The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Jamie Foxx IS Electro - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah. also, notice the little white dots inside of his hood? it's like the dots of a CGI/motion cap suit

they light up, so i think it is to create a lit-up effect on jamie's face. the dots will likely be removed in post production.

I hate liking something, but being reminded of something else. In this case:
6399933027663808.jpg

He reminds me of the albino monk from Epic Movie. LOL.

Oh...so that's Electro. Well, I'm gonna wait until we see his costume, because I'm betting this is right when he gets his powers and he is trying to get home (hence the civilian clothing) but he can't control his powers yet and goes bat-**** crazy in Times Square. The make-up looks nice, though, albeit a bit Mr. Freeze like everyone is saying. But the icy blue veins on his neck and jaw are a nice touch. Can't wait to see him with post production effects and everything.

This has potential and I already am on the positive side concerning his look. Can't please everyone though...people really want to see the classic costume but honestly, that wouldn't work in cinematic form.

The color scheme could...but not that dreaded costume. Still, the look is nice!

be cool if his black hoodie and jeans melt onto his body and form his costume. won't happen but.

Definitely has potential, like everyone is saying could be a moment when he receives his powers

LOL and they have done it again.

Are we sure this isn't Paul as Rhino?

tumblr_lq19rn2I5l1qhir0ao1_400.gif

Ice to meet you. :funny:

I'm sure it'll look fine after they apply some movie magic.

You knew they were going Ultimate, and it still looks better than the 616 costume would have.

Cant imagine how fantastic it'll look with CG enhancements, already looks great, not what I expected at all. Pretty impressive make-up, and I can see why they went with Foxx because it did seem like a surprising choice at first. Badass as hell.

I really like the look of Foxx's Electro, and as said, there's bound to be enhancements added. Pleasantly surprised. :up:

I really hope that they mix CGI with that make up, right now it's kinda akward tbh
i am sure they will use CG in post production to touch up his look and add effects, but, I really like that they went for practical effects with the use of make up, lighting and such, instead of having him be full CGI, or having him run around in a mop-cap suit

Foxx as Electro reminds me more of Tombstone but yes, it looks great and I look forward to the final look

i am sure they will use CG in post production to touch up his look and add effects, but, I really like that they went for practical effects with the use of make up, lighting and such, instead of having him be full CGI, or having him run around in a mop-cap suit
Indeed. I'm imagining bursts of electricity running up the vein lines on his face for example.

Last edited:
To me it just seems like the 'electric *****ebag blue' of Ultimate Electro, but in physical form rather than his intangible electricity form. Like I said previously, I hope he looks much better in costume and with all the finished effects.

Though more importantly I just hope his character and story arc is worth it. I'd forgive a naff look and costume if it was a good movie overall.

He looks like an easy to make action figure. (; I can already envision a translucent Electro figure that lights up inside. Zap! action feature...

You know, I'm actually pleasantly surprised that everyone isn't jumping on the hate train. There are a lot more people cool with it, or taking the wait and see approach, than I expected.

Im digging this so far and can't wait to see an official pic and don't get what most peoples complaints are about. Did you actually expect them to adapt the classic suit for the film?

Im digging this so far and can't wait to see an official pic and don't get what most peoples complaints are about. Did you actually expect them to adapt the classic suit for the film?

That's already been ruled out and by Jamie's own account there will be a costume of sorts. That's not it and I haven't seen people really complaining about the hoodie.

I'm glad they went with the Ultimate look, I really cannot imagine the Amazing look with the huge yellow lightning mask on his face. Besides,electricity is normally assosiated with blue so it makes sense.

So I guess Electro will be more an elemental and less a man shooting electricity. Neato.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"