James Wan WILL direct Aquaman

James Wan was realy able to rise high in Hollywood, i mean, before The Conjuring he was mostly playing with low budgeted horror and had 2 run-away hits, and 2 flops. Who knew 5 years ago that the Director or Saw and Insidious would end up directing a film that is close to snatching the 3rd place of highest grossing film worldwide.

I do hope he keeps making these smaller horror film in between each one of these blockbusters.

James Wan was realy able to rise high in Hollywood, i mean, before The Conjuring he was mostly playing with low budgeted horror and had 2 run-away hits, and 2 flops. Who knew 5 years ago that the Director or Saw and Insidious would end up directing a film that is close to snatching the 3rd place of highest grossing film worldwide.

I do hope he keeps making these smaller horror film in between each one of these blockbusters.

He's doing the 2nd Conjuring movie this fall right? I definitely think he'll do his smaller project in-between the blockbusters.

This is great news. I've only seen Saw and The Conjuring but I'm confident Wan can handle this material.

He's doing the 2nd Conjuring movie this fall right? I definitely think he'll do his smaller project in-between the blockbusters.

It has a release date for 2016 yes. But i guess the Fast & Furious Franchise will need another Director now. Justin Lin seems to be filling in his resume with as much variety as he can, though at the end of day he seems to have a preference for the Horror genre.

I like this. tbh aside from BvS and suicide squad, I'm most excited about aquaman.

I even enjoyed Wan's Death Sentence. It's his weakest movie thus far, but it had Kevin Bacon and John Goodman in it and that's a plus for me. :o

I even enjoyed Wan's Death Sentence. It's his weakest movie thus far, but it had Kevin Bacon and John Goodman in it and that's a plus for me. :o

Nah, Insidious 2 is the weakest. Kevin Bacon's Revenge is a f****** great movie. Speaking of Kevins...

Kevin Smith had a great analogy for this movie. DC are the first ones to venture into the water based superhero world so they better not ''s*** in the pool''.

:oldrazz:

I don't understand the initial question here. I have made it clear that I am not optimistic about James Wan's hiring, and, given the thread title, that is all that should be under discussion here. Shall I go off-topic?

I would consider myself a realist with regard to this Aquaman film. The director has a filmography populated with mediocre to substandard horror fare. He simply has not made good films. Even the original Saw, which made him famous, was a fortuitous product of its time and does not hold up to repeat viewings. Wan is a certified hack. The studios hire him because he makes films that are salable products--not art. Be wary of any director deemed suitable to helm the Fast & Furious franchise, even the 21st century version of John Singleton.

Quite simply, I would rather see one great Aquaman film over a product tailored to spawn a host of money-grubbing sequels. And I cannot realistically expect that with James Wan involved.

Oh well. There is no point in you posting here than because James Wan is directing this whether you like it or not.

Oh... But he'll still post here. Regularly I bet, and get into arguments continually. And we'll all wonder why someone that has no interest in the director or the star would come to a forum on a constant basis to tell us all how much he dislikes both the director and the star and how badly WB is fumbling everything? And then he'll type long screeds about how he just doesn't get why people in the AM forum aren't going gaga over the poster whose only contribution to any and all discussion is how much he thinks the film will suck.

But such is life on the Hype.

9MWMrAF.jpg

I didn't really care for Insidious or The Conjuring. But I did like Saw and Death sentence so I' am remaining cautiously optimistic about Wan.

Oh... But he'll still post here. Regularly I bet, and get into arguments continually. And we'll all wonder why someone that has no interest in the director or the star would come to a forum on a constant basis to tell us all how much he dislikes both the director and the star and how badly WB is fumbling everything? And then he'll type long screeds about how he just doesn't get why people in the AM forum aren't going gaga over the poster whose only contribution to any and all discussion is how much he thinks the film will suck.

Then he'll take on a persecution status and feel like everyone is picking on him...he'll even go and make a thread just for the naysayers.

Studios hire directors to direct their big budget tentpole films primarily so that the GA will enjoy them and they'll make lots of money. OMG stop the presses, we're all completely shocked that these films are mostly about entertainment value. ;)

Studios hire directors to direct their big budget tentpole films primarily so that the GA will enjoy them and they'll make lots of money. OMG stop the presses, we're all completely shocked that these films are mostly about entertainment value. ;)
The John Singleton comparison was particularly bizarre because the two don't make the same kinds of films. The only thing they have in common is that they directed a Fast and Furious film. So I guess James Cameron and Ridley Scott are the exact same kind of director because they directed an Alien movie, you know even though they totally aren't.

I get him not liking Wan but that was a stupid comparison.

I first became an Aquaman fan in the 60's back when he had his own cartoon show. This was pre Superfriends. I've been a fan ever since and while I realize that the cartoon is a lot of why there were jokes made about him and he was mocked by all the superhero snobs he still had me as a fan. One of my favorite things about him was his mighty steed. Storm the seahorse. And while that could easily be one of the things the movie will toss aside about the character I would hope that Mr Wan would see fit to include Storm in the movie in some small way. Maybe he rides him in some Ceremonial parade? Maybe the people of Atlantis hold jousting tournaments? Or maybe he gets the chance to save Arthur's life? Because let's just admit it. Riding a giant seahorse is pimp.

3538464-arthur_curry_(justice)_003_and_storm_the_seahorse_(justice)_002.jpg

also if Wan is looking for an explanation on how Aquaman can "swim" so fast he should use the idea that some Atlanteans can manipulate water. What Arthur does when he swims is contract it in front of him and expand it behind him. Basically shooting him through the water like a hydraulically powered missile.

Not really no...:whatever:

Would you care to elaborate on this ridiculous statement? How exactly is my opinion invalid just because it differs from yours?

Oh well. There is no point in you posting here than because James Wan is directing this whether you like it or not.

This statement also makes no sense. This thread does not require that all comments made within it be positive. Its subject is James Wan's hiring, and I am talking about James Wan's hiring. In my experience, different points of view are the lifeblood of any online community forum. I would argue that I am the only poster in here who is making a relevant point because I am the only one who is not exhibiting blind optimism.

In short, you could not be more wrong regarding every one of your statements toward me.

Just like displaying a vote of confidence in favor of a director is not a sign of being objective, similarly displaying lack of confidence (and lack of faith) towards him does not amount to being objective either.

It's not about who's right or wrong, as they are all opinions till the movie gets released, gets reviews and does business.

Not finding anything positive at this stage will not help those who want to keep an open mind, sure those who share your opinion will join you but what's the point ? You are not doing anything constructive here.

Last edited:
Would you care to elaborate on this ridiculous statement? How exactly is my opinion invalid just because it differs from yours?

This statement also makes no sense. This thread does not require that all comments made within it be positive. Its subject is James Wan's hiring, and I am talking about James Wan's hiring. In my experience, different points of view are the lifeblood of any online community forum. I would argue that I am the only poster in here who is making a relevant point because I am the only one who is not exhibiting blind optimism.

In short, you could not be more wrong regarding every one of your statements toward me.

No..you are exhibiting blind pessimism. Why go through all that energy for something you hate?

Exactly! SMH

Not sure why WB picked himfor Aquaman .Nothing in his past films screams Aquaman.

But same thing happened with Winter soldier and it turned out well so eh.

Not sure why WB picked himfor Aquaman .Nothing in his past films screams Aquaman.

Nothing in his past screamed fast cars and huge action set pieces either, but his latest movie made over a billion at the box office. :whatever:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"