Jared Leto IS The Joker - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah as time goes on I sometimes feel, "Maybe we brought it all on ourselves?"

Then I think... "Nah... We've just gotten more fanatical and nitpicky as a group."

And when it comes to this character in live action, it's been happening for over 26 years now. Quite a few people hated how Nicholson looked and people loved the performance. People hated how Ledger looked and to many, he's the "definitive" Joker. Whatever that means.

It is ridiculous to call Ledger's Joker "definitive".

Heath received a great script, and performed his heart out. There's no doubt he was brilliant.

But that Joker was no way near definitive. Jack's Joker, while being just Jack, was more definitive in my opinion.
Might Jared be the definitive Joker? We'll find out next year.

It's already clear that he won't be, and that he is intended to be a new twist (for this movie at least). That won't prevent him from being highly entertaining, however.

After 75 years and countless interpretations of the character, it'd be hard (if not completely impossible) for anyone to create a "definitive" Joker.

In terms of characterization, he might be a better representation of Joker. But saying that, this is a Joker who thought it would be good or funny to tattoo himself in such a way...:hmm

@TheShape

That's true, but I don't think the term "definitive" would have much meaning in this context if it did not describe a synthesis of disparate elements.

Most fans would probably agree that BTAS's Joker, as voiced by Mark Hamill, is currently the most definitive version of the character- despite his inability to kill anyone!

It is ridiculous to call Ledger's Joker "definitive".

Only if you mean the most definitive of the on screen adapted Jokers because Mark Hamill obviously take that title. But as far as live action Jokers go I think he's the most definitive by a long chalk. There's my reasons why; http://jokerfans.blogspot.ie/

I see more comic book influence on him than with the others.

Most fans would probably agree that BTAS's Joker, as voiced by Mark Hamill, is currently the most definitive version of the character- despite his inability to kill anyone!

Well not in every version he did. For example in Mask of the Phantasm and Return of the Joker he was able to kill. He even got to kill a couple of Cops in one of the TNBA episodes.

After 75 years and countless interpretations of the character, it'd be hard (if not completely impossible) for anyone to create a "definitive" Joker.

True. But some are more definitive than others. For example I don't see many people putting this version high on a great Jokers list;

joker59cl.jpg

Last edited:
Well, to be honest, while BTAS is dark and serious it was still a kids show, so they tried to avoid showing people getting killed.
After the first couple of seasons they changed it. We started hearing words like "kill", "die" etc and even added blood when someone got injured.
So, yeah, the Joker did kill in the later episodes and in Mask of the Phantasm. I know he didn't kill Reeves in the office, but seeing their silhouettes on the desk and Joker stabbing him with the letter opener while laughing like a maniac was creepy. Plus the laughing gas that sent him to hospital but not enough to kill him. :D

Only if you mean the most definitive of the on screen adapted Jokers because Mark Hamill obviously take that title. But as far as live action Jokers go I think he's the most definitive by a long chalk. There's my reasons why; http://jokerfans.blogspot.ie/

I see more comic book influence on him than with the others.

Really enjoyed this. I hope people appreciate Leto's work and do the same with his Joker when SS comes out.

BTAS is by far the best representation of the Joker for me personally – If they could put that Joker into live action, i'd be a happy bunny!

Hopefully, and I'm pretty confident he will, Jared will nail the Joker's extreme craziness. Heath didn't do that. He was more reserved.

There is no "definitive" joker. There's only the joker that you prefer. He's such a wild card of a character that you can literally craft as you wish and only keep the core aspects that make him who he is.

Really enjoyed this. I hope people appreciate Leto's work and do the same with his Joker when SS comes out.

If Leto's half as good he'll be doing well, and I'll write a blog for him, too.

Last edited:
yeah the mouth look like he's touting and the 'frown' looks odd.
apart from that, atleast the face tats are gone.

that being said, i'm wondering whether this joker will start the movie with the facetat or whether he'll get damaged on his forehead along the movie. or whether that happened unwillingly in jail or whatever.

i'd like to have a backstory, actually.

I'm starting to hope that they never explain his look. I hope Leto just knocks it out of the park and they just never say a word about his tattoos or open shirts or anything. And then I want a post credits scene with Ayer just staring into the camera for 30 seconds, uninterrupted, before finally saying "Deal with it."

[QUOTE=Da-Scribe;31589395]I'm starting to hope that they never explain his look. I hope Leto just knocks it out of the park and they just never say a word about his tattoos or open shirts or anything. And then I want a post credits scene with Ayer just staring into the camera for 30 seconds, uninterrupted, before finally saying "Deal with it."[/QUOTE]

I don't think anything about his look needs to be explained explicitly.

:funny: Who plans on walking out of this movie because of the Joker's look?

And we get it Manofplastic, we get it...geez.

:funny: Who plans on walking out of this movie because of the Joker's look?

And we get it Manofplastic, we get it...geez.
He needs to put MOS "memes" and tattooed Superman (who is nothing like the Joker) to catch his point, yeah some fans reasoning just... :shrug: :funny:

Girlfriend needs a new plastic surgeon. :o
Jack Nicholson homage for the next and inevitable reboot confirmed :o

BTW nice cosplay you made here Sawyer

1795666_855541744495212_1066652688811101468_n.jpg

:o

Last edited:
As much as I dislike Leto's Joker look so far, it would never be a reason for me to walk out of the movie. Especially considering he's far from being the only character in the movie. This is a big ensemble movie.

Besides I already know what he looks like, so I'd have to be a real idiot to think it's going to magically change into something different on screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"