Jared Leto IS The Joker - - Part 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't on these boards during the TDK times but I have a hard time imagining people actually detested that look. He didn't look like my version of my ideal Joker but he still looked like a Joker. Surprises me sometimes what people end up liking/hating.

Just a few examples.

Lol Pimp Masta J! I'm cool with the tats but not that outfit if it is one of his main ones. For a 1 scene type of thing it's fine

Looking a lot like Grant Morrison's "Thin White Duke of Death" Joker.

I wasn't on these boards during the TDK times but I have a hard time imagining people actually detested that look. He didn't look like my version of my ideal Joker but he still looked like a Joker. Surprises me sometimes what people end up liking/hating.

There was definitely a mixed reaction and a lot of distaste for the look, initially, mainly due to the extreme close-up pic they chose to release as the "reveal". I, myself, hated that and didn't understand it. People came around as more official pictures and character descriptions came about, but the biggest point of contention was the fact that his skin wasn't permanently white and that he instead chose to apply smeared make-up. There was an entire thread devoted to the "Perma-white" debate. Also, I know a lot of people weren't crazy about the scarred face/smile at the time, which was not at all a true or popular staple of The Joker's comic book canon.

Once the first official TDK trailer/teaser of footage dropped that gave us multiple looks at The Joker along with voiceover dialogue and in-scene dialogue, I think the majority of fans were then fully on-board with Ledger's Joker. By that time, I was thrilled and excited for it beyond belief, and I admit, I'm also pretty damn excited to see/hear more footage/dialogue of Leto's Joker. The first reveal pic of this Joker was similarly off-putting and upsetting to me, but after all we've seen now (which still isn't much at all), I'm all-aboard.

Well, Ledger's Joker looks nothing like this version, so I don't know why that should be any kind of indication over your opinion on Leto's? It's quite possible to like Ledger's aesthetic, yet, hate Leto's.
It's not so much that as it is there's an overwhelming amount of fans who either backpedaled or ultimately got around to even liking Ledger's look, despite putting it down for months on end.

Joker looks great
The little bit we got from Jared about his method acting tells you he is definitely going for a very cerebral character.

I love the "Miranda Fox spoiler".

"In THE DARK KNIGHT, Nolan leads us to believe that the Joker's look is the product of make-up. But at a certain moment, it is revealed that the Joker actually has white skin. Permaclown, you might say."

"that would be very Nolanish, duality, escalation on all fronts" :o

Ha, that was Miranda's 15 min, wasn't it? :hehe:

This Joker is going to scare the piss out of little kids, mark my words.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if by him being more of a "businessman" as Roven said, he means that he is the head of one of the largest and most dangerous gangs in Gotham and as the front for it, he has to make deals with other gang leaders and runs a criminal empire more or less.

Glam and Grunge

pcbEnzD.jpg

joker_empire_lesser_text.jpg

The look is the first thing that bothers me and I agree with what you said. If Harley was ever introduced into the movies, than she'd never go for Mr. J the way he looks. Nicholson's Mr. J she'd go for but Heath's seems like a guy who just likes to play dress-up.

this makes me LOL considering that heath's joker is weirdly pretty much a sex symbol now .

Glam and Grunge

pcbEnzD.jpg

joker_empire_lesser_text.jpg

the only logical conclusion :

YbX8Jbg.gif

Well

At least the performance will be good, hopefully that will help me look past the Marilyn Manson meets the Matrix look

"I always get the sense that The Joker may be much older than people think. It’s something different. If you don’t break rules, you’re not going to strike new ground. I think I’ll be cooling down for the rest of my life..." - Jared Leto

This has me wondering if this is the only movie we will see The Joker in. I'm starting to think that the suicide squad succeeds in killing him in this movie. Now I'm leaning more towards the "You let your family die" rumor that it's not actually from the Joker. Then again this was already suspected since there's no way The Joker would know that Bats is Wayne. I'm personally hoping this means we're getting the Red Hood.

I'm interested to see what this more social version of the Joker is like in this film as opposed to the more straight up anarchist we've seen in previous depictions.

Well

At least the performance will be good, hopefully that will help me look past the Marilyn Manson meets the Matrix look

Joker put Samuel L Jackson's coat from the Matrix in purple paint.

"I always get the sense that The Joker may be much older than people think. It’s something different. If you don’t break rules, you’re not going to strike new ground. I think I’ll be cooling down for the rest of my life..." - Jared Leto

This has me wondering if this is the only movie we will see The Joker in. I'm starting to think that the suicide squad succeeds in killing him in this movie. Now I'm leaning more towards the "You let your family die" rumor that it's not actually from the Joker. Than again this was already suspected since there's no way The Joker would know that Bats is Wayne. I'm personally hoping this means we're getting the Red Hood.

Maybe Katana kills him and removes his soul.

Here's the HQ version of the cover, so we don't have to see that wooden surface again.

CSQua3aXAAAdSKF.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back