The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Jamie Foxx IS Electro - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another aspect is we are seeing more of Peter the scientist in this series so I would like to see him match wits with Ock in this regard.
Dude yes. Kinda forgot about that. Spidey/Peter ain't Spidey/Peter without the smarts. Hopefully bob orci and kurtzman extended even more on that.

Spiderdevil, Why did people want the Avengers, because its six heroes teaming up in own movie, which is epic. S6 is the same thing, but in reverse.

Well it was 6 heroes vs Loki and ****load of Chitauri

While S6 is Six top villains vs Spider-man.Not to mention he found it hard to defeat them one at a time

Also doesn't six villains teaming up to take revenge against a single hero give the wrong message? Like the city would have been better off without that one hero

While S6 is Six top villains vs Spider-man.Not to mention he found it hard to defeat them one at a time

A bigger challenge makes a more interesting story.

Also doesn't six villains teaming up to take revenge against a single hero give the wrong message? Like the city would have been better off without that one hero

:huh:

It would show that being a superhero has consequences. Might as well say that the Death of Gwen Stacy is giving the wrong message because it would mean that she would have been better off without that one hero.

Hogboglin is one of my favourite comic book villains so count me in on that! A lot rides on what route they take with Goblin's in general though, I'm still hoping for classic over Ultimate.

You and me both. Ultimate would just ruin the whole thing for me.

Doc orchestrates the Sinister 6. Without him there's no structure, no goal and no plan. The best part about the 6 is how they approach Spidey, corner him in all directions so there's nowhere to run.

You can just as easily have that without him.

This is what makes the script so powerful. He'd be torn in two directions. One of them is realizing how far he drove all these villains and how they've come together because of him. On the flip side, these are the people he's protecting the city from. Without him, this is what the city would be threatened by every day, with no one to stop it.

This inner conflict is very powerful and extremely entertaining if done properly.

You can just as easily have that without him.

Really? Who's the brains of the group?

TSSM shows this extremely well how Doc calms the group down and is constantly refocusing them on the task at hand.

Watch the episode and you'll know exactly what I'm referencing. He's the master planner for a good reason.

Hogboglin is one of my favourite comic book villains so count me in on that! A lot rides on what route they take with Goblin's in general though, I'm still hoping for classic over Ultimate.

Hobgoblin is my favorite Spider-Man villain. I hope we see him in one of the next three movies.

Hobgoblin is my favorite Spider-Man villain. I hope we see him in one of the next three movies.
We definitely won't see Hobgoblin anytime soon if they are going to use Green Goblin. It would just be too repetitive.

Maybe by the 5th or 6th film we would see Hobby.

I like Doc Ock a lot, but I really want to see some of the other good villains, not rehashes. GG can fill the Ock role in this series. I'd like to see Kraven, Mysterio, Morbius, etc.

I like Doc Ock a lot, but I really want to see some of the other good villains, not rehashes. GG can fill the Ock role in this series. I'd like to see Kraven, Mysterio, Morbius, etc.
We can still get other villains, but if we are going to get S6, we NEED Doc Ock.

I simply don't agree. GG can be the leader (new continuity, new rules). S can be GG, Lizard, Electro, Rhino, Mysterio, and maybe Kraven or Hobgoblin.

But Doc Ock is the master planner. I just wouldn't want to see Green Goblin take over.

And no Lizard.

Lizard can be the reluctant member forced to join against his will who later turns on the team.

Doc Ock has to be the leader of the team. The team is essentially his baby.

Also, I don't believe it will be a rehash. I liked Doc Ock in SM2 but they made him a lot more sympathetic than the Ock in the comics. The Doc Ock from the comics is arguably the most egotistical villain on Spider-Man's rogues gallery, despite what Dan Slott might want you to think. He is an evil genius and takes pride in it. He wants the whole world to know that he is the one behind a terrible scheme at hand whenever he causes one. I would love to see that take on Otto on the big screen. On top of that, the S6 won't be showing up till TASM 4 at the earliest assuming they're smart, don't rush things, and play their cards right (though I personally think they won't show up only after TASM 4). That is in 2018 or after. In other words, a minimum of 14 years between Alfred Molina's Ock and the new Ock.

Also, it would be nice to see a good Doc Ock on the big screen since Slott is completely butchering him in the comics at this point (along with Spidey himself).

Dude yes. Kinda forgot about that. Spidey/Peter ain't Spidey/Peter without the smarts. Hopefully bob orci and kurtzman extended even more on that.

I am confident they will, they seem to be honing all of the things they started implementing in TASM.

Yep, I don't want any more CGI creatures.

No cgi, well then Venom and Carnage are out. Rhino will probably be cgi.

Venom doesn't have to be entirely CGI though. He could have a real costume with CGI effects added to have the symbiote show off its tentacles and make it look more... slimy.

Rhino's suit will be CGI, but that's not the same as having a giant green CGI Lizard or Green Goblin.

Am I the only one of this board who actually liked the Lizard's design in TASM (I thought it was really good)?

No, I liked the Lizard's design. Resembled the early Steve Ditko version without a snout.

I hope if they ever do the black suit they do it better then in SM3.

I liked the black suit in SM3. It only made sense that if the symbiote covered his classic outfit, it would keep the same web design and patterns, and just change the color.

But if they do it over again, I'd like the classic black suit.

No, I liked the Lizard's design. Resembled the early Steve Ditko version without a snout.

I loved it - I just didn't like that he could talk. If Webb was going for a more relatable villain he didn't need to go that far - he could have just brought in Connors' family on-screen.

Webb wanted to show that the Lizard still had intelligence. A beast that doesn't talk but comes up with this bio-terrorism plot would be weird. I was glad that he could talk, I don't want SM fighting a mute Lizard the entire film.

I liked the look of the Lizard as well. Of course some scenes/bits had better cgi than others, but that's always a given

Really? Who's the brains of the group?

TSSM shows this extremely well how Doc calms the group down and is constantly refocusing them on the task at hand.

Watch the episode and you'll know exactly what I'm referencing. He's the master planner for a good reason.

What do you mean, "really"? There are a few at least that can easily be the brains of the group. Doc Ock isn't essential. If the group was only thugs other than Doc Ock then you'd have a point, but it's not and there have been Sinister Six groups without him.

I also don't need to watch TSSM because I'm not so wrapped up in a particular incarnation of the group.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"