The Amazing Spider-Man Jamie Foxx IS Electro - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm worried that if they make the Electro suit the same as the Ultimate comics then they will do the same with Green Goblin and the Ulitimate Green Goblin sucks, you only have to watch the Ultimate Spider-man cartoon for proof.

It's silly to think that because Electro won't look like a joke, we'll suddenly get Hulk Goblin.

I'm willing to possibly give the writers a chance as the source where I read the outline was from MTV, but I still don't like the whole comic suit ignorance after giving the best looking Spidey, a pretty damn accurate Lizard, and the beautiful Gwen. The whole ignoring the comic designs is just sheer stupidity.

Oh dear. :csad:
Please don't let it be close to that.

Do you really want this to be in the movie?

electro.gif

I bet when he gets his powers he'll find Spidey and assume they're now partners, and Spider-Man will make a jibe about not even remembering him and that'll be the straw that breaks the camel's back.
That would be good if this is the direction they're going. Because most people are rude to him, the encounter with Spider-Man is probably blown out of proportion in his mind.

That would be good if this is the direction they're going. Because most people are rude to him, the encounter with Spider-Man is probably blown out of proportion in his mind.
:up:

Its just concept art. Is that even official though? I don't think we'll get a suit with those designs in the end.

Didn't Electro once get a suit, tailored by a fan? Would be nice if he tries to make for himself and wants to look the part. So he actually threatens a tailor to make him something that looks good. It won't happen, but I think it could be a good reason for him to have an actual costume.

I would love a mix between the Ultimate Alliance design and Hancock.

Well, it's official, no comic related outfit. Based on the reactions, Webb and Sony will be fighting another uphill battle. Meh... This series is becoming quite bland next to it's contemporaries. The Avengers and related films make this look dated in concept. Oh well. Hopefully Marvel will get the rights back after this series ends or Sony goes Bankrupt again. Then we'll see some true comic tales. Webb is not much of a comic fan to possess the confidence to make these movies pop.

http://www.marvelousnews.com/index.php?catid=266&itemid=15602

Its just concept art. Is that even official though? I don't think we'll get a suit with those designs in the end.

I know that it's just concept art, just saying that I'm against that design. I'm pretty confident that they have a great design for Electro, I can just feel it

Well, it's official, no comic related outfit. Based on the reactions, Webb and Sony will be fighting another uphill battle. Meh... This series is becoming quite bland next to it's contemporaries. The Avengers and related films make this look dated in concept. Oh well. Hopefully Marvel will get the rights back after this series ends or Sony goes Bankrupt again. Then we'll see some true comic tales. Webb is not much of a comic fan to possess the confidence to make these movies pop.

http://www.marvelousnews.com/index.php?catid=266&itemid=15602

Huh?

Just because he's not having Jamie Foxx running around in a yellow and green suit you're able to deduce all that?

Webb's a fan of the comics, just seems like he likes to lean towards to Ultimate comics, which I prefer and I have no problem with that. Electro doesn't have a yellow and green suit in USM either.

After all, Webb's movies are an adaptation of the source materials. Like Nolan's Batman movies. Webb and co are free to pick what they feel suits their version of the universe.

Want to see Electro running around in a yellow and green suit?

Here you go.

[YT]EPf3VEAEOgM[/YT]

Some people here are overly dramatic. How many Marvel Movies adapted completely faithfully villains with completely outrages costumes like in the comics?

Huh?

Just because he's not having Jamie Foxx running around in a yellow and green suit you're able to deduce all that?

Webb's a fan of the comics, just seems like he likes to lean towards to Ultimate comics, which I prefer and I have no problem with that. Electro doesn't have a yellow and green suit in USM either.

After all, Webb's movies are an adaptation of the source materials. Like Nolan's Batman movies. Webb and co are free to pick what they feel suits their version of the universe.

Want to see Electro running around in a yellow and green suit?

Here you go.

[YT]EPf3VEAEOgM[/YT]

THANK YOU. THANK YOU. THANK YOU.

Some people here are overly dramatic. How many Marvel Movies adapted completely faithfully villains with completely outrages costumes like in the comics?
:up:

it's funny how people are calling out the green and yellow outfit as stupid, yet Marvel managed to make a Captain America suit that looks good, a Thor and Loki suit that stuck with the colours, but again didn't look outrageous. I'm not saying they should go with that, as Webb's is obviously a more grounded universe than Marvel have done, but still they could re-design so its not just bland and black like USM (which hopefully its not) Why not a dark green mixed in with black and maybe electricity flowing through the suit would make up the yellow parts or something? just have some colour as a nod to the comics but dont make it look outright rediculous.

It's also that some people on here never accepted the first film to begin with and have returned to go through the motions of voicing their disapproval of the sequel.

Yeah. So I'm expecting tons of hatred already for the movie. I honestly don't understand why so many people are mad about the costume. I thought everyone would accept the fact that that green and yellow costume does not work on film, at least not in 2014. Get over it. Bane didn't have his wrestling mask, he was British, and his whole backstory was different. The Joker didn't fall into acid, and had make-up instead. Scarecrow didn't have his comic book mask either. Doc Ock had a trench coat instead of his traditional costume.

Not everything translates onto film.

it's funny how people are calling out the green and yellow outfit as stupid, yet Marvel managed to make a Captain America suit that looks good, a Thor and Loki suit that stuck with the colours, but again didn't look outrageous. I'm not saying they should go with that, as Webb's is obviously a more grounded universe than Marvel have done, but still they could re-design so its not just bland and black like USM (which hopefully its not) Why not a dark green mixed in with black and maybe electricity flowing through the suit would make up the yellow parts or something? just have some colour as a nod to the comics but dont make it look outright rediculous.

But there is a reason as to why Captain America has his outfit. Its very iconic, it resembles the American flag, and it was designed originally during World War II. He was an American symbol. You couldn't change the design of the costume, or else it ruins the entire character.

With Electro, his costume isn't really all that important. Its just a silly green and yellow costume with lightning bolts. They changed Hawkeye's outfit entirely, and took away his mask, and kept it black. And that's because it isn't that important either.

And once again, the black suit probably resembles the USM version, which I think fits better in a modern film.

They could do that, but then I remember all the people who don't want all Spidey villains to look green. Seriously, whatever they do, no one will ever be pleased.

Well yeah.

But then again, they weren't using bright yellow.

Bright yellow doesn't work for a costume. Bright yellow, when a dominant color, Almost ALWAYS looks stupid on a costume from the comics.

Wasn't Daredevil's costume originally yellow?

But there is a reason as to why Captain America has his outfit. Its very iconic, it resembles the American flag, and it was designed originally during World War II. He was an American symbol. You couldn't change the design of the costume, or else it ruins the entire character.

With Electro, his costume isn't really all that important. Its just a silly green and yellow costume with lightning bolts. They changed Hawkeye's outfit entirely, and took away his mask, and kept it black. And that's because it isn't that important either.

And once again, the black suit probably resembles the USM version, which I think fits better in a modern film.

Well yeah.

But then again, they weren't using bright yellow.

Bright yellow doesn't work for a costume. Bright yellow, wen a dominant color, Almost ALWAYS looks stupid on a costume from the comics.

Yeah, but my point is, they still made the costume look as good as it could have done without radically changing it. I was more talking on line with what they did with Loki and Thor though, Loki had green and yellow costume, and they changed it but still kept the iconic colour. Would the USM costume really look that stupid if it was a dark green instead of black, or mixed in with black? I understand with the Yellow, but they could do it similar to how the original x-men films did. Heck im not even bothered about the yellow, tbh if they give an updated costume to him thats not just a plain black generic suit I'll be happy, but my point originally, was if they wanted to go with the comic version they could without making it look outright rediculous.

anyway on another topic, I did a redesign a couple of years ago that was his original design, but instead of green and yellow, was black and blue, with the blue being the lightning motif, in the style of a motorbike racing suit. I'd love it if they did a renovation like that :)

Yeah, but my point is, they still made the costume look as good as it could have done without radically changing it. I was more talking on line with what they did with Loki and Thor though, Loki had green and yellow costume, and they changed it but still kept the iconic colour. Would the USM costume really look that stupid if it was a dark green instead of black, or mixed in with black? I understand with the Yellow, but they could do it similar to how the original x-men films did. Heck im not even bothered about the yellow, tbh if they give an updated costume to him thats not just a plain black generic suit I'll be happy, but my point originally, was if they wanted to go with the comic version they could without making it look outright rediculous.

anyway on another topic, I did a redesign a couple of years ago that was his original design, but instead of green and yellow, was black and blue, with the blue being the lightning motif, in the style of a motorbike racing suit. I'd love it if they did a renovation like that :)
The Avengers was also a very "comic booky" colorful film, and was more about spectacle than anything. Electro wouldn't really look good with his costume on screen, and I'm actually glad they are redesigning him for the movie. At least wait until you see the actual design, you may like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"