Revenge of the Fallen Jazz to Return in Transformers 2!

Well, if that's true, Bay is screwed unless he listens to his fans & develops the character's more in the sequel.

But even in the first X-men film the characters of Magneto,Wolverine and Pro-X were almost fully fleshed out.Right from the start you understood these characters and left the film feeling that you knew those's characters.

Even if it wasnt a true to comic interpertation of the characters you knew where they stood in the movies universe.The same cant be said for Bays characters.The only character's in Bay's TF film that we got a feeling for were Sam and that Sector 7 prick guy.And I know thats not what the fans were looking for.

However, the characters you mentioned were really the only ones that got any kind of development in the X-Men movies. Keep in mind that Cyclops, one of the fundamental characters in those mythos got barely any development in the films. I'm simply saying that expecting every single character in an ensemble film to be fully fleshed out in unrealistic.

I completly understand what your saying....100% ,but I dont think that you realalize that your compairing the film to standerds that it just does not meet.

Useing the 1st Spiderman film for exsample as you just did proves just dont understand how much the Bay TF film fail as an introductory story.

When you left the 1st Spiderman film you understood who Peter was and what motivated him.....you understood what his aunt ment to him and how she felt for Peter.You understood why Peter fell for MJ and how she would someday grow to love him.You understood that Harry was a neglectied son striving for his fathers love and acceptance and how that need for his fathers love would one day turn him against his best friend.You also understood what demonds drove Norman Osborn to his fate.

Thats a true introductory and set-up story.

In Bays movie you were not made to understand why Optimus Prime was the leader.....you could not understand why others would chose to follow him.You got no sence of the relationship between Prime and those under his command.There was almost no understanding as to why the Autobots even felt the responsabilty to the universe to make sure the Decepticon were stoped.

The only thing that was explained was that the Autobots were good and the Decepticon's were evil.....how 80's is that?

And lets not even go into how lacking the Decepticons motivations were.

If you werent a fan of Transformers with a understanding of the characters before the Bay movie you did not walk out of his film with any knid of an understanding of the characters or their motivations.That does not mean you could not enjoy the film.Bay makes a great block buster but he sucks at character driven stories.

I think we're going around in circles for this one. I simply think that in TF2, they aren't going to have to introduce the basic concept to non-fans, so they'll be able to jump right into the story. I know that you believe that first film wasn't a proper introductory film, but my whole rationale has been that they had to introduce the concept to the casual movie goers in the first film, and they don't have to do that now. Leaving more room to expand upon the characters.

I'll agree that the ground work for some character development has be layed but Bay is not the one to build from that.He's only going to be working on new cooler robots and biger battles with louder explostions.

If I'm wrong then I'll thank god but there isnt one single summer block buster film of Bays that has ever really done anything for the characters in the story.I know his style and I know his history.

The thing is, I've gotten the impression that Orci and Kurtzman do want to expand on the characters of the TF's, and I think that that is something Spielberg would want to do as well. And he'll be the one to have to the biggest influence on Bay. Plus, if they're smart, they'll see that non-fans agreed that the TF's didn't have enough screentime, which included not developing them enough as characters.

However, the characters you mentioned were really the only ones that got any kind of development in the X-Men movies. Keep in mind that Cyclops, one of the fundamental characters in those mythos got barely any development in the films. I'm simply saying that expecting every single character in an ensemble film to be fully fleshed out in unrealistic.

I was not expecting every single character in Bays film to be fully fleshed but at least it would have been nice to have at least 1 fully fleshed TF character......at least the 1st X-men film had 3 the first Spiderman film had 5 and the first Lords of the Rings film had 7 fully fleshed out characters.

We could have gotten 1 out of the Bay TF film.

I think we're going around in circles for this one. I simply think that in TF2, they aren't going to have to introduce the basic concept to non-fans, so they'll be able to jump right into the story. I know that you believe that first film wasn't a proper introductory film, but my whole rationale has been that they had to introduce the concept to the casual movie goers in the first film, and they don't have to do that now. Leaving more room to expand upon the characters.

We are going around in circles but its because you keep trying to claim that the reason the film was lacking in character and story is because they spent some large amount of time setting up the plot to non-fans.

But thats just not true.I've timed all the scene's that feature any knid of explaination to non-fans and it all amounted to roughly 10 minute's.

Thats 10 minute's out of 150 minute's.What happened to the rest of that time?????????Bay used it to explain the plot of this particular story with out explaining the motivation of the characters in the story.But you cant tell me that it could have been written with more character partisapation.

And if Bay stay's true to form the 2nd film will suffer from the same failing's.All of his summer films basicly follow the same formula.

The thing is, I've gotten the impression that Orci and Kurtzman do want to expand on the characters of the TF's, and I think that that is something Spielberg would want to do as well. And he'll be the one to have to the biggest influence on Bay. Plus, if they're smart, they'll see that non-fans agreed that the TF's didn't have enough screentime, which included not developing them enough as characters.

I hope they get it but I know that Bay wont.And even if the writters try to fix the problem Bay will just have it re-written so that some of the character interaction happens durring a scene that also features big action that will divert the attention from the character development.

I was not expecting every single character in Bays film to be fully fleshed but at least it would have been nice to have at least 1 fully fleshed TF character......at least the 1st X-men film had 3 the first Spiderman film had 5 and the first Lords of the Rings film had 7 fully fleshed out characters.

We could have gotten 1 out of the Bay TF film.

I agree that they were lacking in character development. But I do think that the Autobots got some decent characterization. That has been my whole argument.

We are going around in circles but its because you keep trying to claim that the reason the film was lacking in character and story is because they spent some large amount of time setting up the plot to non-fans.

But thats just not true.I've timed all the scene's that feature any knid of explaination to non-fans and it all amounted to roughly 10 minute's.

Thats 10 minute's out of 150 minute's.What happened to the rest of that time?????????Bay used it to explain the plot of this particular story with out explaining the motivation of the characters in the story.But you cant tell me that it could have been written with more character partisapation.

And if Bay stay's true to form the 2nd film will suffer from the same failing's.All of his summer films basicly follow the same formula.

I think you and I are going to have to agree to disagree on this one.

I hope they get it but I know that Bay wont.And even if the writters try to fix the problem Bay will just have it re-written so that some of the character interaction happens durring a scene that also features big action that will divert the attention from the character development.

I'm not so sure. I think we'll see more TF screentime in TF2 that wont be just bigger and longer action scenes. Orci once said that him and the other writers want that and the sequel wont have the budget constraints that the first film had. Plus, they'll hopefully take into account that the lack of TF screentime was a common complaint. Call me optimsitic, but I don't think Bay is that opposed to developing the TF's as characters.

I agree that they were lacking in character development. But I do think that the Autobots got some decent characterization. That has been my whole argument.

I would say the Autobots got some characterization....but I would call the amount they got decent.

I think you and I are going to have to agree to disagree on this one.

Thats fine with me.

I'm not so sure. I think we'll see more TF screentime in TF2 that wont be just bigger and longer action scenes. Orci once said that him and the other writers want that and the sequel wont have the budget constraints that the first film had. Plus, they'll hopefully take into account that the lack of TF screentime was a common complaint. Call me optimsitic, but I don't think Bay is that opposed to developing the TF's as characters.

The way I see it this writters strike is going to hurt the 2 nd film.Even if Orci and the other writters truly wanted to bring some development to the characters, the amount of time this strike is taking in going to put a rush on the writters when they get back to work.

That rush is going to take its toll on the story and the characters within.The studio is going to be leaning on Bay to hurry so that they can recupe some of the money lose durring the strike and Bay will then lean on the writters to hurry and dispence with the character development in favor of more explosions.

The way I see it this writters strike is going to hurt the 2 nd film.Even if Orci and the other writters truly wanted to bring some development to the characters, the amount of time this strike is taking in going to put a rush on the writters when they get back to work.

That rush is going to take its toll on the story and the characters within.The studio is going to be leaning on Bay to hurry so that they can recupe some of the money lose durring the strike and Bay will then lean on the writters to hurry and dispence with the character development in favor of more explosions.

I have a feeling though, that we'll see TF2 pushed back at least a year. The writers strike seems like it could go on for a while, and then there are the anticipated actors and directors strikes next summer. I think the odds are in favor of it not hitting the theaters in 2009.

I have a feeling though, that we'll see TF2 pushed back at least a year. The writers strike seems like it could go on for a while, and then there are the anticipated actors and directors strikes next summer. I think the odds are in favor of it not hitting the theaters in 2009.

If it comes out 2009 then it would be right on schedule. The studios have slated June 29, 2009 for the premiere of "Transformers 2.And if it does come out in 2009 then the writting will be rushed.

If your hopping for any real characterastion and character development then dont expect to see the film till mid 2010 or early 2011.

If it comes out 2009 then it would be right on schedule. The studios have slated June 29, 2009 for the premiere of "Transformers 2.And if it does come out in 2009 then the writting will be rushed.

If your hopping for any real characterastion and character development then dont expect to see the film till mid 2010 or early 2011.

But that is what I was saying. I think the sequel will end up getting pushed back to 2010.

I am making a comic book thing on my own and i like the idea how Jazz comes back at the same time as Megatron while he is getting rebuilt. Of course Jazz is small so he gets fixed fasted than Megatron. And I decided i might not put Unicron in Transformers 2. Even if i did...i reduced Unicron's size to 2000km which is about half the size of Atlantic ocean. :woot:

Unless you're making this comic book for yourself, prepare to get sued because you don't have any type of legal rights to make any Transformers related anything.

Lol yeah its for myself :woot: Its nothing big xD Im just going to see if i can whip up some kind of story that is possible to be Transformers 2. The only place its going to is myself and the internet....and Youtube. If only i get voices for my pictures:csad:

Yeah, anyway, has there been anymore news of Jazz returning in the sequel?

Yeah, anyway, has there been anymore news of Jazz returning in the sequel?

Depend's on what you consider "news" .The voice actor has said that he has been asked to come back for movie 2 but that does not mean that Jazz will come back to life.

It could be a flash back to Cybertron thing or he could be voiceing a different character.

Your guess is as good as mine.

But you have to becareful. These news sometimes are Treatment Leaks. Dreamworks and Michael Bay said that they will release these fake info into the internet to prevent people to know the actual script/news. I think in one of the leaked scripts it said that Jazz gets repaired as Megatron gets repaired to. But another didnt even say ANYTHING about Jazz. Smart Dreamworks people........:csad:

Hey all, i just found this article on the net not sure if it's been posted, but the website is:
http://www.blackamericaweb.com/site.aspx/bawnews/wherearetheynow1204
(you have to scroll down a bit)
The article is an interview with a few celebrities, one being Darius who was the voice of Jazz from the recent Transformers film. Well as it turns out he is in negotiations after all for the sequel, im praying this isn't one of the false rumor's bay recently announced he would begin spreading to lead us off from the main plot of the sequel.

Any way as the interview goes, it discusses Darius current work and what's to be expected, the article then briefly mentions his part in transformers with this to say:
Last summer, McCrary starred as Autobot Jazz in the 4th of July blockbuster "Transformers" and is currently in talks to return for the sequel.
"That was something I grew up watching, so to be a part of that was exciting," said McCrary.

McCrary says he was honored to be chosen as the first voice actor to take over the role of Jazz since the original voicer, venerable actor Scatman Crothers, died in 1986.

"It was kind of cool because -- I know this may sound crazy -- when I was actually filming, I really did feel Scatman's presence," he said.

Hopefully it's not fake and it's the real deal, and hopefully Darius will return bringing Jazz back in the sequel.

Hahaha, wow, I didnt know Eddie Winslow was Jazz!

That's friggin fantastic!

I hope if they bring him back we get classic Jazz and not stereotypical black man Jazz.

thanks for merging the thread. Is bay being serious in that post :s i really hope he was just leading us off. I want Jazz to return, its harsh of him to kill one of the few characters that survived the whole show and to not bring any promise he may return :(

I hope if they bring him back we get classic Jazz and not stereotypical black man Jazz.

You know classic Jazz was as stereotypical a black man of the late 70's and early 90's as Bay's movie Jazz was a stereotypical black man of the 00's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"