The Avengers Jeremy Renner is Hawkeye! - Part 1

Yes! First time i saw this at the premiere, the whole theater clapped and went "WHOO!"

and he did that whilst having a conversation with the other Avengers. all casual like...

that scene just cemented his badassed-ness, IMO.
That's why they had to make Hawkeye bad for half of the movie. Otherwise, he would have been to badass and everyone in the theatre would be walking out talking about Hawkeye. ;)

I went up to get a diet coke at the theatre with the little dudes on the top and they had Hawkeye & Black Widow on the thing. She's like who do you want on top of your cup.. I'm like Hawkeye. She didn't have them and ended up giving me the drink for free cause she felt bad. Screw them for not having Hawkeye! :(

I wonder whatever became of the info that we had gotten from one of the magazines from last year, saying on how hawkeye had a special arrow that could supposedly take down the Hulk.

That's why they had to make Hawkeye bad for half of the movie. Otherwise, he would have been to badass and everyone in the theatre would be walking out talking about Hawkeye. ;)

Actually for those who think Hawkeye was under powered, just look at the havoc he caused while under Loki's control. He almost brought down the heli-carrier single handedly.

Before this movie, I always wondered why anyone would prefer a bow and arrow to a powder burner. But after seeing how versatile his arrows were, it makes more sense than using a gun. Still a few disadvantages (reload time, amount of body exposure while taking a shot) But as a support role, (with someone drawing the majority of fire) it makes perfect sense.

I wonder whatever became of the info that we had gotten from one of the magazines from last year, saying on how hawkeye had a special arrow that could supposedly take down the Hulk.

I'm glad we didn't see that in the movie. One thing I like about Marvel vs. DC is the lack of a "kryptonite" factor: Super strong hero, one incredibly inane weakness (green rock, color yellow for earlier Green Lanterns, Wonder Woman getting her bracelets bound together by a man--wtf?) A magic arrow that would take down the Hulk would be too close to a green rock IMO.

That false rumor was probably derived from a scene in the Ultimates Vol. 1, where Hawkeye *did* use a tranq arrow to bring Ultimate Hulk down.

That false rumor was probably derived from a scene in the Ultimates Vol. 1, where Hawkeye *did* use a tranq arrow to bring Ultimate Hulk down.

I'm glad Whedon did not use that scene in the movie, because it would make Hulk seems a bit too weak if he can be taken down by an arrow. It'd be almost as ridiculous as the one where Batman hit the Hulk to make him inhale the gas so he'd fall unconscious.

I went up to get a diet coke at the theatre with the little dudes on the top and they had Hawkeye & Black Widow on the thing. She's like who do you want on top of your cup.. I'm like Hawkeye. She didn't have them and ended up giving me the drink for free cause she felt bad. Screw them for not having Hawkeye! :(

I wasn't all for making him bad for half the movie at first, but after another viewing it made sense. It seems this was a quicker way to show off his skills and tell people what he's like without having to drag the story out. (plus, hey, he was a bad guy in the comics at first too, so it's sort of fitting he was Loki'd 3 minutes into the movie.) And we can see he's got smarts, just with that "doors open from both ends" quote. I can't help but wonder what was he thinking when he was "up in his nest" watching Selvig and others work.

They did that with Hill in a way at the very beginning, put her into an action sequence (against Barton) from the get-go. The way she handled herself shown us a lot about the character right away.

They didn't have Hawkeye tops here either, just Iron Man, Thor, the Cap, and Hulk. :-( Why are 'normal' people so under appreciated? IMO, these are the ones that could be real role models, because you can actually gain skill-sets like that if you try hard enough.

And the action figure is already sold out on Amazon. @#%& and they don't have 'em here yet either.

I wouldn't be surprised if he did, or will in the sequel or in his next appearance following the damage Hulk caused to the Helicarrier and all. Granted, pot, kettle, black there...SHIELD should think about making those stronger against their own people after this one.

I know some people complain about how easy it was for Barton to take down an engine, but IMO, he works for SHIELD, he knows all/most weaknesses in their equipment and it is very likely he, at least, has the arrows to match and take down SHIELD's tech (because rest of the world isn't as advanced).

Actually for those who think Hawkeye was under powered, just look at the havoc he caused while under Loki's control. He almost brought down the heli-carrier single handedly.

Yep. well he had a team too, and it shown he's a great tactician sending groups to key areas. I don't think he was underpowered at all, just because he was under Loki's control. Under-used, maybe, but Renner did a great job carrying the character whether evil or good.

Before this movie, I always wondered why anyone would prefer a bow and arrow to a powder burner. But after seeing how versatile his arrows were, it makes more sense than using a gun. Still a few disadvantages (reload time, amount of body exposure while taking a shot) But as a support role, (with someone drawing the majority of fire) it makes perfect sense.

He can do more with arrows, than he would've with guns (like I wrote earlier) , it's compact and very effective. to take on the Helicarrier the way he did , he would've needed a MUCH larger gun. Having a bow and trick arrows makes him stand out more as a char, he's not just another agent with a gun. Sure it has its weaknesses and disadvantages like you mentioned, but if that's his weapon of choice, he's learned to deal with the disadvantages quite well (as we've seen onscreen a bit).

And this is why Cap put him up on the roof, recon/support/cover fire. It's the sort of stuff Barton does best and we've seen that onscreen too.

I'm glad we didn't see that in the movie. One thing I like about Marvel vs. DC is the lack of a "kryptonite" factor: Super strong hero, one incredibly inane weakness (green rock, color yellow for earlier Green Lanterns, Wonder Woman getting her bracelets bound together by a man--wtf?) A magic arrow that would take down the Hulk would be too close to a green rock IMO.

that's true. But I wouldn't be surprised if Banner himself (or along with Stark) designed the arrowhead/tranq ingredients; to be used only if he goes out of control the way he did on the Helicarrier.

My ideal scenario would be to have BW and Hawkeye be a part of Cap 2. I know that goes against the "non-superpowered" people wish that some of you have, but it could still largely be an espionage movie, and Cap's not THAT super-powered that he wouldn't fit in with the day-to-day SHIELD operations, so it wouldn't be too different. Besides, we already know Cap's gonna be working for SHIELD in Cap 2, so it's already kind of a SHIELD movie by default. Just makes sense, imo.

At any rate, I like the 3 of them together. Hawkeye and BW make a great team, sure, but so did BW and Cap in Avengers, and didn't Hawkeye see Cap as something of a mentor in the comics? The way I see it, there's a great dynamic to be explored between all 3 of them.

I was talking about this with some co-workers, and we all agreed on the same thing, that it would be nice to see BW and Hawkeye in the next Captain America movie, simply because the three seemed to have a great partnership in The Avengers. On another note, I'd also like to see The Hulk in the next Ironman movie, since those two had a fantastic rapport in The Avengers, and I would like to see that friendship expand.

Well, my 69 year old mom is crushing majorly on Hawkeye. I told her how old Jeremy Renner was and she said he was close enough in age for her.

P.S. It's alright to date my mom because she's a widow.

Well, my 69 year old mom is crushing majorly on Hawkeye. I told her how old Jeremy Renner was and she said he was close enough in age for her.

P.S. It's alright to date my mom because she's a widow.

You brought your mom to see the avengers? That's nice dude :)

You brought your mom to see the avengers? That's nice dude :)

Well, she saw the movie on Monday evening and come Thursday (Pretty fitting seeing as how Thor is in the movie now that I think about it.) we both wanted to go see it again so we went to a 2D showing.

P.S. Don't freak out but I'm a girl.

Well, she saw the movie on Monday evening and come Thursday (Pretty fitting seeing as how Thor is in the movie now that I think about it.) we both wanted to go see it again so we went to a 2D showing.

P.S. Don't freak out but I'm a girl.

lol, sorry about that :p

Saw it for a second time last night. Loved it even more.

Hawkeye's scene with Widow when he comes back around to the 'light' side is brilliant IMO. They both play it fantastically.

Want to see lots more of them if at all possible.

Saw it for a second time last night. Loved it even more.

Hawkeye's scene with Widow when he comes back around to the 'light' side is brilliant IMO. They both play it fantastically.

Want to see lots more of them if at all possible.

Oh my God I was telling my mother that Hawkeye and Black Widow looked so cute together. She has gone Avengers crazy and I've never seen her react this way to any movie, not even Braveheart, her all time fave.

lol, sorry about that :p

*phew* You had me worried there. I thought I was going to have to level a metropolitan city if you were to freak out. You see, Kaiju can get pretty destructive when people are emotional.

Oh my God I was telling my mother that Hawkeye and Black Widow looked so cute together. She has gone Avengers crazy and I've never seen her react this way to any movie, not even Braveheart, her all time fave

Your mom, sounds very, very cool :word: Her being 70 years old just makes this even cooler --I remember someone was telling me about her grandmother owning like 2 of every game console ever made cause she was a huge gamer since video games were invented. I can only hope to be that sort of "cool old-guy" when I get to that age.

Your mom, sounds very, very cool :word: Her being 70 years old just makes this even cooler --I remember someone was telling me about her grandmother owning like 2 of every game console ever made cause she was a huge gamer since video games were invented. I can only hope to be that sort of "cool old-guy" when I get to that age.

Well, I'm heading in that direction I guess because I am an avid gamer myself and my nephew has quite a selection of consoles to choose from with me. Lately he's been playing Ocarina of Time on the 3DS. But yeah, having adults into the same thing as the kids is a pretty neat, family oriented thing.

Hawkeye works best as a support character, like he was used in this film.

Hawkeye works best as a support character, like he was used in this film.
No he doesn't.

We need to see more off.

He's just a human and he kicks just as much ass as superheroes in both the movie and comics. What's does that tell you?

One thing.

He's a freaking badass.

No he doesn't.

We need to see more off.

He's just a human and he kicks just as much ass as superheroes in both the movie and comics. What's does that tell you?

One thing.

He's a freaking badass.

That made me laugh my ass off. So true though, Hawkeye's the man.

He is but he makes the most sense in a supporting position. I like the mystery behind him. This is how Wolverine should have been used in the X-men series.

Yeah, as a brand new character into the mix and one that hardly anyone recognizes, it wouldn't make sense to give him too much to do--although I thought he had a lot to provide to the movie.

Yeah, as a brand new character into the mix and one that hardly anyone recognizes, it wouldn't make sense to give him too much to do--although I thought he had a lot to provide to the movie.

Well, it didn't hurt Legolas in LOTR. He was very much just a supporting player in the books, but with the movies, because he became so popular after people found out about him, he was giving much more to do, and a chance to flesh out his character some.

Oh, just noticed on IMDb, while nobody really knew who Hawkeye was going into the movie, apparently the do now, enough to place Jeremy Renner in position 3 on the starometer, behind fellow Avengers Chris Hemsworth and Scarlet Johansen.

Last edited:
Are you kidding? I think I learned more about Hawkeye in one movie than I did about Legolas in three. Letting a character have more action scenes and deliver plot moving lines, devoid of personality, is NOT developing a character.

Random freaky Jeremy Renner photo. I just love this man's face and all the great expressions he comes up with.

tumblr_m3qpt23Ngj1qd3lh0o1_r1_500.jpg

That looks photoshopped to me for some reason?

It has to be photoshopped (but it probably isn't). It just looks so...odd. :funny:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"