films exist in the 616, yet I showed you how they pulled from Ultimates, and even made some stuff up completely. Any time you change the continuity of the comic book, you create a seperate universe. Get over it.

The gag reel showing the X-Men encountering Spider-Man is on the X-Men Special Edition DVD in an easter egg.

Last edited:
This is all very easily explained.

The comics and films are separate entities. Period.

However, it would seem that any superhero franchise produced by a studio other than Marvel is completely standalone, lacking any interaction with another franchise, even one of the same studio.

Marvel is now in the process of creating what I like to believe is the "Official Marvel Movie-verse". In my opinion, anything created directly by Marvel Studios is movie-verse canon. This means that other studios' franchises (Sony's Spider-Man, Fox's X-Men, etc.) are re-imaginings of the characters, while Marvel-made Spider-Man or X-Men films would be canon in the Marvel movie-verse.

That is correct, we won't. And you know why? Because Marvel doesn't own the film rights to any of those characters. So no, unless Sony and Fox let go of X-men, F4, and Spidey, we will never see them in an Avengers movie.

I don't know if you browse the Hulk threads, but the Hulk's fight in the college scene was actually supposed to be in New York at Spider-man's college. Sony wouldn't even let Marvel use the name Empire University.

And trying to argue that the movies are in the same universe as the comics is ridiculous. Just look at all the changes that were made. Gwen Stacy doesn't even know Peter before the Green Goblin dies, Sandman is Uncle Ben's real killer, Harry doesn't even call himself a Goblin, Mary Jane now want's to be an actress instead of a model, Spider-man has organic webshooters and is bitten by a genetically altered spider instead of a radioactive one.

All the movies have substantial changes from the comics. They aren't in the same universe at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"