Jamie Foxx IS Electro - Part 1

Discussion in 'The Amazing Spider-Man' started by Thread Manager, Nov 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Venom'sDad

Venom'sDad Enter The Sym

Exactly...does not bold well for Webb, if this is truly the approach, casting is already bad, imo. I do like the look below however.

2. Picard Sisko

Picard Sisko Prepare to be Assimilated

To each his own I say. :(

3. Picard Sisko

Didn't people have the same negative reactions when we found out Doc Ock was going to have a wife who gets killed, and he goes crazy after his arms control him?

4. Webhead38

Webhead38 Well-Known Member

No, I didn't get "'all that" from this announcement. I didn't say it as you implied either, so quit trying to be argumentative over one person's perspective. And yes, Webb is free to do whatever he wants. But the consumer is free to move on too. Now clearly you will defend this man with your dying breath. So line up and buy the 4 inch $20.00 movie figures. Scream "It's the greatest movie of all time" before seeing it. And let someone else do the thinking. You're clearly locked in to 'sheep-mode' and can't articulate a open minded opinion that says, " I like this. I don't like that." Some people can evaluate without feeling like they have to fall on the sword for the director. :doh: Jesus. Get out of line and think for yourself clone.

5. Picard Sisko

Based on your original comment, you don't sound much better:

6. Webhead38

Meet the head of the herd.:BA

7. Nathan

Nathan ...

8. Webhead38

No. I was offering an opinion and then got trolled. How about offering your own opinion on the movie and moving on? I can't stand people that feel like they have to "grade" everyone's comments. People have their own reasons for watching movies. Some will agree, some will not. Here's a thought - Learn to co-exist.

9. Picard Sisko

Look, I respect everyone's opinion. You don't like what you're hearing about Electro, and I love it. We can co-exist. Some people around here state their opinions as if they were fact, and have to learn that its just an opinion. Take every comment and thought with a grain of salt. In the end, everyone sees everything differently, and that's just the way the world works.

10. Venom'sDad

Venom'sDad Enter The Sym

:up::up::up:

11. Picard Sisko

Calling someone sheep because he is defending the movie is trolling. I could easily call someone who constantly bashes it a sheep or a clone, too. But I don't, because I know that is rude and disrespectful. Everyone has different opinions.

12. mayo23

mayo23 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I don't think anyone who is predicting the outcome of a film/franchise that doesn't come out for another 2 year, based on a statement about the color of a costume is really in the position to criticize anyone's opinion. But that type of behavior is expected I suppose, especially when one's immediate response is to call someone a "sheep".

13. Nathan

Nathan ...

People disagreeing with opinions is not trolling. Especially when done in a civil manner. You just have to learn to not take it to heart and get your feathers ruffled and accept the fact, just because people are accepting of change, that doesn't make them sheep. There are people who take a wait and see approach. Not everything is doom and gloom just because details from the comics get changed.

14. C. Lee

C. Lee I'm not old...I'm ancient

Play nice people.......it's almost Christmas.....Santa will give you a piece of coal if you act bad.

15. Eros

Eros Well-Known Member

Ofcourse they did, cause most "Fans" on the internet jump to conclusions based on a word or a sentence, that is why internet message boards are seen as a joke by people in the comic book industry and the movie industry, and all media formats.

16. mayo23

mayo23 Well-Known Member

Sometimes I feel people are too quick in acting on their right to express an opinion. Just because you can doesn't mean you should, because let's be honest here, in context there can be "stupid" opinions, especially with such "doom and gloom" even though the film is barely starting production.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2012
  17. The Joker

The Joker The Clown Prince of Crime

That would be laughed off the screen.

18. Marvel Spider

Marvel Spider An Insomniac.

And it's not even real concept art. I saw that pic the day after he was announced. Pretty sure it's just a fan mock-up.

19. Picard Sisko

Thank you.
    :up:
    :up: Agreed. I have been saying that I like what I'm hearing so far, but of course I want to wait for the final product or at least more details before judging. Its waaaay too early to say whether or not this movie will be good or not.

It sure would.
    Yeah, that's fake. Its bad photoshop if you ask me.

20. spider-neil

spider-neil spins a web any size!

I hope Foxx a lying about the Electro story. Seriously, how many times are the Spidey film makers going to use the sympathetic angle? The thing seems played out and clique, take the opportunity this reboot has presented you and make something that feels new and fresh not boring and wrote. Sigh...

21. Nathan

Nathan ...

I'm not all that knowledgeable when it comes to Spider-Man lore or just comic book lore in general, but one of my favorite issues deal with his inferiority complex and the fact that everyone called him a loser and didn't believe in him, including his parents. So I don't see the issue here. Either Webb sticks too close to the source material, or he decides to change stuff, either way, people will complain.

22. Frodo

Frodo Well-Known Member

Though it does remind me a bit of Jim Carrey in Batman Forever and Richard Pryor in Superman 3 in terms of unrecognized /obsessed workers who become antagonists, I'm not gonna jump outta my skin just yet.

Having seen Foxx in Collateral , I know he can play a meek character who's forced into dangerous circumstances. I've also seen that in Dream Girls and even points in Ray , he can play a real bastard too.

I'm just gonna take a wait and see approach as far as the plotting goes.

23. Picard Sisko

We also have Django Unchained to look forward to!

24. Thread Manager

Thread Manager Moderator

This thread is now closed it has a continuation thread [split]450373[/split]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.