The Amazing Spider-Man Jamie Foxx IS Electro - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not liking anything I'm hearing about Electro.

From the horrible casting of Foxx, to the bad idea of not having a comic book looking costume(especially the confirmation of no green or yellow), to the horrible plot of him being a nobody so much so no one knows his name and mom forgetting birthday, etc.

The writer needs to be smacked senseless.
Exactly...does not bold well for Webb, if this is truly the approach, casting is already bad, imo. I do like the look below however.

jamiefoxx-electro-spiderman-600px.jpg

Concept art from- http://powerhousereport.com/jamie-foxx-as-electro-in-the-new-spiderman-movie/

Didn't people have the same negative reactions when we found out Doc Ock was going to have a wife who gets killed, and he goes crazy after his arms control him?

Huh?

Just because he's not having Jamie Foxx running around in a yellow and green suit you're able to deduce all that?

Webb's a fan of the comics, just seems like he likes to lean towards to Ultimate comics, which I prefer and I have no problem with that. Electro doesn't have a yellow and green suit in USM either.

After all, Webb's movies are an adaptation of the source materials. Like Nolan's Batman movies. Webb and co are free to pick what they feel suits their version of the universe.

Want to see Electro running around in a yellow and green suit?

Here you go.

[YT]EPf3VEAEOgM[/YT]

No, I didn't get "'all that" from this announcement. I didn't say it as you implied either, so quit trying to be argumentative over one person's perspective. And yes, Webb is free to do whatever he wants. But the consumer is free to move on too. Now clearly you will defend this man with your dying breath. So line up and buy the 4 inch $20.00 movie figures. Scream "It's the greatest movie of all time" before seeing it. And let someone else do the thinking. You're clearly locked in to 'sheep-mode' and can't articulate a open minded opinion that says, " I like this. I don't like that." Some people can evaluate without feeling like they have to fall on the sword for the director. :doh: Jesus. Get out of line and think for yourself clone.

No, I didn't get "'all that" from this announcement. I didn't say it as you implied either, so quit trying to be argumentative over one person's perspective. And yes, Webb is free to do whatever he wants. But the consumer is free to move on too. Now clearly you will defend this man with your dying breath. So line up and buy the 4 inch $20.00 movie figures. Scream "It's the greatest movie of all time" before seeing it. And let someone else do the thinking. You're clearly locked in to 'sheep-mode' and can't articulate a open minded opinion that says, " I like this. I don't like that." Some people can evaluate without feeling like they have to fall on the sword for the director. :doh: Jesus. Get out of line and think for yourself clone.
Based on your original comment, you don't sound much better:

Well, it's official, no comic related outfit. Based on the reactions, Webb and Sony will be fighting another uphill battle. Meh... This series is becoming quite bland next to it's contemporaries. The Avengers and related films make this look dated in concept. Oh well. Hopefully Marvel will get the rights back after this series ends or Sony goes Bankrupt again. Then we'll see some true comic tales. Webb is not much of a comic fan to possess the confidence to make these movies pop.

No. I was offering an opinion and then got trolled. How about offering your own opinion on the movie and moving on? I can't stand people that feel like they have to "grade" everyone's comments. People have their own reasons for watching movies. Some will agree, some will not. Here's a thought - Learn to co-exist.

Look, I respect everyone's opinion. You don't like what you're hearing about Electro, and I love it. We can co-exist. Some people around here state their opinions as if they were fact, and have to learn that its just an opinion. Take every comment and thought with a grain of salt. In the end, everyone sees everything differently, and that's just the way the world works.

No. I was offering an opinion and then got trolled. How about offering your own opinion on the movie and moving on? I can't stand people that feel like they have to "grade" everyone's comments. People have their own reasons for watching movies. Some will agree, some will not. Here's a thought - Learn to co-exist.

:up::up::up:

Calling someone sheep because he is defending the movie is trolling. I could easily call someone who constantly bashes it a sheep or a clone, too. But I don't, because I know that is rude and disrespectful. Everyone has different opinions.

Yeah, I don't think anyone who is predicting the outcome of a film/franchise that doesn't come out for another 2 year, based on a statement about the color of a costume is really in the position to criticize anyone's opinion. But that type of behavior is expected I suppose, especially when one's immediate response is to call someone a "sheep".

People disagreeing with opinions is not trolling. Especially when done in a civil manner. You just have to learn to not take it to heart and get your feathers ruffled and accept the fact, just because people are accepting of change, that doesn't make them sheep. There are people who take a wait and see approach. Not everything is doom and gloom just because details from the comics get changed.

Play nice people.......it's almost Christmas.....Santa will give you a piece of coal if you act bad.

Didn't people have the same negative reactions when we found out Doc Ock was going to have a wife who gets killed, and he goes crazy after his arms control him?

Ofcourse they did, cause most "Fans" on the internet jump to conclusions based on a word or a sentence, that is why internet message boards are seen as a joke by people in the comic book industry and the movie industry, and all media formats.

People disagreeing with opinions is not trolling. Especially when done in a civil manner. You just have to learn to not take it to heart and get your feathers ruffled and accept the fact, just because people are accepting of change, that doesn't make them sheep. There are people who take a wait and see approach. Not everything is doom and gloom just because details from the comics get changed.

Sometimes I feel people are too quick in acting on their right to express an opinion. Just because you can doesn't mean you should, because let's be honest here, in context there can be "stupid" opinions, especially with such "doom and gloom" even though the film is barely starting production.

Last edited:
I know that it's just concept art, just saying that I'm against that design. I'm pretty confident that they have a great design for Electro, I can just feel it
And it's not even real concept art. I saw that pic the day after he was announced. Pretty sure it's just a fan mock-up.

Thank you.
Ofcourse they did, cause most "Fans" on the internet jump to conclusions based on a word or a sentence, that is why internet message boards are seen as a joke by people in the comic book industry and the movie industry, and all media formats.
:up:
Sometimes I feel people are too quick in acting on their right to express an opinion. Just because you can doesn't mean you should, because let's be honest here, in context there can be "stupid" opinions, especially with such "doom and gloom" even though the film is barely starting production.

:up: Agreed. I have been saying that I like what I'm hearing so far, but of course I want to wait for the final product or at least more details before judging. Its waaaay too early to say whether or not this movie will be good or not.

That would be laughed off the screen.
It sure would.
And it's not even real concept art. I saw that pic the day after he was announced. Pretty sure it's just a fan mock-up.

Yeah, that's fake. Its bad photoshop if you ask me.

I hope Foxx a lying about the Electro story. Seriously, how many times are the Spidey film makers going to use the sympathetic angle? The thing seems played out and clique, take the opportunity this reboot has presented you and make something that feels new and fresh not boring and wrote. Sigh...

I'm not all that knowledgeable when it comes to Spider-Man lore or just comic book lore in general, but one of my favorite issues deal with his inferiority complex and the fact that everyone called him a loser and didn't believe in him, including his parents. So I don't see the issue here. Either Webb sticks too close to the source material, or he decides to change stuff, either way, people will complain.

Though it does remind me a bit of Jim Carrey in Batman Forever and Richard Pryor in Superman 3 in terms of unrecognized /obsessed workers who become antagonists, I'm not gonna jump outta my skin just yet.

Having seen Foxx in Collateral , I know he can play a meek character who's forced into dangerous circumstances. I've also seen that in Dream Girls and even points in Ray , he can play a real bastard too.

I'm just gonna take a wait and see approach as far as the plotting goes.

We also have Django Unchained to look forward to!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"